HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012 Kvalserien | Rögle promoted; Timrå defends SEL berth

View Poll Results: Who will play in Elitserien in 12-13? (Pick two teams)
Djurgårdens IF 20 86.96%
Timrå IK 9 39.13%
Örebro HK 4 17.39%
Leksands IF 8 34.78%
BIK Karlskoga 1 4.35%
Rögle BK 3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-15-2012, 03:55 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
Kvalserien is always such a treat to follow, way more interesting than the Elitserien play-offs. To bad we don't have anything like this in Finland (as it would be a waste of time since no Mestis team would ever stand a chance to make it to the SM-liiga...).

Allsvenskan teams, yet again, giving the Elitserien teams a run for their money. The games are actually surprisingly even considering the fact how much weaker those Allsvenskan teams are on paper. For example, is there even single one player on Bofors' roster that would make Timrå's roster? Yeah, probably not. Still they're battling neck to neck. Awesome.
yap, in swiss is also different. 12 teams. the last four in play-outs and the loser will play 7 match against the champion of B league. i can tell that is very excruciating mentally to play that kind of games if you are the team in A league.

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Ciccarelli
Uncle Gelart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special One View Post
yap, in swiss is also different. 12 teams. the last four in play-outs and the loser will play 7 match against the champion of B league. i can tell that is very excruciating mentally to play that kind of games if you are the team in A league.
We actually tried that (play-out concept) in Finland for a year too and oh boy did it ever suck. The draw for those games was like next to non-existent. The attendance numbers for the games here in Pori were something between 1.000 to 2.000 spectators. And yeah, to be in the qualification series... A hell it was literally. That was actually the only time a Mestis team has been able to challenge an SM-Liiga team, ever since then it has been a walk in the park for the SM-Liiga team.

To YARRI123, I personally follow the games via this page: http://stats.swehockey.se/. I think this thread will hold some good discussion through out the Kvalserien as well.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Ciccarelli
Uncle Gelart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
It's a sign of that the paper teams doesn't matter, theres plenty of Allsvenskan-players that would do well in Elitserien. Looking at Djurgården vs Rögle today, I would take players like Ted Brithén, Alexander Johansson and Daniel Sondell in a heatbeat over guys like Jonas Almtorp, John Norman and Mattias Carlsson for my Djurgården.
Yeah, there are some great guys in the Allsvenskan. I took Bofors as a pretty extreme example because to me it really seem like they have an average at best -roster for the Allsvenskan level. Daniel Sondell would be one of the better offensive defensemen in Elitserien.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:27 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Quote:
We actually tried that (play-out concept) in Finland for a year too and oh boy did it ever suck. The draw for those games was like next to non-existent. The attendance numbers for the games here in Pori were something between 1.000 to 2.000 spectators. And yeah, to be in the qualification series... A hell it was literally. That was actually the only time a Mestis team has been able to challenge an SM-Liiga team, ever since then it has been a walk in the park for the SM-Liiga team.

To YARRI123, I personally follow the games via this page: http://stats.swehockey.se/. I think this thread will hold some good discussion through out the Kvalserien as well.
in swiss the attendance is about the same has you play in regular season. in barrage is sell-out.

hear the last 8 years:

ambri 4-1 visp
biel 4-3 lausanne
biel 4-3 lausanne
basel 0-4 biel
langnau 4-1 biel
fribourg 4-2 biel
lausanne 3-4 basel
lausanne 4-0 biel

Old
03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Ferros

Quote:
Kvalserien is always such a treat to follow, way more interesting than the Elitserien play-offs. To bad we don't have anything like this in Finland (as it would be a waste of time since no Mestis team would ever stand a chance to make it to the SM-liiga...).

Allsvenskan teams, yet again, giving the Elitserien teams a run for their money. The games are actually surprisingly even considering the fact how much weaker those Allsvenskan teams are on paper. For example, is there even single one player on Bofors' roster that would make Timrå's roster? Yeah, probably not. Still they're battling neck to neck. Awesome.
The difference between Allsvenskan and Elitserien isn't that big anymore. Especially between Timrå, which is by far the worst team in SEL, and the best teams in Allsvenskan. I'm not saying that they're equal but the difference isn't as big as it used to be.

There are plenty of players in Allsvenskan that could, and have, gone straight from Allsvenskan to Elitserien and made an impact on their team.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:58 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

ya, what's linus klasen doing in Allsvenskan? i would love to have that guy in biel. what's his salary?

Old
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Quote:
ya, what's linus klasen doing in Allsvenskan? i would love to have that guy in biel. what's his salary?
Sign on-bonus: around 9 millions
around 4 millions per year

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...r-efter-skatt/

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 03-15-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 05:27 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferros View Post
The difference between Allsvenskan and Elitserien isn't that big anymore. Especially between Timrå, which is by far the worst team in SEL, and the best teams in Allsvenskan. I'm not saying that they're equal but the difference isn't as big as it used to be.

There are plenty of players in Allsvenskan that could, and have, gone straight from Allsvenskan to Elitserien and made an impact on their team.
it was just a matter time that the change in swedish youth program will not only produce more elite talent (rise in NHL drafteed), but also produce much better depth. the skill level in allsvenskan is getting better each year. the same can be said about some allsvenskan clubs and their professional work. växjö is a good example on how to improve the whole club, although they need to find a way to not rely on foreigners completely in the future.

but for swedish hockey it's pretty amazing that allsvenskan is improving so much, because i can't tell another european country that is able to two leagues of this quality so close together and therefore have a great promotion/relegation system.

and maybe is this the year when karlskrona and their hockey crazy fans finally promote to allsvenskan too. that can only be a good thing for the league.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Everlasting

Timrås deffence/Goalkeeping must become way better if they want to play in SEL next season. Glad to se their powerplay is working.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Sign on-bonus: 9 millions
4 millions per year
4 millions? euros? are kidding me?

Old
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
What's a good webpage to follow the kvalserien (preferably in english but swedish will do too I guess)? Interesting stuff, I wish Mestis was as good a league as Allsvenskan, there's no point having the same qualification system here in Finland because Mestis is so weak compared to SM-liiga...

Some other questions:
1. How big are the teams in this years kvalserien? (Fanbase, juniorsystem, economy)
2. What are the average attendances of the Allsvenskan teams qualifying?
3. From the above posts I've gathered Örebro and Bofors are the little guys, do they have potential to grow into big Elitserien organizations if they qualify? What about Rögle or Leksand?

I tried searching the net for answers but with my swedish skills it is very difficult.
Örebro is not a classic team, but they have economic muscle and a potential to grow, not the biggest fanbase but they would probably get semidecent attendence if they qualify to Elitserien.
The teams profile right now is that they rely heavily on players that have been stars in Allsvenskan for a long while like Conny Strömberg and Johan Wiklander. A pretty old team, without a great junior organization. Favorites to threaten the SEL-teams since they arguably have the best team on paper among the teams from Allsvenskan (among those four players with some NHL-experience). If they would qualify for SEL, hockey interest would grow in a part of Sweden that has never been that interested in hockey.

Bofors (Karlskoga) is a smallmarket team with low attendence from a small town, that has had a great season, no great junior system even if they fostered a couple of players through the ages (like Bengt Åke Gustafsson). Few standout players, more of a hard working collective with a great coach.

Leksand is a very classic team, with good attendence and fans all over Sweden, they have great junior development. Besides Oel, Filip Forsberg and Victor Rask, they have loads of young players on the team that have been fostered by the club. This years edition is a allround good team, but perhaps without some really big stars (well Mattias Timander is perhaps a star).

Rögle has played a couple of seasons in Elitserien before, they have pretty decent attendence, and a really good junior program. They have a very young team, with quite a few up and coming players. Plus a couple of veterans with SEL-experience

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
zecke26

Quote:
4 millions? euros? are kidding me?
swedish crowns i'd say.

so divide by 10 and you have euros.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:07 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
swedish crowns i'd say.

thanks. that's what we pay for a foreign in A league.

maximun salary in swiss is glen metropolit(ex canadiens) pay by zug. 1.4 millions.

and in SEL?

Old
03-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Old
03-15-2012, 06:24 PM
YARR123

Quote:
swedish crowns i'd say.

Holy ****. How much money does this Malmö team have, too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray
Örebro is not a classic team, but they have economic muscle and a potential to grow, not the biggest fanbase but they would probably get semidecent attendence if they qualify to Elitserien.
The teams profile right now is that they rely heavily on players that have been stars in Allsvenskan for a long while like Conny Strömberg and Johan Wiklander. A pretty old team, without a great junior organization. Favorites to threaten the SEL-teams since they arguably have the best team on paper among the teams from Allsvenskan (among those four players with some NHL-experience). If they would qualify for SEL, hockey interest would grow in a part of Sweden that has never been that interested in hockey.

Bofors (Karlskoga) is a smallmarket team with low attendence from a small town, that has had a great season, no great junior system even if they fostered a couple of players through the ages (like Bengt Åke Gustafsson). Few standout players, more of a hard working collective with a great coach.

Leksand is a very classic team, with good attendence and fans all over Sweden, they have great junior development. Besides Oel, Filip Forsberg and Victor Rask, they have loads of young players on the team that have been fostered by the club. This years edition is a allround good team, but perhaps without some really big stars (well Mattias Timander is perhaps a star).

Rögle has played a couple of seasons in Elitserien before, they have pretty decent attendence, and a really good junior program. They have a very young team, with quite a few up and coming players. Plus a couple of veterans with SEL-experience
Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated. So I gather that all of these teams atleast have the infrastructure to play in the SEL? Here the problem is that if a Mestis team managed to qualify for SM-liiga, there's only about 3 teams which have the infrastructure to actually be able to run a decent enough organization for SM-liiga standards. And the worst teams are usually pitifully small with no chance of even accepting a SM-liiga spot even if they got there through qualifications.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 06:33 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
is there even single one player on Bofors' roster that would make Timrå's roster? Yeah, probably not. Still they're battling neck to neck. Awesome.

Linus Persson
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=686

Daniel Bellissimo
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12846

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Malmö always have a expensive roster yet they fail year after year. Didnt even make it to kvalserien this year. Imo they have to rebuild and use more young players.. Burakovsky, S.Karlsson, Meyer, Westerholm twins etc..

Old
03-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Everlasting

21 000 000 sek after taxes (All 4 years) and eve more millions if Malmö advance to SEL.

Yeah, its insane

One might think with all that money Malmö have they would advance to SEL but no..

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
swedish crowns i'd say.

Or divide it by 9 and you have the actual amount i euro.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 05:36 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
21 000 000 sek after taxes (All 4 years) and eve more millions if Malmö advance to SEL.

Yeah, its insane

One might think with all that money Malmö have they would advance to SEL but no..
They really should have. They have a great arena too, one of the best in Sweden, but for how long can they afford to use it? I am starting to feel bad for the MIF fans. A little at least.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 05:50 AM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
i have to devise in Swiss Francs. I tough Sweden has Euro. Now i understand why Sweden are fine financially, like Swiss.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:32 AM
SurMartin

I for one would love to watch SEL-games in Nobelhallen.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:37 AM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
I for one would love to watch SEL-games in Nobelhallen.
I would not.......

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:07 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
oh ok. i've changed for everything between 8 and 10 the last years, i never know where it actually is. but i assume the swedish crown is gaining ground at the moment anyway.

thanks for correction.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:24 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post

Great fuel for Leksand, they won 3-2.

It would be great if Leksand makes it, but it really is not granted for any of the teams.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote