HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Season, Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Rirre

vCash: 500
Sorry to say but sending Zibanejad to Sweden and Djurgarden has been a waste. Its hard to develop in a team with no offense. Zibby has been trying to become Ovechkin and has failed very hard. All he does is skating into the offensive zone and take a shot. Cant blame him though, atleast when hes on the ice there is a little possibility that we score a ****ing goal.

Dont get me wrong though. His shot is great, his speed is great, works hard all the time, good in defensive zone. Hes going to be a great player but playing in this team is hurting him more than helping him.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rirre View Post
Sorry to say but sending Zibanejad to Sweden and Djurgarden has been a waste. Its hard to develop in a team with no offense. Zibby has been trying to become Ovechkin and has failed very hard. All he does is skating into the offensive zone and take a shot. Cant blame him though, atleast when hes on the ice there is a little possibility that we score a ****ing goal.

Dont get me wrong though. His shot is great, his speed is great, works hard all the time, good in defensive zone. Hes going to be a great player but playing in this team is hurting him more than helping him.
What do you mean can't blame him? He hasn't been better then the rest of the team.. He has the same part in this as everyone else. One of the worst player today too, didnät do much right.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
So if im selfish and want Silfverberg here this year to play for the Sens, do I want him to lose this play-off round? So he comes over in time for play-offs?

Sorry Brynas fans.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
What do you mean can't blame him? He hasn't been better then the rest of the team.. He has the same part in this as everyone else. One of the worst player today too, didnät do much right.
We'll gladly take him in NA and even NHL too if you don't want him.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:12 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
How many games is the relegation round? I remember someone saying back a couple pages that the four best allesk. teams and the two worst SEL teams? It's something like a month long tourney? Am I way off?

Old
03-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
So if im selfish and want Silfverberg here this year to play for the Sens, do I want him to lose this play-off round? So he comes over in time for play-offs?

Sorry Brynas fans.
Not problem. It's an issue if GMs think this way. And that's why i think that the players should be drafted one year later.

And that your first pro contract in should Sweden have a clause that forces players to stay in Sweden until the season they turn 20. It would prevent the chance of busting dramaticly and it would let teams make their long term plans with more confidence.

EDIT: Swedish teams i mean.

Last edited by 1912: 03-15-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Mathieu

Brynas win !! Silfverberg with the assist.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Silfverberg with a sweet feed to the open man for the winner in OT!

2+1 for Silfverberggg!

Old
03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(Ž_Ž)╝

Silfer with the assist on the OT goal, nice head-up quick pass to the point, nothing special but he found the open man quickly.

Old
Exalted User

Brynäs wins. Silfverberg 2 goals and 1 assist.

Playoffs total of GP:3 G:2 A:2 TP:4

Old
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
How many games is the relegation round? I remember someone saying back a couple pages that the four best allesk. teams and the two worst SEL teams? It's something like a month long tourney? Am I way off?
The relegation round ends april 6th.

And the second league in sweden is called Allsvenskan

follow it here: http://stats.swehockey.se and click on the "Kval till Elitserien" in the top menu...

..and for you who wants to follow the SEL playoffs, click on "SM-Slutspel".

Last edited by RafaNadal: 03-15-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old
03-15-2012, 04:26 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Silfverberg plays so well positionally. He knows what to do and always seems to do the smart and easy choice. Not flashy but extremely effective. His shot is sure as hell flashy though.

Twice I noticed, in overtime, the defense man pass to him from their blueline and he would do a simple touch pass all the way across to the open man for a scoring chance or possession in the offensive zone quickly.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:27 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post
The relegation round ends april 6th.
Damn that's a long time, but I guess that makes sense because the team is playing for a lot

Old
03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Prince tied with Ivan Telegin in OHL's East Division Coaches poll as best skater.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...es-poll/118751

Old
03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Silfverberg plays so well positionally. He knows what to do and always seems to do the smart and easy choice. Not flashy but extremely effective. His shot is sure as hell flashy though.

Twice I noticed, in overtime, the defense man pass to him from their blueline and he would do a simple touch pass all the way across to the open man for a scoring chance or possession in the offensive zone quickly.
I agree, especially the not flashy part. He's not what you would call a dynamic offensive player and doesn't really have the puck handling you generally would expect from a top point producer. He doesn't seem to carry the puck nearly as much as Jarnkrok and just gets the puck off his stick quickly whenever he gets it whether it be shooting or a quick pass to an open man. His defining quality as an offensive player is most definitely his cannon of a shot. That's going to work well in Ottawa if we keep wanting to run and gun. I could see him scoring a lot on odd man rushes and on the PP when there's some extra space.

He keeps things simple but still seems to create a lot of offense, which isn't something you can say about many offensive players.

Other than the offense I noticed his quick stick and how he plays well positionally well in his own end ie he knows when he's needed below the goal line and pressuring a point man.

If he can get quicker, the Loui Eriksson comparisons aren't far off. I personally like the Jere Lehtinen comparison.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:21 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I've always thought Prince was a better skater then he's given credit for. Nice to see him get some recognition.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:22 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
Prince tied with Ivan Telegin in OHL's East Division Coaches poll as best skater.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...es-poll/118751
I remember when some scouting services were calling Prince's skating into question last year around this time.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I remember when some scouting services were calling Prince's skating into question last year around this time.
I never understood it then either.

He's a pretty deceptive skater. He's much quicker then he appears and it seems some defenceman underrate his skating and thats when he burns 'em. Skating wont be something that holds him back from reaching the NHL, thats for sure.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Yeah I thought Prince and Petersson were easily the best skaters at last year's development camp.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:40 PM
NuxFan09

Prospect results - Thursday March 15/12

NCAA

WCHA

D Ben Blood recorded an assist and was +2 for North Dakota as they defeated St. Cloud State 4-1 to advance to the WCHA semifinals. North Dakota will face #1 Minnesota in the semis tomorrow.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:19 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post

NCAA

WCHA

D Ben Blood recorded an assist and was +2 for North Dakota as they defeated St. Cloud State 4-1 to advance to the WCHA semifinals. North Dakota will face #1 Minnesota in the semis tomorrow.
Ben Blood was so instrumental in last year's run considered their best player, too bad they lost. Seems like he is fulfilling that role again quite nicely.

Last time I saw him, he needed a lot of help on his pivots; anyone can update me on how his improvements have gone?

Old
03-16-2012, 08:40 AM
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I never understood it then either.

He's a pretty deceptive skater. He's much quicker then he appears and it seems some defenceman underrate his skating and thats when he burns 'em. Skating wont be something that holds him back from reaching the NHL, thats for sure.
You know, seeing RNH and Bartschi transition into the NHL so well makes me wonder if Prince can turn some heads if given the opportunity. Obviously, it's safer to let him develop further in the AHL for a year or two, but it does make me wonder if he could cut it in the NHL. He seems like a very confident kid.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post

NCAA

WCHA

Wideman faces off against Western Michigan tonight in the CCHA semi's. We could be getting reinforcement in Bingo sooner rather then later

Old
03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
BrawlFan

where can i watch the highlights of the brynas game?

also Mark Stone is an animal I cannot wait for him in either Bingo next year or the big club to see if he can deliver.

If anyone can deliver being a 6th rounder it'll be Mark Stone as he is hardworking player.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:58 AM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
where can i watch the highlights of the brynas game?

also Mark Stone is an animal I cannot wait for him in either Bingo next year or the big club to see if he can deliver.

If anyone can deliver being a 6th rounder it'll be Mark Stone as he is hardworking player.

Www.hockeyligan.se

Closed Thread