HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2011-2012

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
14ari13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'm worried we're going to see him get knocked out again, too. If he stays healthy, though, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go through him and Malkin for seven games.

They've picked up their scoring a bit over the past month, too. They're a young team with a lot of confidence right now.
Crosby and Malkin are better now than back in '09. If healthy, they are the team to beat, not the Bruins.
In the West, I would like the Wings to finish 2nd/3rd so that the Wings go under the radar. I think the Canucks, Sharks and Hawks are teams to beat, they have all had more success than the Wings in the playoffs lately. Obviously the Sharks and the Hawks struggle, while the Blues are doing great. I doubt though anyone takes the Blues seriously for now.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
BlessThisMess513

Rangers fan coming in peace.
Hey guys! I just wanted to know what happens here when the Wings go on a losing streak, or are playing sloppy enough to raise some concerns, although seeing as how you guys are the model of consistency that doesn't happen often. As you guys have seen the Rangers aren't exactly playing their best hockey, and as a result 3/4 of our board is in a full blown panic mode. Are the same extreme things said on here as well? I'm fairly new here and all, so just trying to see if this is common in other teams fans.
Thanks!!

Old
03-10-2012, 08:53 PM
TimDJ84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Crosby and Malkin are better now than back in '09. If healthy, they are the team to beat, not the Bruins.
In the West, I would like the Wings to finish 2nd/3rd so that the Wings go under the radar. I think the Canucks, Sharks and Hawks are teams to beat, they have all had more success than the Wings in the playoffs lately. Obviously the Sharks and the Hawks struggle, while the Blues are doing great. I doubt though anyone takes the Blues seriously for now.
If the Blues are being underestimated with the best record in hockey then that's a problem.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
Hey guys! I just wanted to know what happens here when the Wings go on a losing streak, or are playing sloppy enough to raise some concerns, although seeing as how you guys are the model of consistency that doesn't happen often. As you guys have seen the Rangers aren't exactly playing their best hockey, and as a result 3/4 of our board is in a full blown panic mode. Are the same extreme things said on here as well? I'm fairly new here and all, so just trying to see if this is common in other teams fans.
Thanks!!
it's worse here. we gotta have some of the most pessimistic posters on this site

Old
03-11-2012, 01:28 AM
TheAngryHank
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
Thanks!!
Now is a perfect time to slump , Detroit goes through this in March it seems , I remember cause it's around by birthday and it seems they slump more often than not. Well better to slump now then in April , in the immortal words of Mark Crawford " playoff slumps don't last long "
Torts could be taking his foot off the gas and giving some others more ice time resting up his key players. I believe you want to start rolling about 5 games going in to the playoffs. Dropping games now is OK as I don't worry about seeding as long as my favorite team goes in the post-season rested and healthy. To be honest with you I hope both our teams meet for a series this season , it is my dream match-up.
Torts knows what he is doing and will have his guys ready to roll soon.
Best of luck.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:40 AM
TheAngryHank
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
It amazes me how much that team is overachieving this year. One coaching change and all of a sudden they are the favorites to come out of the west.
I disagree , how often do you see a team get its head above water and make the playoffs and go deep? Teams that have been down with no experience don't seem to go far. As good and tough as they look the playoffs are a learned experience. Hitch knows his way around but this will all be new to the players in the Lou. Next season and and beyond look out , they will be a solid force in the west.
That said I'M not so sure I would like to meet with them in May,they have been impressive in a western conference that seems to have lost its way.It's my poinion for the first time in a long time the east is finally stronger over-all.

Old
03-11-2012, 05:17 AM
14ari13

Many teams are slumping in the West. There are very few teams winning in the West. What's up?
I do not think we can catch up the Blues. I think we have to focus on winning the 4th.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:45 AM
14ari13

3 out of 4 games last night were 3 point games.

Old
03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I don't know if it will come to that, but in my opinion the Blues could probably not draw much worse round one matchups than LA. They don't give up a lot of goals either and are just as massive down the middle. I know Nashville wasn't a very good matchup for them either, but it looks like they are getting the one. Hope they draw LA in the 1st round.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Kuznetsov confirmed he is staying in Russia, be curious to see what kind of deal he signs. My opinion is it will be for more than this year in order to keep him in Russia through the Olympics.

I seriously wonder if he ever comes over. If somebody offered him the big long-term contract something that isn't done really in Europe. But still a big bidding war is expected on him so maybe a 5 year 50 million contract isn't out of the question over there. He doesn't fit the foreign player designation so this could get very interesting.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I don't know if it will come to that, but in my opinion the Blues could probably not draw much worse round one matchups than LA. They don't give up a lot of goals either and are just as massive down the middle. I know Nashville wasn't a very good matchup for them either, but it looks like they are getting the one. Hope they draw LA in the 1st round.
Or the Sharks.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Or the Sharks.
Well the Sharks are a good matchup for the Blues, not only this season, but if I remember correctly they have the best winning percentage of any Western conference team in San Jose at the Tank since the Sharks joined the NHL. Niemi would also have to be much better to help keep the contest low scoring. Quick from LA represents one of the few goalies that I think can outplay the Blues and keep winning 2-1 and 1-0 of their potential first round opponents.

Old
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Henkka

Andy McDonald injured his shoulder against Carolina at 2nd period. Looked pretty bad. Some negative news for the Blues.

And they will lose to the Hurricanes.

Last edited by Henkka: 03-15-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old
03-15-2012, 10:20 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Andy McDonald injured his shoulder against Carolina at 2nd period. Looked pretty bad. Some negative news for the Blues.

Nashville up on San Jose right now.

The one time I want the Sharks to win...

Old
03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

That would be a big loss, I think he is the most important player on that team. I know they have played well without them, but he is a Stanley Cup winner and he is by far their most productive guy on the power play and they are going to need that in the post-season.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I have no faith in the Sharks beating the Preds tonight so 5th place here we come.

I really hope that if they do lose tonight, they dont make the playoffs.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:26 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I have no faith in the Sharks beating the Preds tonight so 5th place here we come.

I really hope that if they do lose tonight, they dont make the playoffs.
Sadly this is probably true and worse yet I think they will beat us on Saturday. That I do have faith in them pulling off

Should be pointed out as usual Preds are on the wrong end of the chances and the flow of the game, but still lead where it counts.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:00 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

A first round pick for Gaustad looks like it might be even worse now. He left the game against San Jose tonight and looked like it could be a very serious injury. Shoulder or wrist, but looks like at least a couple of weeks if not in the month diagnoses. Hopefull Dr. Mindfly can tell us, but my guess is this one is going to be bad.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
A first round pick for Gaustad looks like it might be even worse now. He left the game against San Jose tonight and looked like it could be a very serious injury. Shoulder or wrist, but looks like at least a couple of weeks if not in the month diagnoses. Hopefull Dr. Mindfly can tell us, but my guess is this one is going to be bad.
They speculate with wrist injury.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:23 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
They speculate with wrist injury.
It did look like a wrist honestly wouldn't surprise me if he hurt his shoulder as well. Just did not break his fall well at all.

Joe Thornton played like he wants to will his team into the playoffs tonight. I know he isn't popular around here and I am not a big fan of the guy, but a spectacular effort out of the Sharks captain tonight, he isn't going down without a fight.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:26 AM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Sharks win.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:20 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Sharks win.
Preds get the loser point, which puts us in a tighter situation than we would have hoped.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Old
03-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post

Aside from Boston, NYR, Pittsburgh, and maybe Philadelphia, the East is garbage.

Old
03-16-2012, 11:29 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Aside from Boston, NYR, Pittsburgh, and maybe Philadelphia, the East is garbage.
Playing like total garbage right now. Honestly in the East I think the only real teams are NYR and Pitt. Philly and Boston look like pretenders to me, and who could take anyone from the SE seriously? Anything is possible come April but I think Pitt is going to the ship. Hopefully the Wings want it bad enough to settle the score in a best of three.

Closed Thread