HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roadrunners game on Sportsnet

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Roadrunners game on Sportsnet

First period just ended, the goalie Madden is the best player for Toronto tonight. Lynch has looked great then was schooled, which is about what you'd expect.

Winchester had a terrible moment where a Habs forward was behind the net, then slowly came out front. Winchester held his spot in the high slot and just let the guy come out front. Gotta react a little quicker there Brad, or you'll be playing Ft Wayne or Clinton or Johnstown.

Old
11-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i liked what i saw from Winchester in the first especially in the bulldogs' zone

Chris Higgins just scored for bull dogs

Old
11-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Goil

Send a message via ICQ to Goil
What do I watch?

Roadies on Sportnet?
NHL on TSN?
Michigan on the Score?

Damn I need chanel in chanel

Old
11-14-2003, 03:34 PM
copperaddict

Rocky looked good against Dwyer.Lynch looks like he will be a good one.Rita shower good work in the corner for the PP goal by Lynch.

Old
11-14-2003, 03:45 PM
dem

Watched the first period.... talk about a snoozer

Zzzzz

Old
11-14-2003, 03:55 PM
H-Bear

Luoma has looked rather terrible so far; downright terrible with the puck, and got caught out of position big time on the second Bulldog goal.

Old
11-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Oi'll say!

Dan Baum looks very strong out there if that's him wearing #15. I just caught a glimpse of him throwing someone into the boards. He's not very big going by his stats.

I don't think it was Baum I saw, he doesn't seem to be playing in this game. Wish I had it on tape so I could look back.

Old
11-14-2003, 04:25 PM
fedabiblio

Just watched about 10 minutes of the game sporadicly, and I've noticed Kenny Smith and Dan Tessier out there. They've both been solid.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Asiaoil

Allen was solid and I can see him replacing Ferguson next year. Lynch will be fine as well in time but Luoma was awful. As for the forwards - there was not much to write home about. Hinz, DiCasmirro and Bishai had their moments but are all pretty small. Wright could be a PB guy. Winchester, Cullen and Henrich - mediocre at best.

I now see what people have been saying about Rita. I was actually trying to watch him in the 1st period and it was almost impossible - talk about invisable. I've always backed Rita but I'd ship him for Stefan if this is typical - both guys might need a change of scenery.

Overall its pretty clear that Edmonton has raided the cupboard and there's not much left down on the farm right now.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:06 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
in two years time we will again be stacked on the farm with Pouliot, Mikhnov, Niinimaki, Deslarius, Dufort, MacDonald etc etc

Old
11-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
in two years time we will again be stacked on the farm with Pouliot, Mikhnov, Niinimaki, Deslarius, Dufort, MacDonald etc etc
Brodziak, Greene, Helminen, Joukov, ect. ect.

The Roadrunners are really depleated considering Sarno, Valiquette and Salmelainen are up here. I think Salmo will be along for a while, until Reasoner gets back. Sarno is likely to be returned when Isbister comes back. I liked that Salmelainen was put on the left side when Georges came back. He's played with more energy than Chimera has.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:42 PM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Brodziak, Greene, Helminen, Joukov, ect. ect.

The Roadrunners are really depleated considering Sarno, Valiquette and Salmelainen are up here. I think Salmo will be along for a while, until Reasoner gets back. Sarno is likely to be returned when Isbister comes back. I liked that Salmelainen was put on the left side when Georges came back. He's played with more energy than Chimera has.
Yeah, what's been up with Chimera? He played like gangbusters last year with limited ice time, then seemed to fade down the stretch, and it mostly looks like he's still fading. Disinterested? Comfortable with his one-way contract? I dunno... We need more guys to be banging and crashing on the forecheck especially, and that should be right up his alley.

But yeah, Sarno right now looks like the prime candidate to go back down. In fact, if they like Wright so far, I wonder if they would send Sarno back down and bring up Wright for a look, or at least to be the PB guy. Sarno seemed to tail off a bit, too, but it's quite an adjustment.

Bart

Old
11-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Hemmer

I watched pretty much the whole game.

Rita was more or less invisible. Blegh. I was so dissapointed. He'd have 1 good shift, then nothing for the next 10 minutes. No wonder he can't crack the lineup...he gets lost in a daze out there.

Lynch was impressive...big, aggressive kid that plays a solid two-way game. Needs to fill out more, and work on decision making. Probably another year away at least.

Bishai and DiCasmirro stood out amongst the forwards as players who could possibly Pisani their way into the lineup one day. Both work hard, and compensate for average size with speed and smarts.

Jamie Wright showed good hustle for the most part, but doesn't look like much of a creator. He has 6 goals though...so he can finish at least.

JJ Hunter seemed to play well...I thought he deserved more icetime.

Luoma was god-awful. He looked like a beer-leaguer out there. If this guy ever plays for us, we have a problem.

Rocky Thompson played D like Scott Ferguson all night long. Good fight...busted up Dwyer nicely.
(I liked how ugly Rocky Thompson is. Perfect for his role :p )

Henrich is officially a bust. Invisible. You guys thought Isbister was bad at being passive in a big body? OH MY. If I was this guy's size...I'd at least be making an effort to get something done out there. He does squat, and clearly can't think the game fast enough to make it at the AHL level, never mind the NHL level.

Bobby Allen will never be an NHL regular. Injury fill-in at best...the guy might get 100 NHL games. Just not...brisk enough. Great for the 'Runners though, and obviously a leader with the C.

Chris Madden was pretty good, considering our D was porous to say the least. Anytime you have issues with the way the Oilers pass the puck from D to O, watch the Roadrunners tonight...

Old
11-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
First period just ended, the goalie Madden is the best player for Toronto tonight. Lynch has looked great then was schooled, which is about what you'd expect.

Winchester had a terrible moment where a Habs forward was behind the net, then slowly came out front. Winchester held his spot in the high slot and just let the guy come out front. Gotta react a little quicker there Brad, or you'll be playing Ft Wayne or Clinton or Johnstown.

You know, I noticed this guy on one shift...I think it was his first of the game. He was battling hard in the corners, using his size and strength well, and got called on an iffy penalty. That was more or less the last time I noticed him for the rest of the night...

He could be a player, but he's obviously just a young'un. Great size though...he looked strong.

Old
11-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedabiblio
Just watched about 10 minutes of the game sporadicly, and I've noticed Kenny Smith and Dan Tessier out there. They've both been solid.
I think that's Dan Smith, a guy that we signed as a free agent from the Avs' org.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I think that's Dan Smith, a guy that we signed as a free agent from the Avs' org.
I think your right
isn't Kenny Smith still in College?

Old
11-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
I think your right
isn't Kenny Smith still in College?
I think he's in his last year at Harvard, this is from his hf prospects page and they have his 2002/'03 stats up to date:
Quote:
Smith will be a senior (and the captain) at Harvard this season, and seems destined to be a quality defender at the NHL level. He has all the tools.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:23 PM
higgs88

wow!

Hey I really liked watching that game, it was awesome how the dogs played!! They're so good!!!And now don't ask me why I like Chris Higgins so much, I know he can play like this whenever he wants to!!! Higgins and Plekanec are doing great together!!! They better not split that good line too often!!

Go dogs Go!!

www.redandwhitewontletugo.com

Closed Thread