HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantrax League Topic #2

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Any money you guys can send my way is appreciated but not necessary. I'll pay out of my pocket completely if I have to.

I pay for a lot in this league and all I ask is that you log-in every day, answer trade requests, and follow this topic as well as e-mails. Heck, I don't even ask that you set your lineup if you don't want to. If you wanna tank or are feeling completely lazy one day then you don't even have to set your lineup. My goal is to make this a competitive league (thus the monetary payouts and Premium league status), but also a leisurely, simple league.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Haha. I'm bad at answering trade requests. There were a couple I still had open which I wasn't interested in early in the season which I could have accepted months later to be a dick

Pretty much if I don't answer it means I'm not terribly interested in trading my player involved.

03-15-2012, 04:37 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Great job with the league thus far. One of the first fantasy hockey leagues I've been in that's been competitive and active down the stretch.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Couturier View Post
Great job with the league thus far. One of the first fantasy hockey leagues I've been in that's been competitive and active down the stretch.

Warms my heart when people give me comments like this.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
it has been a fun season
Although I do not think I could afford to do a pay league.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
it has been a fun season
Although I do not think I could afford to do a pay league.
That's fine. Like I said before, it's fine if you guys can gimme some money to help pay for the prizes, but it's also fine if you can't. It's a completely free league and will always be that way. I have a lifetime membership at Fantrax and, due to that, I can run one Premium league for free every season which is why I intend to keep this league running for a very long time.

Thank you for saying it's a fun season by the way. =)

Old
03-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I'm going to go from 7th to out of the playoffs in the last game of the season. ****.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
03-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I'm going to go from 7th to out of the playoffs in the last game of the season. ****.
You're only less then a point behind. I still believe in you.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Garbage Goal

I face a bit of a dilemma. I was planning on contracting four teams, as ideally I'd like to have a more "normal" 12 team league, but two of the four inactive teams I was gonna contract have become active again so I don't know whether to contract them or not. As it is there's only two or three inactive teams with Shoot kind of being on the fence. I might have to force out one or two active owners if nothing changes, but there's a decent chance that some people will lose interest and activity in the off-season.

I know this won't happen until the off-season, but the season is nearing it's end and I'd like to know by the end of our playoffs what will be happening. So I have four questions for you all as I value everyone's input in this league:

1) Should we contract two or four teams?

2) With the players of the contracted teams, should we add them to the free agent and prospect draft or should we hold a separate, third draft for all these players?

3) If you do want to have a third, separate draft for these contracted players, in what way should the draft order be decided? In some kind of relation to the standings or completely randomized?

4) How do you want the free agent and prospect draft to be handled in terms of draft order? Should they both be in inverse order of the standings, order of the standings, or each as one of the two? Note, however, that no matter what anyone says these two drafts will be serpentine.

As it is, here's the two teams that will most definitely be contracted and their players:

A Tribe Called Soul
(last log-in date 11/01/11)

C

Cody Hodgson
T.J. Oshie
John Tavares
Daniel Winnik
Lars Eller
Nazem Kadri
Brandon McMillan
Joey Hishon
Jonathan Huberdeau

LW

Jamie Benn
Evander Kane
Tomas Kopecky
Wojtek Wolski
Raffi Torres

RW

Danny Cleary
Marian Gaborik
Patrick Kane
Bryan Little
Paul Thompson

D

Dan Boyle
Matt Carle
John-Michael Liles
Shea Weber
Keith Yandle
Anton Babchuk
Adam McQuaid
Erik Gustafsson

G

Ray Emery
Henrik Lundqvist
Anders Lindback
Jake Allen

Broad Street Brassknuckles (last log-in date 12/12/11)

C

Tyler Bozak
Michal Handzus
Rich Peverley
Patrick Sharp
Nathan Gerbe
Tyler Pitlick
Jacob Josefson
Jordan Schroeder

LW

Milan Lucic
Joffrey Lupul
Bobby Ryan
Alexander Semin
Ville Leino
Viktor Stalberg

RW

Brian Gionta
Jannik Hansen
Patric Hornqvist
Kyle Okposo
Eric Fehr
Anton Rodin
Jakob Silfverberg

D

Jay Bouwmeester
Tobias Enstrom
Tom Gilbert
Tomas Kaberle
Duncan Keith
Nicklas Lidstrom
Aaron Rome
Andre Markov

G

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Ryan Miller
Robin Lehner

That's just two teams mind you with enough impact players for two or three rounds. My goal, by contracting these teams, is to greatly increase the number of impacting free agents in the off-season and thus allow great teams to maintain their greatness and bad teams to improve themselves and compete. As it is, I'm sad to say that I regret forming a 16 team league. Too little in terms of impacting free agents to draft and too many teams to keep active.

So, in short, please answer all four of those questions. It's not necessary so nobody will be "punished" for not answering them, but keep in mind that if you don't voice your opinion then I'm forced to assume you have none and thus you can't complain about the outcome of things. Here's my stance on each of the issues:

1) Should we contract two or four teams? I would love to contract by four which would leave us with 12 teams total.

2) With the players of the contracted teams, should we add them to the free agent and prospect draft or should we hold a separate, third draft for all these players? I would also love to add them into the prospect and free agent draft. Especially if we only contract by two teams as that doesn't really leave enough for a third, separate draft.

3) If you do want to have a third, separate draft for these contracted players, in what way should the draft order be decided? In some kind of relation to the standings or completely randomized? Assuming we do go this route, I would like the order completely randomized.

4) How do you want the free agent and prospect draft to be handled in terms of draft order? Should they both be in inverse order of the standings, order of the standings, or each as one of the two? Note, however, that no matter what anyone says these two drafts will be serpentine. I was thinking that prospect draft would be in the inverse order of the standings with a lottery for the top half of the teams and the free agent draft would be the opposite. In the order of the standings with a lottery for the top teams again.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Four. I like the 12 team idea, those are always the most fun for me.

2) With the players of the contracted teams, should we add them to the free agent and prospect draft or should we hold a separate, third draft for all these players?
Add to prospect/free agent pool

3) If you do want to have a third, separate draft for these contracted players, in what way should the draft order be decided? In some kind of relation to the standings or completely randomized?
randomized

4) How do you want the free agent and prospect draft to be handled in terms of draft order? Should they both be in inverse order of the standings, order of the standings, or each as one of the two? Note, however, that no matter what anyone says these two drafts will be serpentine.

Both should be inverse (lottery for FA)
or secondly.
FA inverse standings, and prospect in order of standings.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:57 PM
JVR21
G

I like 16 teams because the teams aren't stacked. Contracting as few teams as possible would be my preference.

IMO it should be a "luck of the draw" type of thing for the contracted teams' players. If the free agent draft is randomized then they should go into that. Otherwise, it should be a separate third draft.

3) If you do want to have a third, separate draft for these contracted players, in what way should the draft order be decided? In some kind of relation to the standings or completely randomized? Assuming we do go this route, I would like the order completely randomized.

Randomized

4) How do you want the free agent and prospect draft to be handled in terms of draft order? Should they both be in inverse order of the standings, order of the standings, or each as one of the two? Note, however, that no matter what anyone says these two drafts will be serpentine. I was thinking that prospect draft would be in the inverse order of the standings with a lottery for the top half of the teams and the free agent draft would be the opposite. In the order of the standings with a lottery for the top teams again.

I don't think it would be fair if the first place team got the first pick in the free agent draft. Whatever the order is, though, it should be opposite for the free agent and prospect drafts.

Old
03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
One thing about fewer teams would be having better players, and thus having to make tougher lineup decisions.

I wouldn't mind a dispersal draft, because I think it would be cool, but I also wouldn't mind if they went into just the regular draft. Both of which should be reverse order of standings, but that might be easy for me to say, I have like the third worst record. However, the prospects of the contracted teams should go back into the prospect draft.

Old
03-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Garbage Goal

I'm not sure if I like the idea of both drafts being in the opposite order of the standings. I'm actually thinking about randomizing the order of the pro draft.

Old
03-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

How about FA draft reverse order. (This makes it fair, which is why every pro league does this for parity).

and the prospect draft randomize?

Old
03-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
How about FA draft reverse order. (This makes it fair, which is why every pro league does this for parity).

and the prospect draft randomize?
That makes more sense I suppose.

Old
03-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Garbage Goal

I'm not sure but Girouxsalem may have just lost a playoff spot because of an illegal lineup. Lots of movement in the standings this week. Look like Hollywood Cannon secured a playoff spot.

Old
03-18-2012, 11:14 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I still don't know how my team sucked so badly this season. Maybe Backstrom being hurt.. or that my goalies were Steve Mason and Michal Neuvirth?

03-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I'm down for whatever.

Old
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Prongo
Beer

Contract the league by 4 teams I say. like everyone else said the 12 team system is better with better lineups and harder lineup decisions.

I think we should just put the players on the contracted teams into the free agency draft for next season. But i'm down with anything on this really.

I think the free agency draft should be in reverse order of the standings to create parity, but the prospect draft maybe randomized? I'm not to concerned about the prospects but really think we should do reverse order in the free agency draft. We can't have people winning the league and then selecting really high in the free agency draft. It makes it harder to be repeat winners.

That's all really. I am just excited to actually play in my first keeper league and happy to do this well in it's first year. Thanks for allowing to take whoever spot I took at the end of the season and looking forward to more years of fun!

Old
03-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Garbage Goal

No problem flyersfan, you've been a great contributor to the league so the pleasure is all mine.

Has anyone figured out how to look at season stats? Like fantasy points for the season, goals scored for the season, etc.? I can't seem to find a place for it. Kind of embarrassing as I am the commissioner, but still, does anyone know?

Old
03-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Hollywood Couturier

In regards to draft order for the main draft we could do what we did in another league i'm in.

16th placed team gets to pick his position (1-16) followed by the 15th. So on and so forth. (Or however many teams we have)

Old
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
In regards to draft order for the main draft we could do what we did in another league i'm in.

16th placed team gets to pick his position (1-16) followed by the 15th. So on and so forth. (Or however many teams we have)
That's a really good idea actually.

Old
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Garbage Goal

Majority opinion seems to be to add all the players into the free agent pool. What I'm thinking is this:

We do what Hollywood suggested for the free agent draft while adding the players of contracted teams to that draft. For the prospect draft, we do a league-wide lottery. I'll draw pieces of paper out of a hat or something. Last place team (me) gets X amount of papers in the hat where X equals the number of teams in the league. So if we contract to 14 teams I get 14 entries in the hat. Second to last place gets 13 entries in the hat and so on and so forth until the 1st place team gets one entry in the hat. Then we pull papers out to decide where everyone drafts. Sound good to most of you?

Also, when should the keeper deadline be? I think the NHL playoffs are pretty irrelevant to the regular season and thus this league so I'm thinking a week after our playoffs end. As was said before, if you don't chime in on this subject then you don't have the right to complain about any of the outcomes.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Majority opinion seems to be to add all the players into the free agent pool. What I'm thinking is this:

We do what Hollywood suggested for the free agent draft while adding the players of contracted teams to that draft. For the prospect draft, we do a league-wide lottery. I'll draw pieces of paper out of a hat or something. Last place team (me) gets X amount of papers in the hat where X equals the number of teams in the league. So if we contract to 14 teams I get 14 entries in the hat. Second to last place gets 13 entries in the hat and so on and so forth until the 1st place team gets one entry in the hat. Then we pull papers out to decide where everyone drafts. Sound good to most of you?

Also, when should the keeper deadline be? I think the NHL playoffs are pretty irrelevant to the regular season and thus this league so I'm thinking a week after our playoffs end. As was said before, if you don't chime in on this subject then you don't have the right to complain about any of the outcomes.
The idea of putting the contracted team's players into the draft doesn't really make sense to me. Although I do not have a solution to this problem. It doesn't make sense for them to be placed into a normal draft where teams can pick their positions.

Here is my example if we drop four teams. The top four picks in the draft will most likely be first round picks (based off of our original draft). Since we're allowed to keep 8 players essentially after the contracted teams players go every one else is drafting 9th round talent.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
The idea of putting the contracted team's players into the draft doesn't really make sense to me. Although I do not have a solution to this problem. It doesn't make sense for them to be placed into a normal draft where teams can pick their positions.

Here is my example if we drop four teams. The top four picks in the draft will most likely be first round picks (based off of our original draft). Since we're allowed to keep 8 players essentially after the contracted teams players go every one else is drafting 9th round talent.
So you're saying, if I got this right, to do a dispersal draft then let teams pick their keepers? Another good idea.

Closed Thread