HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's going to stick up for our new ducks?

Old
03-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Dirk316

vCash: 500
They will say Brashear he played but at that time Brashear was a third liner who happened to be a top fighter. Cant wait till the BB honeymoon is over
We will never be a tough team until both those clowns are gone

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
5minsforfighting

The tough, agressive and intimidating style of hockey was one of main reasons why I start to follow this team.This season I will remember for one if not the most ever boring hockey I have ever seen Ducks playing.

Somehow the speed strategy isnt working here and I hope BM will wake up or better be gone at the end of the season.

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
We're losing Schultz Gardiner Koivu and Selanne. If we didn't have selanne i bet we would be in the top 3 worst NHL teams.

I don't know what we're gonna do next season with the low end of UFAs this season. It's bad when Ducks fans are suggesting picking up Avery in the off season....

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:53 PM
ninetynine*

I like Boudreau but I wish he would change his mind about tough guys. This team needs a certain level of goonage to attract fans to games. Guys like 5minforfighting and me [if I lived in the country] like a rough and tumble style of play.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Winning cures everything.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

...at least until you're bounced in the early rounds every year. Then you're a fall guy when your superstar calls you fat.

Spicy Porkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:09 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
...at least until you're bounced in the early rounds every year. Then you're a fall guy when your superstar calls you fat.
For those who don't get the reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Winning cures everything.
True, but in the meantime, FREE PARROS!!!

Old
03-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
For those who don't get the reference:

True, but in the meantime, FREE PARROS!!!
For some reason I just got an image of you at Costco giving away free Parros samples and everyone taking one getting a right cross.

And no, I'm not drinking yet.

Old
03-16-2012, 03:34 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
For some reason I just got an image of you at Costco giving away free Parros samples and everyone taking one getting a right cross.

And no, I'm not drinking yet.
Except I'd probably get shot to death for doing that in the States, lol.

Old
03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrosfan16 View Post
For everyone want to sign other enforcers, why? BB won't play then anyways. Parros is one of the better playing enforcers in the league, and now that the are extra forwards up, BB sits him most nights. Do you really thing he will play McGratton? The time of the enforcer is done in Anaheim as long as BB is head coach. And everyone saying Baleskey.....lololololol. He is a joke of a fighter, and not much better of a hockey player.
Well if Parros would actually do some enforcing once in a while he might actually get to play, instead of skating around like a headless chicken for 5 useless minutes a night

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:44 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Well if Parros would actually do some enforcing once in a while he might actually get to play, instead of skating around like a headless chicken for 5 useless minutes a night
No, if he did some enforcing he'd get an instigator and misconduct and would be a permanent healthy scratch the rest of the season. See the dilemma?

Old
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
parrosfan16

Quote:
I love this place. So if Parros goes and does some "enforcing" as most here would like, he would get nailed with 10+5+2 for instigating. Then he would be a ****ing idiot for getting an instigator penalty. And don't say it's not true, because in GDT everyone comments how stupid he is when he picks up a penalty.

He is always willing to fight, always sticks up for his teammates, and is not a liability on the ice. And then everyone says Brookbank could fight. Do we really want a guy who plays D for 15-20 min a night sitting in the box for 5 for fighting? That is why you pay a guy like Parros, so better hockey players don't have to sit in the box.

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:46 PM
parrosfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5minsforfighting View Post
The tough, agressive and intimidating style of hockey was one of main reasons why I start to follow this team.This season I will remember for one if not the most ever boring hockey I have ever seen Ducks playing.

Somehow the speed strategy isnt working here and I hope BM will wake up or better be gone at the end of the season.
I agree. I've had the last few games on at home, but haven't been paying much attention because they are boring as hell.

Old
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
No, if he did some enforcing he'd get an instigator and misconduct and would be a permanent healthy scratch the rest of the season. See the dilemma?
Quote:
I love this place. So if Parros goes and does some "enforcing" as most here would like, he would get nailed with 10+5+2 for instigating. Then he would be a ****ing idiot for getting an instigator penalty. And don't say it's not true, because in GDT everyone comments how stupid he is when he picks up a penalty.

He is always willing to fight, always sticks up for his teammates, and is not a liability on the ice. And then everyone says Brookbank could fight. Do we really want a guy who plays D for 15-20 min a night sitting in the box for 5 for fighting? That is why you pay a guy like Parros, so better hockey players don't have to sit in the box.
Yeah because that's what I'm saying, not asking him to leave the bench to get tossed out, I'm asking for him to be a presence, because he doesn't stop anyone from taking runs at our players tbh. Though if he became a permanent healthy scratch I'd be quite happy with that.

If I had the choice of say a Konopka/Thornton or a Parros it's an easy choice, likes of Konopka and Thornton actually have a presence on the ice that an enforcer needs, Parros doesn't have that anymore.

Parros is well past his use by date.

Old
03-16-2012, 04:10 PM
parrosfan16

Quote:
I'm asking for him to be a presence, because he doesn't stop anyone from taking runs at our players tbh. Though if he became a permanent healthy scratch I'd be quite happy with that.
No one is going to stop taking runs at people as long as the instigator rule is in place. Parros, Konopka, Thornton, McGrattan, Gillies, etc will stop people from taking runs.

Old
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

One thing being overlooked is that BB is getting much better team defense than RC did the last 3 years. The Ducks are 9th in the league at 28.8/game, compared to 27th (32.3), 29th (33.4), and 19th (30.5). And that's in spite of having the abysmal 1st half of the season, and essentially the same/worse team.

Old
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
No one is going to stop taking runs at people as long as the instigator rule is in place. Parros, Konopka, Thornton, McGrattan, Gillies, etc will stop people from taking runs.
You're correct about all those except Parros, because the remainder are borderline psychopaths who will find ways to hurt you without fighting or fight you regardless. Parros is too nice, and just a little too slow to lay a really punishing check. All Parros does is make sure the opposing heavy has to pay for something after he runs someone, except lately he's been watching as someone else tries to make the guy pay by breaking his fists on their face. I'm sure the medical staff told him not to fight with that retina but he's too respectful a guy to be a real deterrant.

Old
03-23-2012, 04:35 AM
5minsforfighting

As much I love Parros I would love to see Murray bring new tough guy in our system next season. Parros just seems to be ''too nice'' for enforcer out there. He is like big kind giant, no doubt he can fight, but I wouldnt mind to see more aggression and rage.
I know fans love him in Anaheim and so do I, but this team need new blood next season and I wouldnt mind changing our enforcer as well.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:08 AM
5minsforfighting

Sign Konopka as 3rd line C.
Sign McGrattan on 4th line.
+ add Matt Carkner on D.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

A guy with a career high of 9 points as third line center? :\

Old
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
parrosfan16

It doesn't who the Ducks sign, because BB won't play them.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:10 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

BB will play them if they are actually useful to the team.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:25 PM
5minsforfighting

Quote:
A guy with a career high of 9 points as third line center? :\
Its not always about scoring.
He can win FO, can kill penalties and adds one more important thing this team have been missing this season - grit.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:39 PM
ninetynine*

Konopka is a face-off god. Boudreau will play him on the 4th lime. Also, if Murray only puts 12 healthy forwards at a time on the roster, McGrattan will have to play, like Parros earlier this season when BB had no choice.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5minsforfighting View Post
Its not always about scoring.
He can win FO, can kill penalties and adds one more important thing this team have been missing this season - grit.
Then sign him as the 4th line center. Magical.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote