HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Today......Must Win????

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
You mean it's not the quality of players; it's the quality of coaching?
Nay....that can't be it. Because only allstar teams can be "elite" in this league. I mean look at Carolina.

Old
01-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Another must win, down the tubes.

Old
01-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Another must win, down the tubes.
Don't worry Reaper.....I will revive this thread on Thursday.....then again next Tuesday....and so on....... and so on........until the Kings are mathematically eliminated from the playoff race.

Old
02-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Captain Ron

Sorry but I must revive this thread for tonight's game vs Phoenix.

The best case scenario for tonight would be the Kings win and that Colorado, Edmonton and San Jose lose.

In this scenario the Kings would regain 5th place in the West. And definitely help to retain a playoff spot.

The worst case scenario....King's lose........ Colorado, Edmonton and San Jose win.

In this scenario the Avalanche would leap frog the Kings in the standings and the Kings would then be tied with the Oilers for 7th in the conference. Edmonton would still have 3 games in hand. San Jose would close to within 7 points of LA with 5 games still in hand.

This night (more than any of the previous) could be a big factor in deciding the Kings season.

Old
02-02-2006, 12:23 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Sorry but I must revive this thread for tonight's game vs Phoenix.

The best case scenario for tonight would be the Kings win and that Colorado, Edmonton and San Jose lose.

In this scenario the Kings would regain 5th place in the West. And definitely help to retain a playoff spot.

The worst case scenario....King's lose........ Colorado, Edmonton and San Jose win.

In this scenario the Avalanche would leap frog the Kings in the standings and the Kings would then be tied with the Oilers for 7th in the conference. Edmonton would still have 3 games in hand. San Jose would close to within 7 points of LA with 5 games still in hand.

This night (more than any of the previous) could be a big factor in deciding the Kings season.
Well, someone on LGK said that we are apparently now completely healthy(with the exception of Flinn, of course). If they're going to come out of the funk, now's the time to do it. Games are getting more an more pivotal as they get fewer and fewer.

I agree that keeping 5th will be an important step...and holding onto to it going into the break with be even more important.

Old
02-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Captain Ron

Once again I am reviving this thread. I will continue to do so until the Kings are not in a "Must Win" situation (ie they are eliminated or comfortably in a playoff spot).

Tonight the Kings are facing the Minnesota Wild. The optimistic Kings' fans will point to the fact that Minnesota is last in their division (10th in West) and that this should be a Kings win.

I as a realist/pessimist will point out that Minnesota has won 7 of their last 10 games. The Kings will have a hard time breaking out of their powerplay slump considering the Wild are the #1 penalty killing unit in the NHL. Actually the Kings will have a hard enough time just scoring a goal against the Wild since they are 5th in the league in defense (giving up just 2.56 goals/game). But it will be interesting to say the least.

Old
02-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Captain Ron

Like John Travolta's career....the infamous "Must Win" thread is back.....again

The Kings are trying to stop a 7 game losing streak and now have 2 back to back games to play before the Olympic break officially starts.

The Kings face the Blackhawks this afternoon followed by the Pacific Division leading Stars tomorrow. Since tomorrow's game is probably a certain loss the Kings are goint to have to win today to prevent having a 9 game losing streak going into the break. With Anaheim (2 points back) and Minnesota (3 points back) right behind the Kings it is do or die for the Kings playoff hopes this season.

Old
02-11-2006, 02:21 PM
T2M

Until you clinch first place in the league, every game is must win. Every game in the playoffs is must win too. This is the way Kings fans think. That's why we're among the most depressed fans in the league.

Closed Thread