HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov gone long term?

Old
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
bogans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider may not be avialable for another 3 weeks if BC makes the Frozen 4. What am I thinking? BC will make the Frozen 4.
HA!, IF the #1 team in the country makes the frozen four...

THink this means Zucc gets some more ice, and maybe a callup for Wellman...

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

If there is only one spot left i dont see Wellman being called up.
I am pretty sure they are saving that spot for the Kreidernator

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
If there is only one spot left i dont see Wellman being called up.
I am pretty sure they are saving that spot for the Kreidernator
There's one contract left, not one spot left, Wellman already has an NHL contract.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
HA!, IF the #1 team in the country makes the frozen four...

THink this means Zucc gets some more ice, and maybe a callup for Wellman...
Did you watch Yale last season? It doesn't always happen.

03-16-2012, 12:18 PM
bernmeister

Can we encourage Woyvwitka to retire officially (not that he's been playing THAT bad) given he can unretire next year, we'd understand wink-wink it's a favor;

then with that extra slot maybe a more physical guy like Yogan, or even McNaught.
Just to buy us 6 weeks or so.
We'll need more than just Wellman if AA is out.
Please no more Kris Newbury

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:18 PM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Did you watch Yale last season? It doesn't always happen.
Right, I just would be more surprised to see them not there than I would to see them there. Didn't mean to imply there is a guarantee.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

This really sucks if Anisimov is out longterm.

Hes been scoring lately, i think his game has picked up. He does extremely well on the defensive side for this team, a key to their success this year. ****.

This is exactly what my fear was, great all year and then a ton of injuries at the end. Then again, if hes only out a couple weeks, this could be a godsend like the rest of the injuries as long as they all can come back to 100%. Damn.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:23 PM
pld459666

Long shot, but what about Yogan?

Solid frame, plays a nice physical game.

Not at all thrilled with what is available in hartford.

Limited minutes to the 3rd/4th line see what he can offer. If he does well, we benefit, if not he can go to Hartford, but at least we thought out of the box and tried something.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
There's one contract left, not one spot left, Wellman already has an NHL contract.
Ah ok, got it.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Long shot, but what about Yogan?

Solid frame, plays a nice physical game.

Not at all thrilled with what is available in hartford.

Limited minutes to the 3rd/4th line see what he can offer. If he does well, we benefit, if not he can go to Hartford, but at least we thought out of the box and tried something.
No thanks.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Maybe he's out 2-3 weeks. Will see, but it seems like he'll be back if we go deep in the playoffs

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
We're dropping like flies.

Is Torts stratagey of going balls to the wall from September a bad one? Everyone else seems to be getting healthy, while we're wearing down and getting hurt..

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

These injuries are really starting to pile up. Hopefully Ani will be ready sometime during the early round of the playoffs. I've always found that he is one of the most underrated players among Ranger fans, I think that losing him will have much more of a negative impact than expected.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:15 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Is Torts stratagey of going balls to the wall from September a bad one? Everyone else seems to be getting healthy, while we're wearing down and getting hurt..
How on Earth are the injuries the fault of Torts? They would have happened to anyone, even if they had not played all year.

Ths fanbase forgets quickly what it is like to view a product that is not going at 100%. It is not pretty.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
How on Earth are the injuries the fault of Torts? They would have happened to anyone, even if they had not played all year.

Ths fanbase forgets quickly what it is like to view a product that is not going at 100%. It is not pretty.
You can see the team is tired, and injuries result from the wear and tear. Yeah, some could be fluke plays, but not always.

My point is that we treat games in October like playoff games.. now we're wearing down and everyone else is getting mint..

Old
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We got hot at the end of the year last year, didn't exactly vault us through the playoffs.

Would you rather sprint into 8th place or limp into 1st? I guess it depends on the person but some folks seem to find the negative of whatever situation we are in at any given time.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:

Yeah, stupid torts and his strategy of forcing our guys to get checked into the boards by the other team

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:27 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

if Cally is back, it means no body. or rather MZA will stay and get more ice time.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

I mean Callahan's injury, while caused by Torts general theme of having his players block shots, was circumstantial. Del Zotto hitting his hip pointer into the post is circumstantial. Anisimov getting hit awkwardly by the Pens pest could have happened to any player not really paying attention on the ice. Sauer getting a concussion because he didn't have his helmet on tight enough is circumstantial. Lundqvuist having the flu is circumstantial.

Can't really blame Torts for the injuries, they're all happening coincidentally. What I blame torts for is for wearing our team out. Other teams look more dominant now because they're fresher and have less fatigue. We need to rest our top defensive pairing for a good 5 games. Del Zotto is getting his rest right now. Staal shouldn't be fatigued because he came halfway through the season. Stralman hasn't had the workload that the top 4 have had so he should also be good to go. Bring up Erixon, Bickel looks lost.

As for the offense, we don't have that many offensive dynamos to begin with. Callahan is getting his rest right now. Anisimov, hopefully, will have a few weeks off to get his breath too. Stepans minutes will reduce significantly over the next few weeks so I fully expect him to be ready to go in the playoffs as well. Hagelin seems to be doing great, Gabby and Richie are veterans and they seem to be dealing with the workload very well this year.

Add Kreider into this lineup and I think the offense also has a spring to their step. We just need rest.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We got hot at the end of the year last year, didn't exactly vault us through the playoffs.

Would you rather sprint into 8th place or limp into 1st? I guess it depends on the person but some folks seem to find the negative of whatever situation we are in at any given time.

Honestly? With the way sports is today, the latter might be the better option. Its about being hot at the right time.

That said, I'm more concerned about how great PIT and PHI are looking. We're wearing down, but I don't think we're gunna fall apart. Problem is, Pens and Flyers may lose 2 more games this year.. if that.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Mrpuck

So one journalist writes since it's his shoulder, he will be out long term and the board goes nuts?

Has there been any release from the team on his condition or are we all just getting paranoid? It may very well just be a bruised shoulder and we see him in 1-2 weeks.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
[/B]

Honestly? With the way sports is today, the latter might be the better option. Its about being hot at the right time.

That said, I'm more concerned about how great PIT and PHI are looking. We're wearing down, but I don't think we're gunna fall apart. Problem is, Pens and Flyers may lose 2 more games this year.. if that.
Except an 8 seed has never won the Cup....

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We were fortunate with injuries in the first half of the season. It doesn't have to do with wearing down it has to do with the law of averages catching up with us. The only real long-termers we have had have been Sauer and Staal. Staal is with us and Gaborik hasn't missed a game this season.

I'd say we're probably pretty low on the list of man-games-missed despite being top 5 in the league in shot blocking. The style we play, aside from that is not particularly difficult on our players as we have tough guys like Boyle, Prust who fight through pain like it is nothing. That is one of the reasons our roster is built the way it is, is for resiliency.

Now is Arty's shoulder busted up? Yeah, probably. But much as I like him there are far worse injuries we could have. He was not a PP regular and we have plenty PK players. He contributed even strength points but nothing that Dubinsky couldn't replace in the playoffs, when he tends to find his game.

Lets wait and see. Long term injuries to Sauer and Anisimov are a hell of a lot better than to Gaborik and Staal, and i'd much rather be a 1st seed than an 8th.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Except an 8 seed has never won the Cup....
I'm not saying I'd take the 8th seed right now.. but I'm saying right now we look a big step behind the Pens and even Philly now that they are actually able to stop the puck from going in their net.

Devils looking great too. Starting to look so much like 05-06 from that stand point.

I dunno. I guess what I'm saying is might be that.. at the start of the year we were dominating and out working everyone... now at this time of the year, our work ethic is actually being matched, and our lack of skill is showing.

Maybe the injuries aren't anyones fault, but this team has looked tired.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:45 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
wheels are falling off

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote