HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CJHL part three. 2011-2012

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Snorlax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Lol,I'm saying it was not a very intense game,450 people there was the smallest crowd of the year.Just didn't have a playoff atmosphere to it and the shots on goal don't tell the whole story.I would hope the Braves intensity heats up or this series will be over in a hurry. I say Braves win series in 6.
Now that Milley seems to really be back, and Dupuis still being Dupuis, yeah good luck with that. Braves will be very fortunate to come out of this series. Doesn't matter much anyways, because Cornwall will hand it to both of these teams unfortunately. I'd go with Kings in 6, as well as Raiders in 4, Colts in 6, Hawks in 7.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsCzar24 View Post
Let's also not forget their first protect Andrew Abou-Assaly will likely stick in the OHL next year unless he decides to do what Jammes did and wait a year. Regardless, they should have got something back for McMurtry at the deadline because they are struggling to find a young core that stays there long-term.
Is anybody at the OHL Cup this week. What is going on with Abou-Assaly ? The box scores look impressive to say the least. This should move him in a positive direction at the draft.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
67sfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
Is anybody at the OHL Cup this week. What is going on with Abou-Assaly ? The box scores look impressive to say the least. This should move him in a positive direction at the draft.
On the OHL board there's a thread about the OHL cup that seems pretty active this week

Old
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
JuniorHockeyFan

CJHL Tonight

Any predictions for tonight's play-off games in the CJHL? Any thoughts on line-up changes, scratches, etc. for Brockville and CP after their losses on Tuesday?

Old
03-15-2012, 01:40 PM
RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorHockeyFan View Post
Any predictions for tonight's play-off games in the CJHL? Any thoughts on line-up changes, scratches, etc. for Brockville and CP after their losses on Tuesday?
Minor tweaks in CP. Overtime win in rough and tough game against Hawks.
Pembroke getting better will win tonight and will win series earlier then most people think.
Ottawa will put up a gallant effort but come up short.

Last edited by RTR: 03-15-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old
03-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Jrfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettrdone View Post
Anyone at the CP vs Hawks game? What happened to CP?
Give Hawks credit. They were able to get their sticks on the puck all night. Definitely the better team. CP wasn't aggressive on the forecheck and couldn't connect on passes.

As expected it was a rough, if not violent game. Not in terms of hitting, but there were a couple of none calls on hits from behind, and the gloves and elbows were up all night. Both teams will be lucky to escape this series without injury.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Jrfever

Quote:
Just a guess, but maybe JC goes back to his usual lines. In the last game they were completely different than anything I'd seen before.

Perhaps Kasteel dresses. They need to find some scoring.

Expect the rough play to continue and even escalate until the refs start enforcing the rules - keep it safe.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:28 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrfever View Post
Just a guess, but maybe JC goes back to his usual lines. In the last game they were completely different than anything I'd seen before.

Perhaps Kasteel dresses. They need to find some scoring.

Expect the rough play to continue and even escalate until the refs start enforcing the rules - keep it safe.
Who starts in net? Yetman or Barrick?

Old
03-15-2012, 07:18 PM
gusfring

How ironic is it that a CP fan is complaining about non calls on hits from behind?

Old
03-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Jrfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
How ironic is it that a CP fan is complaining about non calls on hits from behind?
Is this comment necessary?

I am not sure what you are referring to in making this attack on my post.

I was merely siting a concern about the safety of players.

I never cited one team as being the aggressor.

Old
03-15-2012, 07:52 PM
gusfring

Quote:

Safety of the players? Ok I got it...

Old
03-15-2012, 07:52 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:

Just nittany doing what he does best..... bashing CP.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
67sfan

Good hard hitting game tonight in Pembroke. Game itself was pretty exciting and back and forth until Brockville inexplicably imploded in the 3rd.

If Brockville doesn't pick up their game this series won't go past Sunday.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
JuniorHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Who starts in net? Yetman or Barrick?
Barrick got the start but that didn't change things around for CP. Can't blame him, 3 power play goals. CP's scorers are non-existent which isn't going to win them any games in this series. They are definitely a better team than they are playing. I wonder if JC is rethinking his decision to lose against Kemptville last Friday?

Old
03-15-2012, 11:53 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Barrick got the start but that didn't change things around for CP. Can't blame him, 3 power play goals. CP's scorers are non-existent which isn't going to win them any games in this series. They are definitely a better team than they are playing. I wonder if JC is rethinking his decision to lose against Kemptville last Friday?
Probably not....because if they were playing Pembroke it would be even uglier from what i have watched so far.......CP looks just awful

Old
03-16-2012, 12:23 AM
gusfring

Yeah, I've the heard that the playoffs are different from the regular season.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Snorlax

Was anyone at the Cornwall/Ottawa game? What happened at the end? See that Gendron got a checking from behind right at the end of the game, and 3 more penalties in the last 2 and a half minutes..

Also worth passing on congratulations to PLK alum and former CJHL MVP Ryan Lasch, who currently is leading the Finnish Elite League in scoring.

And to anyone who did think CP tanked to avoid Pembroke, doesn't really look like it did them much good hahaha, wow, is all I can say. Good job on part of the Hawks and Kings so far, looking very impressive. As are the Colts and Raiders, but that's to be expected.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:16 AM
eddyshack

[QUOTE=Snorlax;46169361]Was anyone at the Cornwall/Ottawa game? What happened at the end? See that Gendron got a checking from behind right at the end of the game, and 3 more penalties in the last 2 and a half minutes..

Also worth passing on congratulations to PLK alum and former CJHL MVP Ryan Lasch, who currently is leading the Finnish Elite League in scoring.

And to anyone who did think CP tanked to avoid Pembroke, doesn't really look like it did them much good hahaha, wow, is all I can say. Good job on part of the Hawks and Kings so far, looking very impressive. As are the Colts and Raiders, but that's to be expected.[/QUOTE

If in fact CPC tanked games to avoid Pembroke, the hockey gods will have the last laugh.

The Colts were tentative for the first 22 minutes and then they decided to play.

And then it was a no contest.

The Ottawa Jr. Sens are a wonderful team just not in the Colts league. Colts in 4.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Jrfever

Good Federal League tilt last night in the House of Pain (actual sign above the Hawkes bench with Pain in red to simulate blood - well done Hawkes).

Check out the highlight package:http://youtu.be/wLGJnoGlzxw

Old
03-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Good Federal League tilt last night in the House of Pain (actual sign above the Hawkes bench with Pain in red to simulate blood - well done Hawkes).

Check out the highlight package:http://youtu.be/wLGJnoGlzxw

Lots of hate on Boards here today. Must be playoffs I guess.

This video makes you stop and think. I never like to see an attack leaving a player unconsious on ANY teams player. Three blows with the stick to the head and all from behind, including a third time while on his knees and while defenseless, very ugly. Cowardly play I would say and not good for our league.

Pointstreak notes 17 mins in penalties. Unsure who the victim was.

CP is down 2-0 and I see why. NOT promoting violence but everyone is standing around in this video? If roles were reversed does one think the Hawks would have reacted the same? Thus they will win this serious four straight.

More importantly lets hope this teenage boy is ok.

Go RAIDERS Go!!

Old
03-16-2012, 12:02 PM
67sfan

That was sickening and the Hawksbury player should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Further, if I was CPC's coach the other 4 on the ice would be benched indefinitely. I don't advocate fighting and violence.....but to just stand there and watch? All 4 players on the ice for CPC should have been bum rushing him....the fact that they didn't makes me question them as teammates.

Completely unacceptable by both teams.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:57 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67sfan View Post
That was sickening and the Hawksbury player should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Further, if I was CPC's coach the other 4 on the ice would be benched indefinitely. I don't advocate fighting and violence.....but to just stand there and watch? All 4 players on the ice for CPC should have been bum rushing him....the fact that they didn't makes me question them as teammates.

Completely unacceptable by both teams.
Holy crap that's unreal. What a complete POS, 3 shots to the back of the head. Like you said, where were his team mates. I hope somebody tunes him up next game.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:52 PM
overtheboards

we shouldnt be surprised that the hawks are playing like that . their last game against plk , they kept running dupuis . they have a line of meltzer perry and costello and all they're doing is running around and meltzer keeps yelling that he will kill players on CP . he yells @ the refs all game long and nothing is done and they're playing QUEBEC SENIOR LEAGUE hockey . guess thats the only thing they can do right when have a bunch of players that will end up playing mens league hockey after they're done in this league .

Old
03-16-2012, 03:27 PM
gusfring

Why hasn't anyone on CP confronted Meltzer?

Kind of surprising.

Old
03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
hockeynut12

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
we shouldnt be surprised that the hawks are playing like that . their last game against plk , they kept running dupuis . they have a line of meltzer perry and costello and all they're doing is running around and meltzer keeps yelling that he will kill players on CP . he yells @ the refs all game long and nothing is done and they're playing QUEBEC SENIOR LEAGUE hockey . guess thats the only thing they can do right when have a bunch of players that will end up playing mens league hockey after they're done in this league .
Somebody is not a huge fan of the Hawkesbury Hawks!

Closed Thread