HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alright its 10:13pm on March 14th, 2012 and the Jets win 5-2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2012, 04:04 PM
  #101
blueandgoldguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Greg's River Heights
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 500
Only saw the last period. Rest of the game just caught the hilights. Great game Jets!

Wheeler's set up of the Ladd goal was fantastic! Deked not one, but two guys. Anyone else think we need to get him signed to an extension this summer rather than wait until 2013 when he is an RFA? His price will only increase as I just can't see him regressing back to a 40 -45 point player.

Jets need to go 8 - 3 - 1 down the stretch to get 91 points which imo is the minimum they need to get the 8th and final playoff spot. Another must win tomorrow against Washington.

blueandgoldguy is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
  #102
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Järfälla
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Agree 100% - steal of the year for a waiver pickup. Pretty durned solid so far, and it'll be great for him to get more time with Huddy going forward.

Howson.
Oh be nice! I'm sure he's trying his best! I'm not entirely sure what he's trying his best to do though...

Romang67 is online now  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM
  #103
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Only saw the last period. Rest of the game just caught the hilights. Great game Jets!

Wheeler's set up of the Ladd goal was fantastic! Deked not one, but two guys. Anyone else think we need to get him signed to an extension this summer rather than wait until 2013 when he is an RFA? His price will only increase as I just can't see him regressing back to a 40 -45 point player.

Jets need to go 8 - 3 - 1 down the stretch to get 91 points which imo is the minimum they need to get the 8th and final playoff spot. Another must win tomorrow against Washington.
I agree it's possible they could get in with 88-89 pts, but that would need to be the near perfect storm of other teams collapsing, and that's just not going to happen.

I predict you are right, the 8th place team will have 91 points.

Turbofan is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #104
ps241
It's closing time.
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,203
vCash: 50
Yea we get Grant (Clitty) for the balance of this year and he is under contract next year for $1.25 million. We move Johnny O who was making $3.5 and is a UFA at the end of the season. On top of that we get Chicago's 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2013.

For my money Grant is not a step down from Johnny. He is not as good a skater but he is definitely no slouch. Grant is more physical and a much better passer (both break out and stretch). I also like Grant's shot more but I do think Johnny had very good cover skills and his mobility was an asset when tracking elite speedsters.


Still this set of transactions was a home run.

ps241 is online now  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:43 PM
  #105
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 7,880
vCash: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I agree it's possible they could get in with 88-89 pts, but that would need to be the near perfect storm of other teams collapsing, and that's just not going to happen.

I predict you are right, the 8th place team will have 91 points.
I've been thinking 90 points as the magic number, 8- 4 to finish out, but depending on how hot other teams stay it might take more.

KingBogo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 05:06 PM
  #106
peg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 637
vCash: 50
Here is a little chart showing the impact of the Jets Capitals game on the chances of the Jets, Capitals, and Panthers of making the playoffs (all based on the sportsclubstats website).

Odds of making playoffs

team name....... current..... wash win....... jets win
Panther...... 88.7%..... 90.0%..... 88..3%
Capitals... 77.4%..... 88.4%...... 67.4%
Jets........ 22.1%..... 10.9%..... 30.8%

The Panthers already look like a shoe in. If we lose it almost looks like a done deal that both Florida and Washington are in. However, if we win things look much improved. Still an uphill battle, but if Washington struggles against Chicago, Detroit and Phili and we can knock them off in the rematch in Washington, our chances will be pretty good.

peg is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
  #107
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yea we get Grant (Clitty) for the balance of this year and he is under contract next year for $1.25 million. We move Johnny O who was making $3.5 and is a UFA at the end of the season. On top of that we get Chicago's 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2013.

For my money Grant is not a step down from Johnny. He is not as good a skater but he is definitely no slouch. Grant is more physical and a much better passer (both break out and stretch). I also like Grant's shot more but I do think Johnny had very good cover skills and his mobility was an asset when tracking elite speedsters.


Still this set of transactions was a home run.
I think Clitty is a Better skater not faster but his strides are so efficient... For my money I say he is a definite upgrade over Oduya I just cant believe we got him for free

Tdoe42 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
  #108
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Totally lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
I've been thinking 90 points as the magic number, 8- 4 to finish out, but depending on how hot other teams stay it might take more.
Referring to my new favorite site: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/E.../Winnipeg.html
Currently they're projecting a 56.2% chance of the Jets making the playoffs if they go 8-4 down the stretch for 90 points.

It seems obvious but I'll state it anyways - it all comes down to them beating Washington cleanly both times. Those are 4 pt games in the standings.

vBurmi is online now  
Old
03-16-2012, 08:46 AM
  #109
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,030
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yea we get Grant (Clitty) for the balance of this year and he is under contract next year for $1.25 million. We move Johnny O who was making $3.5 and is a UFA at the end of the season. On top of that we get Chicago's 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2013.

For my money Grant is not a step down from Johnny. He is not as good a skater but he is definitely no slouch. Grant is more physical and a much better passer (both break out and stretch). I also like Grant's shot more but I do think Johnny had very good cover skills and his mobility was an asset when tracking elite speedsters.


Still this set of transactions was a home run.
I agree 100%. And it's not a knock against Oduya.

Will the people who want to take the torches and pitchforks to Cheveldayoff admit that this set of transactions were great?

Huffer is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 08:50 AM
  #110
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,427
vCash: 69
"Alright it's 9:49am on March 16th, 2012 and the new GDT is up so I will now close this up."



__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=143786  3831 verified CLOWN
Guerzy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.