HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barret Jackman

Old
03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Barret Jackman

Outsider here,

just curious to see what St. Louis does with Barret Jackman. IIRC he had a solid rookie season with the Blues then his performance took a bit of a nose-dive. He's back to playing top minutes with the Blues' organization and I'm kinda curious to see if y'all would retain him next season. I think a steady, mean, veteran defenseman is in the cards for the Maple Leafs this off-season and I'm holding out hope that Jackman is that guy.

What do you guys think, will he re-sign with St. Louis or test FA? What do y'all think he's approximately worth (against the cap)?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

After having roughed it through all the bad years, I do not see a reason why Jackman would leave now. He's not getting paid pittance, his family is comfortable here, he's not getting nearly as much (undeserved) flack as he has in previous years, and I'm sure his goal in his career is to win a cup (and it seems like the blues are primed to be contenders for many years). Only way he'd leave is for money, and he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Outsider here,

just curious to see what St. Louis does with Barret Jackman. IIRC he had a solid rookie season with the Blues then his performance took a bit of a nose-dive. He's back to playing top minutes with the Blues' organization and I'm kinda curious to see if y'all would retain him next season. I think a steady, mean, veteran defenseman is in the cards for the Maple Leafs next season and I'm holding out hope that Jackman is that guy.

What do you guys think, will he re-sign with St. Louis or test FA? What do y'all think he's approximately worth (against the cap)?
I would be very surprised if he signs somewhere other than with the Blues.

I would guess he'll get a contract in the $4 million range, give or take a bit. I think he's a value at anything less than that, and doesn't provide the offense to earn much more.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

I can understand why you want him, I'd love another of him!

I can see him being the first career Blue in a quite some time. It is a testament to his drive that he even has a career with all the rule changes since he came into the league.

I also think that how the organization treats Jackman will go a long way to setting the tone for the younger players when it comes time for contracts.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Yeah, the guy is as much of a Blues lifer as they've had since Brian Sutter, really. Who was waiting in the hotel lobby to greet Jaden Schwartz yesterday? Hitchcock and Jackman. Getting #3 minutes and perhaps by the end of his next contract down to #4 minutes is perfect for him. He's in a perfect role right now, I just don't see him leaving. If it happens, it happens. The Blues would replace him with Ian Cole as he's ready to step into that spot, and they'd spend Jackman's money on another free agent/someone in trade, but I think the chances of Jackman leaving are under 5%.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
IMO, he performance never took a nosedive. I hope he is a lifer. Whatever it takes to sign him, I'll be ok with it.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
IMO, he performance never took a nosedive. I hope he is a lifer. Whatever it takes to sign him, I'll be ok with it.
This; saying that he didn't progress as much as some had hoped is probably a more accurate assessment.

It isn't a situation where we have plenty of talent in his position, and he and his family are happy in St. Louis. As everyone else has said, he'll sign a new deal when the time is right for everyone to get the deal done.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
I would be very disappointed and saddened if he left.

I think he'd get in the neighborhood of 4 million

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

IMO, Jackman should be our captain, i love backes, but has a way of taking dumb penalties i dont think captains should take, whether its his strength or over zealousness he takes them

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:03 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjumpinblues View Post
IMO, Jackman should be our captain, i love backes, but has a way of taking dumb penalties i dont think captains should take, whether its his strength or over zealousness he takes them
Ehh, while I personally would have rather seen Jackman than Backes as captain, I think that not very good reasoning since Jackman takes his fair share of boneheaded penalties.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Ehh, while I personally would have rather seen Jackman than Backes as captain, I think that not very good reasoning since Jackman takes his fair share of boneheaded penalties.
yea, he makes his share, fewer this year though, but i feel he brings an attitude on the blue line very few on the blueline do

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:47 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjumpinblues View Post
yea, he makes his share, fewer this year though, but i feel he brings an attitude on the blue line very few on the blueline do
I completely agree. And you'll notice it was Jackman that met Schwartz at the hotel with Hitchcock, not Backes. I love me some Jackman, don't get me wrong.

But if we're gonna be stripping Backes of the captaincy for taking stupid penalties, Jackman probably isn't first in line for it with those criteria. And Crombeen is at the back of the line.