HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Radulov splits D vs. Chicago (6 points, 6 games)

Old
03-15-2012, 07:39 PM
PredsFanFromla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Well that's just great. He finally decides to come back and someone goes all Buffalo Bill on him and turns him into luggage. Ten bucks says it was a Detroit fan.

20 bucks says it was jason arnott

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Yeah this is hard to believe since it's only one source saying it...

Last edited by TMI: 03-15-2012 at 08:22 PM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
OT - Did you use ethanol tainted fuel? The EtOH used in fuel-blend gasoline is very hydroscopic (it is anhydrous and unstable and attracts water vapor to stabilize) and if the gas cap is not a vapor/pressure type, it will often make the fuel worthless if the vehicle sits for a while. Either drain it out or use Sta-Bil to bind the water molecules.

Anyway, I'll believe Radu will be back when I see Trotz's neck extend out like ET!! Besides, it looks like he's luggage now and won't require a visa!
I used keystop plain old fuel. The mower is a brand new john deere rider I bought last year and it only has 5.5 hours of runtime on it. I didn't put any Stabil in it over the winter so I'm guessing that's the problem. And the fuel that was in the fuel filter looked really murky, almost like pond water. I'm gonna pick up a new filter in the morning and maybe if I fill the rest of the tank up with fresh fuel (it's only half full now) maybe it'll get the fuel to burn.

On Radulov, hearing that he has been turned into a suitcase further displeases me. Don't mess with the KGB.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:07 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Yeah this is hard to believe since it's only once source saying it...
Yea, nothing on twitter about it either. Probably bs

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
AEM6729

Let me get this straight...Radulov wants to come here, the NHL has cleared it, the KHL has cleared it...but now there's news that his TEAM has to clear it? WTF? I'm so over this.

How was this not reported on from the beginning? What kind of joke league is the KHL (or what kind of joke media is the Russian media) that magical deadlines and problems just pop up out of nowhere that we've never heard of before?

Here on these boards we debated and ironed out what the CBA said about Radulov's situation months ago. It's right there, in writing, for anyone to look up anytime. Does the KHL operate on made-up rules that just get conjured up as they go along? This is BS.

Dude isn't coming. I'm annoyed I got my hopes up, and annoyed that NO media source reported on these deadlines and all this nonsense with the club until now.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Let me get this straight...Radulov wants to come here, the NHL has cleared it, the KHL has cleared it...but now there's news that his TEAM has to clear it? WTF? I'm so over this.

How was this not reported on from the beginning? What kind of joke league is the KHL (or what kind of joke media is the Russian media) that magical deadlines and problems just pop up out of nowhere that we've never heard of before?

Here on these boards we debated and ironed out what the CBA said about Radulov's situation months ago. It's right there, in writing, for anyone to look up anytime. Does the KHL operate on made-up rules that just get conjured up as they go along? This is BS.

Dude isn't coming. I'm annoyed I got my hopes up, and annoyed that NO media source reported on these deadlines and all this nonsense with the club until now.
To be fair, KHL did not make up any rules, it was in there already. Nobody just brought it up. They thought we would go after the season over and Ufa would retain his rights, but as it panned out, Ufa got eliminated early and Rads has the option to come over now...

He is coming. It will be taken care off. It is Russia for Christ Sake, the way will be found...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:49 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
To be fair, KHL did not make up any rules, it was in there already. Nobody just brought it up. They thought we would go after the season over and Ufa would retain his rights, but as it panned out, Ufa got eliminated early and Rads has the option to come over now...

He is coming. It will be taken care off. It is Russia for Christ Sake, the way will be found...
How could nobody bring it up? That is clown shoes!

(Edit: Just realized, clown shoes is probably a weird expression even for Americans, haha. Clown shoes = ridiculously stupid.)

Old
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Yeah, as usual: Radulov left Predators despite having a contract - traitor. Radulov doesn't leave Salavat yet because he has a contract - joke league.
Don't panic, he'll come when they find a way to both terminate his contract and save his KHL rights for Salavat.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 09:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Yeah, as usual: Radulov left Predators despite having a contract - traitor. Radulov doesn't leave Salavat yet because he has a contract - joke league.
Don't panic, he'll come when they find a way to both terminate his contract and save his KHL rights for Salavat.
Most Preds fans aren't going to recognize his contract with Ufa as anything other than a sham, fair or not.

And I agree that it's more likely a compromise will be found than it is Radulov will be forced to stay in Russia against his will (even if he just wants to come back to the NHL to finish off his contract).

Old
03-15-2012, 10:30 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Most Preds fans aren't going to recognize his contract with Ufa as anything other than a sham, fair or not.

And I agree that it's more likely a compromise will be found than it is Radulov will be forced to stay in Russia against his will (even if he just wants to come back to the NHL to finish off his contract).
It's not even about the contract. It's about the fact that everyone in the hockey media has been buzzing about Radulov's possible return for the past few weeks, and TODAY is the first time we hear of these KHL team rules about the deadline for a team releasing a player and the penalties for a player leaving his team and how those apply to this situation? WTF? If I had known about all that crap a few weeks ago I never would've gotten so optimistic about him coming back. That's what I'm mad about.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
WartracePred

I lay this one square on the shoulders of Radulov's agents. Especially the Russian agent. He should have known about this once Rads told him he wanted to go back the NHL

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:41 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

We neeeed youuuu

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:33 AM
predwings

The team wants to make sure he doesn't jump ship and leave. They'd rather spend all the time they can trying to make a contract he will take. The issue is not Radulov or his agent anymore...it's the team. It's the same as Suter this summer...we're going to exhaust every option to keep him instead of letting him leave. Once he's got a foot out the door...it's much easier to leave. If you can keep them around longer...maybe they change their mind. Either way, the team is the one at fault, they are quite literally "holding him hostage" so they have a chance to sign him. Though you have to admit we'd do the same if it were Nashville on the other end.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:45 AM
tserberis*

6pm in Moscow. No news.
I assume nothing positive for today.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:54 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Though you have to admit we'd do the same if it were Nashville on the other end.
I can't necessarily blame them.

But here's what I don't get:

NHL said it's OK. KHL said it's OK. Rads says it's OK. Trotz says it's OK Poile says it's OK. NHLPA said it's OK. Agents said it was OK. Medvedev says it's OK.

Someone, somehow, forgot to ask Ufa if it was OK? Really?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:00 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post

NHL said it's OK. KHL said it's OK. Rads says it's OK. Trotz says it's OK Poile says it's OK. NHLPA said it's OK. Agents said it was OK. Medvedev says it's OK.

I agree...and along those same lines, if he's still under contract for another year with Ufa, is it really that hard to guarantee his rights if he returns to the KHL? Just sign the doc and move on!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post

Yeah.. so dumb lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I agree...and along those same lines, if he's still under contract for another year with Ufa, is it really that hard to guarantee his rights if he returns to the KHL? Just sign the doc and move on!
That'd be nice.

Last edited by TMI: 03-16-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: offensive
Snipeshow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...63522164871168

https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...63522164871168

https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...64046134116352

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Predsboro

Per Dmitry Chesnokov:

Quote:
Radulov's Russian agent tells @plysenkov he is "not expecting any news today or even tomorrow."Salavat wants Radulov to buy out his contract
Quote:
If Radulov buys himself out, Salavat will somehow still keep his rights, apparently. So it's still at a standstill. #Preds
Quote:
Radulov would have to pay 2/3 of his contract, whatever remains, to join Nashville now.Otherwise he'll have to wait until the summer. #Preds

Last edited by Predsboro: 03-16-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: added a couple more @dchesnokov tweets
Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:40 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

This doesn't look like it's going to get resolved in time.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
This doesn't look like it's going to get resolved in time.
I'd say #RadsWATCH is cancelled ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:47 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Hey, thanks, Ufa! That's twice you screwed us. I hope your team folds

Old
03-16-2012, 09:59 AM
tserberis*

As I said before...

Old
03-16-2012, 10:06 AM
deanwormer

You know, if Med really wanted to let him leave he could simply say that the league realizes it was wrong from Rads to leave while still under contract, he has expressed his wishes to "right that wrong" and since UFA is done this year we're letting him do that. UFA keeps his rights. simple.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:15 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Per Dmitry Chesnokov:
Here is some clear in the topic.

If Rads terminate contract and buy his contract out (2/3 of what remains on it) he is still Ufa' s property till the date, contract was set to expire originally.

He also can terminate contract and refuse to pay, then he becomes "conflict" player, and Ufa will hold his rights for unlimited period of time, if he at some point decide to go back to KHL, he will have to fulfill his contact, basically play it out in full.

If Rads