HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Appreciation for Jason Ward

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2006, 03:45 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uccman39
Jason Ward is the epitome of a guy the Rangers never had, even in the Cup years..a under 30 role player...it is what makes this team exciting
Still plenty of time for him to be traded for the rights to Paul Coffey or Dave Babych.

Old
02-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uccman39
I never thought I would agree with anyone praising Sather...I am proud to say that whether as a result of the cap or just from learning from past mistakes, this Ranger team was well assembled...Jason Ward is the epitome of a guy the Rangers never had, even in the Cup years..a under 30 role player...it is what makes this team exciting

I dunno if I'd say that. The Rangers had some good role players in the 1990's including guys like King, Domi, Nemchinov, Kypreos, etc.

I think one thing (both good and bad) is that they might actually have too many in a year or so.

Jason Ward is going to have to stay on top of his game, because the Rangers have good odds of producing some depth forwards who are even younger than Ward.

Closed Thread