HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#70: Rangers vs. Pens

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2012, 03:11 PM
  #301
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,020
vCash: 500
I honestly think the reason the game was the ROOT feed on NBC and not MSG had more to do with Comcast than a league conspiracy.

It wasn't an NBC game originally... the late addition meant NBC couldn't produce their own broadcast, so they use a group whose already producing it.

Instead of a company with Cablevision ties they use a non-cable affiliated broadcast.

Seems clear-cut.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:24 PM
  #302
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
ot sure if it's mentioned, but Sid was credited with another assist last night..

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:28 PM
  #303
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I honestly think the reason the game was the ROOT feed on NBC and not MSG had more to do with Comcast than a league conspiracy.

It wasn't an NBC game originally... the late addition meant NBC couldn't produce their own broadcast, so they use a group whose already producing it.

Instead of a company with Cablevision ties they use a non-cable affiliated broadcast.

Seems clear-cut.

I don't know, seems like a pretty unlikely thought process to me. I would assume it was just because they're picking it up for Crosby in the first place, who is a Penguin, so they pick up the Penguins broadcast.

charlie460 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
  #304
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I don't know, seems like a pretty unlikely thought process to me. I would assume it was just because they're picking it up for Crosby in the first place, who is a Penguin, so they pick up the Penguins broadcast.
If you know anything about the cable companies and the ongoing struggles they have with each other I don't think it's even close to unlikely. Everytime a Fios promo runs lower 3rd on the screen IF MSG was on NBC Sports, Comcast is promoting a competitor. If you don't think large monopoly-esque cable companies think along those lines, you'd be underestimating them, their processes and their attention to detail.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
  #305
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Comcast and Cablevision don't compete with each other, though. In fact, they even share WiFi hotspots in the tri-state area.

charlie460 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 04:12 PM
  #306
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Comcast and Cablevision don't compete with each other, though. In fact, they even share WiFi hotspots in the tri-state area.
Take it for what it's worth but Comcast competes with every other cable entity even if they're not available in the area. They may share infrasctructure and anything else that helps their cause but they won't be airing anything on NBC Sports that promotes another cable company or their services.

Just my opinion.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 04:36 PM
  #307
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,345
vCash: 500
Also it wasn't our offense that lost us this game, it was our defense, plain and simple.

Honestly that was one of the worst defensive performances of the season, and it's been getting progressively worse for near two months now.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 05:01 PM
  #308
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Also it wasn't our offense that lost us this game, it was our defense, plain and simple.

Honestly that was one of the worst defensive performances of the season, and it's been getting progressively worse for near two months now.
Indeed. The playoffs had better bring about a step-up in defensive play. Hopefully we can hang on to the 1st seed and win the first round quickly to buy a few extra days of rest.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now  
Old
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
  #309
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Also it wasn't our offense that lost us this game, it was our defense, plain and simple.

Honestly that was one of the worst defensive performances of the season, and it's been getting progressively worse for near two months now.
Agreed, there was enough offensive pressure to win that game. The D was really bad. To be fair, there has been more games where the pressure in offensive zone has not been there. Therefore our D has been overworked. That was not the case last night.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:42 PM
  #310
wafflepadsave
Registered User
 
wafflepadsave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Indeed. The playoffs had better bring about a step-up in defensive play. Hopefully we can hang on to the 1st seed and win the first round quickly to buy a few extra days of rest.
I would rather them drop a little bit and take the target off their backs. They play much better as an underdog.

wafflepadsave is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.