HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
With the misery and the constant garbage unjustifiably flowing from north of the border toward Florida, I believe that Panthers fans should be lauded rather than criticized. Even if, and I emphasize, even if, it involves chucking a plastic rat.

I can be as territorial as anyone else, but I'd buy the man a beer before I'd say anything negative about him and his plastic pet rat.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Sorry I wasn't more clear, this is not the way to get somebody to sell you a ticket! Panther fans chuck plastic rats after every win, home or away. We even personalize them, and usually get some screen time from the Florida feed. In-game antics were eliminated shortly after that infamous playoff run in 96. So, in this sense I needed a as I seemed to be implying I'd actually get the opportunity to toss one.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Sorry I wasn't more clear, this is not the way to get somebody to sell you a ticket! Panther fans chuck plastic rats after every win, home or away. We even personalize them, and usually get some screen time from the Florida feed. In-game antics were eliminated shortly after that infamous playoff run in 96. So, in this sense I needed a as I seemed to be implying I'd actually get the opportunity to toss one.
Not a fan of throwing things on the ice at any time, hat tricks being the exceptions, but after a win seems less offensive. Thanks for clarifying. I, too, hope you have no reason to.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Bobcat110

I have two available for tomorrow night versus Kings. Front Row upper bowl in Section 205. Better view that most lower bowl seats. Asking $20 each (Face value $50/each)

Old
03-08-2012, 01:16 PM
mossylog
Go jackets

i ordered cbj fan protest shirts from traxler tees and set up as a pick up. now i'm not sure if im going to make it to cbus until sunday for the game against the blues. if i call them and set it up can somebody pick up those shirts and i'll get them on sunday at the cbj FANS table or something like that? thanks for anybody that can help me out. want to represent the neon

Old
03-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Skraut

need a weekend getaway from Cleveland. Anything interesting happening in Columbus this weekend?

(besides of course the CBJTweetupDrinkup at BW3 in grandview Saturday night)

Old
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
GeorgesLaRAWK

Anybody want 2 good seats for tonight?

Sec. 101, row T. Face value is $85 but I'll take a much smaller offer.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:11 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossylog View Post
i ordered cbj fan protest shirts from traxler tees and set up as a pick up. now i'm not sure if im going to make it to cbus until sunday for the game against the blues. if i call them and set it up can somebody pick up those shirts and i'll get them on sunday at the cbj FANS table or something like that? thanks for anybody that can help me out. want to represent the neon
Sorry, mossylog, I didn't see your post until today. Were you able to work it out and get the shirt today? Feel free to contact me via PM and I will do what I can for you.

Old
03-12-2012, 07:24 AM
mossylog
Go jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Sorry, mossylog, I didn't see your post until today. Were you able to work it out and get the shirt today? Feel free to contact me via PM and I will do what I can for you.
i did make it up to cbus to pick up shirts on friday. but didnt get to the game on sunday. business is picking up early this year due to warmer weather. we are going to visit my brother in denver for the game in april and will wear the neon for the game. will send in pics!! thanks anyway.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Looking for 4 lower bowl seats (all together) for Tuesday's game against Chicago.

Edit: Found some. Thanks.

Last edited by Zoo16: 03-20-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
BJFan1

(Non hockey) but I know someone who is looking to move 2 tickets for the NCAA games this weekend since they can no longer go. PM me if interested.

Old
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
whalerjacket
It never happened.

Looking for 3-4 tickets to the game on Friday, the 23rd or Friday, the 30th. Cheap. Might go the Stub Hub route if I can work up the courage to try it.

Last edited by whalerjacket: 03-13-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old
03-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalerjacket View Post
Looking for 3-4 tickets to the game on Friday, the 23rd. Cheap. Might go the Stub Hub route if I can work up the courage to try it.
No courage required. I've bought extra tickets to games through StubHub without any problems.

Old
03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
whalerjacket
It never happened.

Thanks Derby. I was just checking it out. Looks pretty simple. More so than I thought. I keep hearing that if you wait until game day, some of the prices will go down. Is that true?

Old
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalerjacket View Post
Thanks Derby. I was just checking it out. Looks pretty simple. More so than I thought. I keep hearing that if you wait until game day, some of the prices will go down. Is that true?
Yes, but it's a bit of a gamble to play the waiting game if you have a preference of where you want to sit. I've gotten fantastic deals two hours before puck drops, but not a great variety of seats left at that time.

If you aren't choosy about where you sit, waiting makes sense.

Old
03-13-2012, 07:56 PM
whalerjacket
It never happened.

Thanks again Derby. I only get to attend one or two games a year in person and I never know which is the best way to go about getting tickets. So many options: Craig's List, scalpers, Tim Horton's promo, Stub Hub, HFboards, etc. Very overwhelming to me. I greatly appreciate the info!

Old
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Looking for a season ticket partner for half the season next year. We have 2 seats in section 204 (attack twice end). Row A. This is in front of the handicap section so there is no one in front of you to block your view and no one behind you to dump beer down your back. These seats are great! Kind of like a mini loge! Face on these is $50. STH price is $36 but drops to about $34 if renewed by April 7. Would like to sell half the season but will consider 10-15 game plans. If interested PM me ASAP!

Old
03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
postalpez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Looking for a season ticket partner for half the season next year. We have 2 seats in section 204 (attack twice end). Row A. This is in front of the handicap section so there is no one in front of you to block your view and no one behind you to dump beer down your back. These seats are great! Kind of like a mini loge! Face on these is $50. STH price is $36 but drops to about $34 if renewed by April 7. Would like to sell half the season but will consider 10-15 game plans. If interested PM me ASAP!
you left out the best part, 204 has a mens room.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalpez View Post
you left out the best part, 204 has a mens room.
Actually the aisle we use 204/205 has both!

Old
03-15-2012, 08:59 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Actually the aisle we use 204/205 has both!
Unisex bathrooms? ROWR!!

Old
03-16-2012, 08:09 AM
BJFan1

(non hockey) but I have 2 tickets to both NCAA sessions today. Face value is $75. Couldn't get off work, so just trying to make some of my $ lost back.

Section 213, Row E

Session 1 @ 12:00 - $50/each, $100 for pair

Session 2 @ 6:00 - $75/each, $150 for pair

Shoot me message with any interest!!! I can meet you or can be picked up in Gahanna.

Thanks!

Old
03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Unisex bathrooms? ROWR!!
Um. Going potty is reason for ROWR?

Old
03-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Unisex bathrooms? ROWR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Um. Going potty is reason for ROWR?
When I started college, my dorm had a convenience store on the first floor. Nothing too special, mostly snacks, stuff to drink, a magazine rack, and basic supplies.

One time I was in there and a female friend of mine was getting a few items, including a couple of magazines. She was cute but not hot, but had a terrific body. This is important to the story.

So we chatted for a couple of minutes, and I noticed that this guy was hovering and kept staring at her chest. He also had a popped collar (right at the beginning of that becoming a trend), to give an indication of what type of individual we're talking about. When we were done talking, he decided to jump in. His opening line was (in a pseudo-pickup type of inflection), "So, getting magazines? What are you doing with those?" She leaned in close to him, and ever so alluringly breathed heavily while saying, "I like to read while I take a ****."

Needless to say, there was no further attempt to pick her up.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Needless to say, there was no further attempt to pick her up.
Funny story. Me being me, I would have responded with "Me too!" and continued on with the pickup attempt just to mess around with her.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Funny story. Me being me, I would have responded with "Me too!" and continued on with the pickup attempt just to mess around with her.
It's funny because a couple years ago, I found an old comedy album and gave it a listen. I don't remember who it was, but he was talking about how men trying to pick up a woman are completely oblivious to everything. The guy can start off with something, she'll respond with, "Peanut butter makes me gassy", and he'll go "Well, pull up a chair!" He'll then look at his friends and go, "Back off, I've got this one."

Closed Thread