HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#71 | Philadelphia Flyers vs. New York Islanders | Mar 15 | L 2-3

Old
03-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Ziggy16

vCash: 500

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...060930029.html

Ziggy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:47 AM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
At this point the best possible outcome is to lose as much of the rest of the season as possible. Yet again. Nothing ever changes.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:48 AM
Bauer Warrior*

I just don't have it in me to rip Capuano. He's been in over his head, and I really think he does the best he can, but he's inexperienced, and it shows. But with that said, I can't hold it against him.

Do I want him back next season? No, but I shudder to think who his replacement could be. It could be Brent Thompson, which might not be bad, he seems to have an edge to him. But I feel very comfortable saying that the Islanders will not hire an established NHL coach.

As for Capuano, he seems like a good guy. That doesn't make him a good coach, necessarily, but he seems like a decent man. It kind of bothers me that some fans dig at him for his weight. It has nothing to do with how he coaches the team. I don't really like how he coaches the team, either, but there's no reason to get personal about it. There's no reason to believe that he's not doing his best. He didn't take this job to fail. He took this job because it was given to him. He's not confrontational, he seems like he wants to be liked at doesn't want to upset anyone, but these are some traits that a good head coach needs. I think he could be a good assistant coach, kind of like Craig Patrick, the good cop, if you will, while the head coach is being the *****. I'm not going to tell anyone to stop doing this or stop doing that, but think about whether or not the fact that he's not a good head coach makes him a bad person.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:58 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
At this point the best possible outcome is to lose as much of the rest of the season as possible. Yet again. Nothing ever changes.
I disagree, actually. Winning every game and losing every game will end in the same result. Picking higher in the draft doesn't always mean picking the better player. We pick where we pick, so we might as well win... or lose. Neither is really any better or worse than the other, and that's bad. This team's problem runs deeper than any draft pick can solve.

Old
03-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
I just don't have it in me to rip Capuano. He's been in over his head, and I really think he does the best he can, but he's inexperienced, and it shows. But with that said, I can't hold it against him.

Do I want him back next season? No, but I shudder to think who his replacement could be. It could be Brent Thompson, which might not be bad, he seems to have an edge to him. But I feel very comfortable saying that the Islanders will not hire an established NHL coach.

As for Capuano, he seems like a good guy. That doesn't make him a good coach, necessarily, but he seems like a decent man. It kind of bothers me that some fans dig at him for his weight. It has nothing to do with how he coaches the team. I don't really like how he coaches the team, either, but there's no reason to get personal about it. There's no reason to believe that he's not doing his best. He didn't take this job to fail. He took this job because it was given to him. He's not confrontational, he seems like he wants to be liked at doesn't want to upset anyone, but these are some traits that a good head coach needs. I think he could be a good assistant coach, kind of like Craig Patrick, the good cop, if you will, while the head coach is being the *****. I'm not going to tell anyone to stop doing this or stop doing that, but think about whether or not the fact that he's not a good head coach makes him a bad person.
Wait a second, we can't say "*****"? What about if I ***** my finger? What's with the censorship, eh?

Old
03-16-2012, 03:13 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
That's an indictment on how cushy the players feel with their coach or how inept the feel he is.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
At least that's the fans' consolation prize for now having to watch other teams play playoff hockey...

The sad thing is - these boys don't have to 'play' to lose. They simply hardly have any emphasis on that outcome.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote