HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII

Old
03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1115793

Continue on...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Trade Kopitar for Boris Yeltsin!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
jimmy1100

RE: Doan -

I was more questioning someone signing him to a 5-6 year deal than the money. I think the Rolston contract was a mistake as was Chris Pronger's contract. It's not the money, it's the length on a deal where the cap hit stays even if the player retires.

Doan is a great player and any team would be lucky to have him. I just don't think signing any 35+ player is a smart deal for longer than 3 years, tops. Of course, that could change with the CBA rendering this point moot.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Artyuknin - Svitov - Yeltsin 4th line
Dare to Dream

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:15 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
RE: Doan -

I was more questioning someone signing him to a 5-6 year deal than the money. I think the Rolston contract was a mistake as was Chris Pronger's contract. It's not the money, it's the length on a deal where the cap hit stays even if the player retires.

Doan is a great player and any team would be lucky to have him. I just don't think signing any 35+ player is a smart deal for longer than 3 years, tops. Of course, that could change with the CBA rendering this point moot.
I'm with you on that one, he can make serious money on a 3 year deal, but I don't see anyone committing to a high cap hit for 5-6 years.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Would make an excellent linemate for Carter and Richards. On and off the ice.

I know he is dead but could he be any worse than Stoll or Penner?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I know that if DL remains that we will likely add one vet to our bottom 6 but we shouldn't.

We have enough talented NHL ready smart tough kids who should be used there.

Along with Loktionov, Nolan and King we have Andy A who is ready for NHL play and in a year or two could be a Simmonds replacement light and Kozun who is a top 6 scoring set of hands on a 3rd line grinders body. He has taken several steps this season towards becoming an NHL player and is ready to make the jump. He will take a little time to adjust to the NHL game but he has learned all he will down on the farm.

I posted the following break-down on a few of our prospects in another thread and am going to repost it here.

"We have the following prospects that I believe will be NHL players. NHL players who can and should step in and fill roles with strong motivated as well as talented core's who want nothing more than to make it in the NHL and play for the Kings".

Up front in our top 6:

Tyler Toffoli I have spent more time then I should have following TT this year and I can honestly say that he is easily twice the player this year then he was last year and the importance of that is in the area's that he has developed in.

His skating is vastly improved. Still needs a little work but he is skating without the puck much much better then he has in the past. His defencive game has come a long way in so far as his positioning and his awareness. He still has room to grow there as well but he has come a very long way from last season showing a willingness to learn and an eagerness to make it to the NHL as soon as possible.

Linden Vey is doing what I said he would do before the start of this season, he is playing smart up tempo hockey and making the most of his chances. He has great hands and sees the ice well. Is he a top 6 center or the perfect 3rd line center? Time will tell but he is an NHL caliber player.

Maxim (Moishie) Kitsyn is either going to be a Franzen type of power forward who loves contact and is most effective in front of the net or he is going to be an excellent 3rd line grinder with game breaking skills. The reason for the discrepancy between the two styles and potential outcomes is that Maxim is an enigmatic character of a kid and when he wants to be a game breaker he is as well as when he wants to be a beast he is.

He has NHL caliber skills and must return to N.A. this coming season or we could lose him. He has a couple of other talents that he can make a living with even though hockey is his first love. He did what he had to do in honoring his contract this past season but I am hoping that he simply comes over to train this summer and remains behind. He is a LW and I see him as the best in our system but also among the top ten LW prospects out there when he wants to be.

I am not saying he is a head case who cant decide what he wants to do, more that he is talented enough to where he drifts in and out of both styles of play. He will likely develop one style or the other in Manchester but either way I see him playing in our top 9 within the next three seasons.

Andy Andy

Bottom 6 hitter who has hands and can be an effective two way player. Think Clifford with a bit more smarts allowing him better opportunity to provide more offence. I like the way that Andy lines up his hits. He looks allot like Phil Sykes in the way you could almost draw a line between point A and point B. NHL bottom 6er who can be effective as a top 6 forward from time to time. He might be able to make the jump next year and in fact I think he will but if not he will develop his game in Manchester and be an effective call up.

Kozun

He has the offencive skills to play in the top 6 with the Kings and can be an effective two way wing, his only problem is that he is still learning how to control himself and keep his head focused on doing what is needed instead of looking for revenge or try to take out a player with one hit instead of focusing on his game.

I had always thought he should be a 3rd line powerhouse for us but maybe just maybe he could be effective in our top 6 if he can keep improving. I think he is ready to make the jump and that could be the reason for his streaky play but I am not sold on that notion.

Either way Kozun is without a doubt an NHL caliber prospect. How effective is up to him but he has the skills and is ready to start playing his way onto the Kings today.

We have at least 3 more kids who are going to be NHL caliber prospects over the next couple of seasons but you get the picture, we are far from without up front in my opinion. On D we have two kids who are NHL ready right now and would be good enough to very good.

Our system is in good shape, with Toffi and Vey we are in great shape but only time will be enough to give some of us the same amount of conviction that I have in their potential for NHL success.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Duc620

thanks for the update, TG. Still think we need a solid vet third or fourth liner to bench coach the 3/4 line guys as they come through. Then we can rotate the youngsters in and out in the early part of next season.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:02 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
thanks for the update, TG. Still think we need a solid vet third or fourth liner to bench coach the 3/4 line guys as they come through. Then we can rotate the youngsters in and out in the early part of next season.
I can agree with that but he (they) should be another truly great player or we shouldn't bother. I am not talking about the best third line scorer but a truly Doan type of guy who can make a difference in the locker room and on the ice.

I like MR for that role as our "3rd" line center but I still would agree with getting us one more leader/d forward.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:09 PM
DontgoZiggy

Doan would be great, probably too expensive though.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Was thinking, if the Kings lose Stoll, can they afford to replace him internally with Loktionov or Lewis moving into his spot as the 3rd C? They don't have the ability to win draws as well as Stoll and you need that player you can count on who has above a 50% chance of winning important faceoffs when the game is on the line.

With Paul Gaustad and Dominic Moore as free agents this summer, I would think that the Kings would be better off signing one of those centers. Gaustad is the 7th best faceoff man in the NHL, winning 57.5 percent of his draws, and Moore ranks 18th, winning 55.5 percent of his draws. Stoll's at 20th, winning 54.1 percent of faceoffs.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Johnny Utah

I heard Gaustad is going to be looking for 3 million this summer....I would think the Kings slide Loktionov into that spot...

I think Lewis and Richardson will either play wing or one will center the 4th line if they don't re-sign Fraser or add another UFA.

Dominic Moore has 0 goals in 11 games with San Jose...he has most of his success in the East anyways.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's going to be risky having only one center capable of winning more than 50% of his draws (Kopitar). Mike Richards is an average faceoff man and neither Trevor Lewis nor Andrei Loktionov are very good on the draw. I guess the Kings could use Carter as a draw man at critical points when Kopitar is resting on the bench.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Johnny Utah

I think the Kings are really happy with Loktionov, King and Nolan, which will fill a lot of holes this summer. Especially when Gagne comes back.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Brown/King-Richards-Carter
Brown/King-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-UFA/Richardson-Nolan/Westgarth

i think the only position that needs to be replaced is the 4th line center if Fraser leaves as a UFA....even then the Kings can fill with Richardson.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Up front in our top 6:

Linden Vey is doing what I said he would do before the start of this season, he is playing smart up tempo hockey and making the most of his chances. He has great hands and sees the ice well. Is he a top 6 center or the perfect 3rd line center? Time will tell but he is an NHL caliber player.

Maxim (Moishie) Kitsyn is either going to be a Franzen type of power forward who loves contact and is most effective in front of the net or he is going to be an excellent 3rd line grinder with game breaking skills. The reason for the discrepancy between the two styles and potential outcomes is that Maxim is an enigmatic character of a kid and when he wants to be a game breaker he is as well as when he wants to be a beast he is.

Andy Andy

Bottom 6 hitter who has hands and can be an effective two way player. Think Clifford with a bit more smarts allowing him better opportunity to provide more offence. I like the way that Andy lines up his hits. He looks allot like Phil Sykes in the way you could almost draw a line between point A and point B. NHL bottom 6er who can be effective as a top 6 forward from time to time. He might be able to make the jump next year and in fact I think he will but if not he will develop his game in Manchester and be an effective call up.

Kozun

He has the offencive skills to play in the top 6 with the Kings and can be an effective two way wing, his only problem is that he is still learning how to control himself and keep his head focused on doing what is needed instead of looking for revenge or try to take out a player with one hit instead of focusing on his game.

These 4 guys I think are REALLY going to be big fixtures in our future lineups.

I think Andreoff reminds me of Simmer.

And seriously reading the bolded part...does Kitsyn not sound like the next coming of Frolov?

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I think the Kings are really happy with Loktionov, King and Nolan, which will fill a lot of holes this summer. Especially when Gagne comes back.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Brown/King-Richards-Carter
Brown/King-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-UFA/Richardson-Nolan/Westgarth

i think the only position that needs to be replaced is the 4th line center if Fraser leaves as a UFA....even then the Kings can fill with Richardson.
I think the Kings would be better off moving Lewis down to the 4th line and signing a UFA for the 3rd line winger slot.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

TG how are Veys faceoff numbers this year?

Cause the AHL website does an absolutely awful job in registering stats like hits and faceoffs.

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
I think the Kings would be better off moving Lewis down to the 4th line and signing a UFA for the 3rd line winger slot.
Possible...But then you have Lewis, Richardson, Nolan, Clifford and Westgarth battling for 3 spots. I assume one of those guys gets traded or waived.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
ninetynine*

Westgarth vs. Parros tonight?

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Possible...But then you have Lewis, Richardson, Nolan, Clifford and Westgarth battling for 3 spots. I assume one of those guys gets traded or waived.
Westgarth will be a healthy scratch on most nights, so I don't think they'll have much of an issue having him on the roster as the 14th forward. It seems right now that Richardson is the 13th forward on the roster as is, so either it remains that way or the Kings jettison him off to another team.

Old
03-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
With Paul Gaustad and Dominic Moore as free agents this summer, I would think that the Kings would be better off signing one of those centers. Gaustad is the 7th best faceoff man in the NHL, winning 57.5 percent of his draws, and Moore ranks 18th, winning 55.5 percent of his draws. Stoll's at 20th, winning 54.1 percent of faceoffs.

Of those three, only Stoll will take a discount to play here. Based on this season's offensive output, he could be had for under $2m per.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Vino

Quote:
Richardson is pretty useless and Lewis slightly better. I hope both are gone when next training camp starts. As well Fraser and Penner. Stoll is usefull, but maybye his next salary is too high.

We should move Jeff Carter to center and trade Mike Richards back to east. Richards <-> Simmonds/Schenn -trade was a bad trade and we should minimize damages. Maybye some eastern team GM gives us second line winger and a pick for him.

And we should try Nolan as a fourth line center.

Gagne - Kopitar - Brown
King - Carter - Williams
XXX - Loktionov - UFA
Clifford - Nolan - Kozun or some other youngster/Westgarth

XXX = UFA or a player, who we get when we trade Richards

If we don't trade Richards, he should center third line, not second line. Loktionov is not defensively as good as Richardson, but he is offensively more creative.

Gagne - Kopitar - Williams
King - Loktionov - Carter
UFA - Richards - Brown

Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:16 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Richardson is pretty useless and Lewis slightly better. I hope both are gone when next training camp starts. As well Fraser and Penner. Stoll is usefull, but maybye his next salary is too high.

We should move Jeff Carter to center and trade Mike Richards back to east. Richards <-> Simmonds/Schenn -trade was a bad trade and we should minimize damages. Maybye some eastern team GM gives us second line winger and a pick for him.

And we should try Nolan as a fourth line center.

Gagne - Kopitar - Brown
King - Carter - Williams
XXX - Loktionov - UFA

XXX = UFA or a player, who we get when we trade Richards

If we don't trade Richards, he should center third line, not second line. Loktionov is not defensively as good as Richardson, but he is offensively more creative.

Gagne - Kopitar - Williams
King - Loktionov - Carter
UFA - Richards - Brown
Um yeah, that ain't happening.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:19 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
It's going to be risky having only one center capable of winning more than 50% of his draws (Kopitar). Mike Richards is an average faceoff man and neither Trevor Lewis nor Andrei Loktionov are very good on the draw. I guess the Kings could use Carter as a draw man at critical points when Kopitar is resting on the bench.
Actually, all four top centers on the Kings, thru 60 games, have won more than 50%...

From the current NHL faceoff stats link
http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...wards/count/41

Center Wins Losses %
Kopitar 636 550 53.6
Stoll 549 466 54.1
Jeff Carter 387 375 50.8
Mike Richards 451 448 50.2

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I am glad that the Kings got some use out of Fraser, but if they are going to maintain the philosophy of promoting from within, it might be time to give Cliche a shot in the 4th line role.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote