Wing Day

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
LizardKing1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't see why we would bring Hagman back, unless he wants to play 4th line minutes. We already have a ton of competition for the third line - Belsekey, Cogliano, Bonino, DSP, Holland, McMillan etc,
I dont see why not. Hes more solid PK player then many of those and we need some veterans in the line up.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Was getting my hopes up that we'd be able to snatch one of the centres in the draft, but it's not looking likely.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Was getting my hopes up that we'd be able to snatch one of the centres in the draft, but it's not looking likely.
There are still some decent centers out there, and I don't think any of the best centers in this draft are NHL ready; Forsberg is borderline. I don't see anyone that would be a better option than Holland next season, even if they end up surpassing him in a few years.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post
I dont see why not. Hes more solid PK player then many of those and we need some veterans in the line up.
So then where does he play? Whose spot does he take? Cogliano is earning $2.4M and won't be going anywhere, DSP isn't going to play 4th line minutes and Hagman flat out isn't good enough to be a top 6 player.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:02 PM
2faded

Quote:
So then where does he play? Whose spot does he take? Cogliano is earning $2.4M and won't be going anywhere, DSP isn't going to play 4th line minutes and Hagman flat out isn't good enough to be a top 6 player.
Paul it's just typical Ducks fans (most) mindset. So beaten down by this small market budget crap and afraid to see Selanne go that we want a better team but when anyone suggests that someone on the current roster needs to be replaced theres at least 5 fans quick to explain why we need to keep that person.

You even said it in a previous post. If Selanne comes back he needs to slot into the 2nd line. Well if Selanne comes back might as well bring Koivu back. Where does it end? Well if they both come back we might as well bring Blake back because he played well with them. And hey...he'll be cheaper. Hagman is good at the PK lets bring him back.

So who should we get rid of? well Beleskey sucks royally give him the boot. Well we cant do taht because he's one of the only ppl we have thatll hit or fight. Well Lydman cant be making $3m on the bottom pairing lets get rid of him. Well wait a min...he might regain his form. Well we gotta get rid of someone and Vis hasnt played so hot lets trade him. There's no way we will find someone as good as him making his salary he must stay too. WAIT! I GOT IT!

Ryan - Getz - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
Cogs - Bonino - DSP
Hagman - Crap - Parros the softy

Watch out NHL! New and improved team on the way to the cup.

THERES A REASON WHY NO OTHER TEAMS WANT THESE ****** PLAYERS THAT WE KEEP PICKING UP!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE! SAME TEAM= SAME RESULTS

Old
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Paul it's just typical Ducks fans (most) mindset. So beaten down by this small market budget crap and afraid to see Selanne go that we want a better team but when anyone suggests that someone on the current roster needs to be replaced theres at least 5 fans quick to explain why we need to keep that person.

You even said it in a previous post. If Selanne comes back he needs to slot into the 2nd line. Well if Selanne comes back might as well bring Koivu back. Where does it end? Well if they both come back we might as well bring Blake back because he played well with them. And hey...he'll be cheaper. Hagman is good at the PK lets bring him back.

So who should we get rid of? well Beleskey sucks royally give him the boot. Well we cant do taht because he's one of the only ppl we have thatll hit or fight. Well Lydman cant be making $3m on the bottom pairing lets get rid of him. Well wait a min...he might regain his form. Well we gotta get rid of someone and Vis hasnt played so hot lets trade him. There's no way we will find someone as good as him making his salary he must stay too. WAIT! I GOT IT!

Ryan - Getz - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
Cogs - Bonino - DSP

THERES A REASON WHY NO OTHER TEAMS WANT THESE ****** PLAYERS THAT WE KEEP PICKING UP!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE! SAME TEAM= SAME RESULTS
Wish it was worst results next season so we could get McKinnon

Old
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I know this is hfboards and all, but that's a terrible wish.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post

Ryan - Getz - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
Cogs - Bonino - DSP

I agree with your sentiment. I do think there may be some sort of notable lineup change, but nothing groundbreaking.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
LizardKing1

Quote:
3rd line like i said. DSP also.
Cogliano is overpaid and he just doesnt "click" on the Ducks. We need changes and trading Cogliano is much bigger change than Hagman that we got from waivers. Trade Blake,Cogliano,Parros,Beleskey.
If we trade Lydman and vis. i`d like to see Dennis Seidenberg in ducks. Really sharp Defensive-D-man (30+) we cant trust our defense on couple of kids if we lose Lydman and Visnovsky.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post
3rd line like i said. DSP also.
Cogliano is overpaid and he just doesnt "click" on the Ducks. We need changes and trading Cogliano is much bigger change than Hagman that we got from waivers. Trade Blake,Cogliano,Parros,Beleskey.
If we trade Lydman and vis. i`d like to see Dennis Seidenberg in ducks. Really sharp Defensive-D-man (30+) we cant trust our defense on couple of kids if we lose Lydman and Visnovsky.
Blake and Parros are UFA, can't trade what you don't own. And if you're trading Lydman and Visnovsky I think it makes sense to push for Stuart this summer and use the trade returns for the elusive and mythical easily acquired 2nd line center about 5 teams are looking for.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:57 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Oh god dude. I may want to lose as many games as possible this year, but get the worst possible result NEXT year? Why? As long as they can logically make the playoffs they should go for every win. We aren't Oilers fans here. Repeated failure would be awful for this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
There are still some decent centers out there, and I don't think any of the best centers in this draft are NHL ready; Forsberg is borderline. I don't see anyone that would be a better option than Holland next season, even if they end up surpassing him in a few years.
Don't know why everyone says Forsberg is a center. He's played wing his whole life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Ehhh. Galchenyuk may still fall. You gotta look at the overall standings. LA, SJ, and Colorado are likely going to have better finishes than us so that's -2 or 3 in draft position. In the East Buffalo, Winnipeg, Tampa/Washington could all finish better than us in all likeliness so once again that's -2 or 3 we could be drafting anywhere from 8 to 10 maintaining the current pace. As long as Galchenyuk's injury is bothersome to other GMs we should be fine their.

And if he's not you can pick Radek Faksa, he's been compared to Landeskog in terms of strength and NHL readiness.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

One of you frustrated comedians needs to put up a new GDT before it ruins my birthday!

Closed Thread