HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville @ San Jose 9:30 - 4th Spot in the Crosshairs

Old
03-16-2012, 10:49 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
Sorry, I didn't know where else to post this, but does anyone know when the voting starts for all the year-end awards like the Vezina and Norris? I thought it was near the end of the regular season but wasn't sure exactly when it began. Thanks.
Awards aren't handed out until after the play offs, so voting doesn't begin until the regular season ends.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:54 AM
VFL615*

Great players make plays when it counts. Legwand? / Suter?
Great game Peks you stepped up tonight after a few questionable games.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:16 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I just want to make sure I have this right....

We hold a pretty darn good offensive team to a single goal over 65 minutes, and we want to ***** about A defenseman and a defensive oriented center? I think I would be more pissed at the fisher line, wilson, and the guys with offensive talent more than I would be at a bad play. You aren't gonna win many games scoring 1 goal.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:17 AM
WartracePred

Looked like a broken wrist the way he was holding it on the bench. How long does it take to heal a broken wrist - best and worst case scenario? Hairline fracture, 3-4 weeks?? Clean break, 4-6 weeks??

I suppose this helps with spreading out playing time. Makes room for another player to keep sharp heading into the playoffs, which start in about 4 weeks.

If broken, probably means we'll see more of Smith centering a line. Spals fills Gooses role till he's healed.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

We hold a pretty darn good offensive team to a single goal over 65 minutes, and we want to ***** about A defenseman and a defensive oriented center? I think I would be more pissed at the fisher line, wilson, and the guys with offensive talent more than I would be at a bad play. You aren't gonna win many games scoring 1 goal.
Haters gotta hate.

I try not to dwell on the breakdowns. Every game players screw up. Sometimes it's Frankie, Hillen, Leggy which are easy targets. Sometimes it's Weber, Suter, or Pekka.

Better for my peace of mind to focus on the positives. We got a point from a solid, desperate team in a loud, hostile arena.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:33 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Some Sharks fan posted a video of the "trip" on Rinne. The video is titled "Rinne dives" or something like that. To me, it looks like he just slips backwards. The bigger issue is Havlat using the push he received as an excuse to crosscheck Rinne. I'm glad he got jumped for it. At least there's that
Dives? I hope that's a joke. Surely it has to be. Havlat definitely tripped him.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:18 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Let's hope the Sharks put this effort into their game Sat with the winged wheels.

Good grief, some credit to them for good play - we're never gonna' play an error free game. If we don't bring effort or make too many clear boneheaded plays that's one thing, but they played well and got good goaltending.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
AEM6729

We need to start playing like a playoff team, stat. The past few weeks we've been winning, but by and large playing sloppy hockey. I'm sure Trotz knows that. I hope the team believes that.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:54 PM
VFL615*

Quote:

Sharks offense has been a joke 12 goals in the last 8 games. It has been the talk of the NHL all season. Capable O-yes. Darn good this year-lol no. D does not deserve a cookie on that one. You got to cover guys like Joe Thorton standing by the net. If you are a top line center drafted number 2 overall and it is a matter of making a run for home ice in the playoffs you have to make something happen on a breakaway, don't make a stupid penality, and you have more than one move for a shootout.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The loss is my fault. I didn't listen to Tom last night while at a spring training game.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:

Not sure what anyone would expect Wilson to do, playing 9 minutes, and playing with Tootoo (giveaway).
The Fisher line was outplayed by San Jose top line. Thus, not many scoring chances from them. (yes they had shots on goal, but I mean scoring chances).
Hey, Pekka once again held this team in the game, as usual. He gives your team a chance to win, every single game!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Looked like a broken wrist the way he was holding it on the bench. How long does it take to heal a broken wrist - best and worst case scenario? Hairline fracture, 3-4 weeks?? Clean break, 4-6 weeks??
I'm not an expert on such matters but I believe best case scenario for a broken wrist is 3-4 weeks. Worst case is it ends his career. If he broke the scaphoid bone in his wrist, he will be out a while. If he suffers complications with the recovery of such an injury, it could end his career as it almost did to Sheldon Souray. He was down to one last surgery on it (after about 2-3 previously) to try and save his career. I recall reading that if it hadn't worked, his quality of life could have been severely affected too, maybe even to the point where opening doors and driving a car would be difficult tasks.

Could easily be a sprain as well though. However that isn't necessarily better news. There is a lot of potential variation in wrist injuries and although a broken scaphoid may be the worst news (if anyone knows better, please correct me), a minor fracture of another bone may be better than a severe sprain. Whatever it is, hopefully it isn't too serious for him and he can get back on the ice soon.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote