HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#70: Rangers vs. Pens

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly.

You're trying to tell me if some of those little tap in goals that the Rangers couldn't score on happened to Rick Nash they wouldn't be goals? Nash would have buried 1-2 if given the chances some of the Rangers were given.
^I agree, Nash buries at least one of those chances as opposed to Dubinsky who maybe created 1 for sure and possibly 2 scoring chances all night. I understand Sather did not want to part with Kreider or MDZ or MCD for Nash, but we really need secondary scoring badly. Nash on a second line plus a health Callahan changes everything. Hindsight is always 20-20, besides if we make that trade I guarantee Thomas and Miller turn into surefire 1st line NHl players and Erixon becomes a first pair d-man.

Old
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
You mean like we should have cut our losses and moved Gaborik and DelZotto after last season?
Big difference. Gaborik was a proven first-line talent who had an off year. Del Zotto was a highly talented kid who had a sophomore slump. Dubinsky isn't a high end player. He's capable of better than this, but not that much better than this. He has never been a consistent scorer. If we sign Parise, then Dubinsky will have to go for cap reasons anyway.

Old
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I really hope your right but as it relates to Parise, I really believe he'll either be back with the Devils or end up with the Wings or Wild. This team has to make a move for more offense in the offseason; cannot win with smoke and mirrors anymore.
Exactly!

If anyone really thinks that at the moment, we are a better team than the Penguins, they are either delusional or drinking to much kool aid. I know we were missing some key players, and MAYBE we would have won this game, but can anyone really expect us to win a 7 game series against these guys.

We are on the right track though, and Sather will have to get creative this off season to get more offense, hoping that in the short term we get our players back healthy and Hank can carry us as far as he can this year.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I don't think this will happen. Nobody would do that.
Yeah Zuk was fine, one of our more effective players in both ends. He needs to stay with us.

They need to find a line mates who complement him.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:03 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well they better be prepared to win alot of overtime games then.
I can't find that post that you quoted so I'll quote this post. The Devils' offense was just shutout twice in a row by the friggin Flyers and Avalanche. Not exactly a St. Louis. They average fewer goals per game than us. Philly's offense in #1, Boston's I believe is #2, and Pittsburgh's is #3. NJ's isn't even top ten. As good of an offense as any in the league.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:03 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I said it this morning in the GDT, this was a test of our team's character. They failed, miserably. How do you not show up for this game? Pathetic.

It is truly shocking to witness how much Hank and Cally mean to this team. as bad as we played, with Hank in net we have a shot in this one. 4th and 5th goals do not happen.

Finally, it's no secret but the Pens commentators are an audio abortion. Biggest homers in the league, biggest whiners in the league, and just generally know nothing about hockey.

03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Eh we'll get 'em next year. Everyone on this board knows this wasn't the push year. We're ahead of schedule.
It probably isn't the year, but we just played a regular season game against a team that's well rested getting their #1 D-man and the best player in the league back. This doom and gloom is ridiculous. Doesn't excuse our poor effort though.

Old
shelaur22

Boyle looked to really be hurting after blocking one of Neal's shots. He looked to be on the bench shaking.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Defense was absolutely brutal tonight.

McDonagh stood out pretty badly. Just terrible and Gaborik on that one goal was just sleeping. Defense has really fallen of a cliff here. Really hoping this is just a bad stretch.
It was soft coverage by Gabs. But Stralman is the one who took himself out of position. Honestly, I am not even sure what he was doing on that play.

Old
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
You mean like we should have cut our losses and moved Gaborik and DelZotto after last season?
I admit I was all for moving MDZ and I would still consider moving him or Staal(especially) for some desperately needed offense. MDZ will never be anything more than an average defensive defenseman and Staal is one of a select few players we have that has any trade value.
As far as Gaborik is concerned, I wouldn't bothering resigning him when his contract runs out unless it's for a discount.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Sayba

This game really shows how Sather failed at the deadline. He didn't add a defenseman and he didn't add any scoring. I'm not talking about Nash, but he needed to add to this team some depth. The 3rd line is brutal and the 2nd and 3rd pairing right side D is clearly lacking.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
It probably isn't the year, but we just played a regular season game against a team that's well rested getting their #1 D-man and the best player in the league back. This doom and gloom is ridiculous. Doesn't excuse our poor effort though.
I think they're the better team, but that was nowhere near our A game. It's much closer than 5-2.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Meh, tough loss but we must look forward to the next game. Michelin line continues to impress.
agreed!

Old
03-15-2012, 09:07 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayba View Post
This game really shows how Sather failed at the deadline. He didn't add a defenseman and he didn't add any scoring. I'm not talking about Nash, but he needed to add to this team some depth. The 3rd line is brutal and the 2nd and 3rd pairing right side D is clearly lacking.
And what scoring was available?

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Tough, tough loss. Hurts. But I take it with a grain of salt with our captain, a top 4 D man and MVP of the league (yeah, I said it) out against a great Pens team.

We aren't sniffing a Cup this year with Boyle, Feds, and Prust playing a regular shift. No scoring ability whatsoever.

0 secondary scoring whatsoever with Cally out.

Brutal games by Bickel and McD.

Bad game, onto the next one. Just get healthy for the playoff run.
I keep reading about this injury excuse. Where was the excuse when we played injured Penguins teams and still lost. The Penguins without Letang and Crosby just won 9 in a row before this one.

Old
Rangerfan4life90

As for Parise, you can beat Sather and Co will be after him. They were willing to absorb a 7.8 cap hit in Nash and offering Zach a 7 mil contract will be no big deal.

Old
Ail
k.

Stepan has been invisible or terrible for too long. He's just making horrible decisions when he has the puck lately.

Dubinsky is finally coming in to his game an overpaid bottom six plug with the ability to posses the puck then do absolutely nothing with it. I really hope they move him in the off-season before his value is nil, and also, before someone makes the MDZ last season comparison, Dubinsky is older and his growing pains are behind him. The guys is what he is, an overpaid, streaky, 3rd liner.

Johnny Malkin continues to either over handle the puck or not convert on scoring chances.

We better hope Kreider is an immediate impact player or the post-season will be a short one. This team is a one-trick pony right now, and even if teams can't stop the GRH line, they can't win every game themselves.

Zucc needs more ice time.

The only good here tonight, or in the future is if this team makes it to the second round, this season is still a huge success.

03-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelaur22 View Post
Boyle looked to really be hurting after blocking one of Neal's shots. He looked to be on the bench shaking.
I said earlier that I was hoping he is injured. Its a crappy thing for me to say(I admit it).

Unfortunately that is the only way we start moving away from the Tort love affair with him. He needs to be removed from his role. If his was playing 4th line minutes I wouldn't have a problem with him. But he is TERRIBLE as a third line defensive center. If Boyle is out, we might see AA being slotted in that role(which he is much better suited for).

Course, AA might be injured as well. So, we might be boned.

Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Torts should be speaking soon.

Dude is going to rip the defense to shreds.

Old
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I admit I was all for moving MDZ and I would still consider moving him or Staal(especially) for some desperately needed offense. MDZ will never be anything more than an average defensive defenseman and Staal is one of a select few players we have that has any trade value.
As far as Gaborik is concerned, I wouldn't bothering resigning him when his contract runs out unless it's for a discount.
Lol, MDZ average?

Old
03-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Exactly!

If anyone really thinks that at the moment, we are a better team than the Penguins, they are either delusional or drinking to much kool aid. I know we were missing some key players, and MAYBE we would have won this game, but can anyone really expect us to win a 7 game series against these guys.

We are on the right track though, and Sather will have to get creative this off season to get more offense, hoping that in the short term we get our players back healthy and Hank can carry us as far as he can this year.
We are in it for the long haul. Right now, I would be very satisfied if we win a round and are competitive in the 2nd round. There are just too many teams out there that have way more talent than we do!

Old
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
As for Parise, you can beat Sather and Co will be after him. They were willing to absorb a 7.8 cap hit in Nash and offering Zach a 7 mil contract will be no big deal.
how much can jersey offer him?

Old
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
I hope we resign Bickel for next season. But he needs to play where he belongs, as a #6.

Old
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayba View Post
There was nothing out there. Paul ****ing Gaustad brought back a first round pick as a rental. Making a deal at the deadline would've required giving up significant young assets. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I hope we resign Bickel for next season. But he needs to play where he belongs, as a #6.
Where he belongs is the AHL, which is where he'll be when our defense is this next year:

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon
Stralman

Old
03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
beastly115

Forgot how awful it is to play against the Refguins. They must have missed 4-5 blatant hooks against us. Whatever.

Closed Thread