HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Huselius

Old
03-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Nordique

vCash: 500
We have the scoring depth of a bird bath. If he can return any where near his old form, we will have a need for him. Obviously, he isn't going to get 4.7 at this point in his career, but I could see him commanding 2 mill on the market. There are alot of teams desperate for offense in the league.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Huselius has a great shot and skill but before anyone signs him they better have reasonable assurance he can play and not sit in the press box all season long...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Huselius has a great shot and skill but before anyone signs him they better have reasonable assurance he can play and not sit in the press box all season long...
Obviously. However, none of the injuries appears career threatening.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
It all depends if Howson wants him back I guess. It's been known that veterans with families love to stay here, so going by that trend I can't imagine that Juice has a big desire to test the market. A one or two year contract at between 2 and 3 million I think is a solid signing. He probably won't make less than 2 million, but I think in between those two numbers is a good hit especially when you consider we might have trouble hitting the cap floor next season (just speculating I really have no clue)! Seriously though if we trade Nash and don't bring back significant salary, before any trades or any free agency pickups we will probably be close to 40,000,000 in cap spending.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 06:14 AM
EspenK

I don't get it. He has been hurt for the last 2 years. True he has provided offense when healthy but he will be 34 next November. If the team is re-whatevering wouldn't it be better to do so with a longer term player? We already have signed our seasoned veteran" in Prospal. Let him go sign with a contender if one will sign him.

EspenK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
Does anyone know the requirements for one of those old, injured guy contracts? The base salary + incentives kind?
Huselius is too young. Those contracts are allowable for 35+ year olds.

Always been a Huselius fan, but I hope a contender inks him for ~$1.5-2m, like Steve Sullivan when he signed with the Penguins. no offense.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:59 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Holland is Amazing

If he signs relative to an aging player who hasn't played in a season and a half I don't see why not. Columbus needs to be careful not to overpay. I just think he'll likely get paid more than he is worth because he is almost a first liner on this team. Its the problem with having so little depth you end up paying first line dollars for second and third line players.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:18 PM
JacketsFanWest

The lack of information about his injury is rather strange. Why is he out for the season? Did he have surgery?

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote