Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alright its 10:13pm on March 14th, 2012 and the Jets win 5-2

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 04:04 PM
blueandgoldguy

vCash: 500
Only saw the last period. Rest of the game just caught the hilights. Great game Jets!

Wheeler's set up of the Ladd goal was fantastic! Deked not one, but two guys. Anyone else think we need to get him signed to an extension this summer rather than wait until 2013 when he is an RFA? His price will only increase as I just can't see him regressing back to a 40 -45 point player.

Jets need to go 8 - 3 - 1 down the stretch to get 91 points which imo is the minimum they need to get the 8th and final playoff spot. Another must win tomorrow against Washington.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Agree 100% - steal of the year for a waiver pickup. Pretty durned solid so far, and it'll be great for him to get more time with Huddy going forward.

Howson.
Oh be nice! I'm sure he's trying his best! I'm not entirely sure what he's trying his best to do though...

Old
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Only saw the last period. Rest of the game just caught the hilights. Great game Jets!

Wheeler's set up of the Ladd goal was fantastic! Deked not one, but two guys. Anyone else think we need to get him signed to an extension this summer rather than wait until 2013 when he is an RFA? His price will only increase as I just can't see him regressing back to a 40 -45 point player.

Jets need to go 8 - 3 - 1 down the stretch to get 91 points which imo is the minimum they need to get the 8th and final playoff spot. Another must win tomorrow against Washington.
I agree it's possible they could get in with 88-89 pts, but that would need to be the near perfect storm of other teams collapsing, and that's just not going to happen.

I predict you are right, the 8th place team will have 91 points.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:42 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

Yea we get Grant (Clitty) for the balance of this year and he is under contract next year for $1.25 million. We move Johnny O who was making $3.5 and is a UFA at the end of the season. On top of that we get Chicago's 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2013.

For my money Grant is not a step down from Johnny. He is not as good a skater but he is definitely no slouch. Grant is more physical and a much better passer (both break out and stretch). I also like Grant's shot more but I do think Johnny had very good cover skills and his mobility was an asset when tracking elite speedsters.

Still this set of transactions was a home run.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:43 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I agree it's possible they could get in with 88-89 pts, but that would need to be the near perfect storm of other teams collapsing, and that's just not going to happen.

I predict you are right, the 8th place team will have 91 points.
I've been thinking 90 points as the magic number, 8- 4 to finish out, but depending on how hot other teams stay it might take more.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:06 PM
peg

Here is a little chart showing the impact of the Jets Capitals game on the chances of the Jets, Capitals, and Panthers of making the playoffs (all based on the sportsclubstats website).

Odds of making playoffs

team name....... current..... wash win....... jets win
Panther...... 88.7%..... 90.0%..... 88..3%
Capitals... 77.4%..... 88.4%...... 67.4%
Jets........ 22.1%..... 10.9%..... 30.8%

The Panthers already look like a shoe in. If we lose it almost looks like a done deal that both Florida and Washington are in. However, if we win things look much improved. Still an uphill battle, but if Washington struggles against Chicago, Detroit and Phili and we can knock them off in the rematch in Washington, our chances will be pretty good.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yea we get Grant (Clitty) for the balance of this year and he is under contract next year for $1.25 million. We move Johnny O who was making $3.5 and is a UFA at the end of the season. On top of that we get Chicago's 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2013.

For my money Grant is not a step down from Johnny. He is not as good a skater but he is definitely no slouch. Grant is more physical and a much better passer (both break out and stretch). I also like Grant's shot more but I do think Johnny had very good cover skills and his mobility was an asset when tracking elite speedsters.

I think Clitty is a Better skater not faster but his strides are so efficient... For my money I say he is a definite upgrade over Oduya I just cant believe we got him for free

Old
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
I've been thinking 90 points as the magic number, 8- 4 to finish out, but depending on how hot other teams stay it might take more.
Referring to my new favorite site: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/E.../Winnipeg.html
Currently they're projecting a 56.2% chance of the Jets making the playoffs if they go 8-4 down the stretch for 90 points.

It seems obvious but I'll state it anyways - it all comes down to them beating Washington cleanly both times. Those are 4 pt games in the standings.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post

I agree 100%. And it's not a knock against Oduya.

Will the people who want to take the torches and pitchforks to Cheveldayoff admit that this set of transactions were great?

Old
03-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
"Alright it's 9:49am on March 16th, 2012 and the new GDT is up so I will now close this up."