HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post game Talk versus Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Kluivert4Ever

vCash: 500
Post game Talk versus Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs at The New York Rangers 2-4

I said my opperative word after the Flyers game was pride, tonight that word is determination. Determination to follow your gameplan and follow what you believe in even when being down and when the other team tries to play physical.
Determination to play your game and believe that when you do that all is well.

Henrik Lundqvist:

Cannot fault him for the goals, he had a quite night otherwise, which is good.
But when he was tested early in the 3rd he stood tall like always.

Marek Malik:
Strong on the puck, and played a solid game, nothing more nothing less.

Michael Rozival:

I believe this guy is a very underrated puckmoving defensmen nowadays, he complements Malik to perfection. He is not spectacular by any means but he knows how to get the puck out of the zone.

Fedor Tuytin:
ROCK-SOLID. This guy keeps getting better and better and better and better and better, and you get the point. Confidence is the key here, he gets more confident with each day and it is clearly showing in his game.

Tom Poti:

Give it up for Tom, people! He was booed, he was made fun of, he was called a nerd by an unkown source, he came back and he is playing some good hockey right now. Looked like a sniper on the goal.

Darius Kasparatis:
Always brings the intensity, he along with the rest of our defence played a solid game and he showed the Leafs that we can play physical to. He is emerging as a true leader on the blueline, what Jagr is to the Cezch possy, Darius is to the blueline.

Jason Strudwick:
You can easily see that he is an notch below the other defensmen but you can also see how hard he tries to make up for it and one cannot turn away such determination even if the talent is lacking from time to time.

Dominic Moore:

The little engine that could. What a small fighter this guy is, and he is such a smart player. Both of these elements was shown tonight and we won this game thanks to our PK, which Moore helped lead.

Jed Ortmeyer:
A part of me wants to see Ortmeyer block a puck with his nose so I can finally get confirmation that he is in fact bleeding white, blue and red.
The determination he showed when he blocked McCabes shot in the 3rd was outrageous, you could see the love for this team glowing in him as he layed himself in the line of fire. Amazing.

Ryan Hollweg:
Was not noticed as much as his other to companions, due to the penalty killing mostly. But he also brings so much energy and that shift he and his two boys had at the end of the third made me so proud and showed why this line should play EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Jason Ward:

Lost a lot of faceoffs, other than that he again had a strong game, was a bit unlucky with some bounces but you can see his legs moving constantly, never takes a shift of and everyone feeds of that.

Ville Nieminen:
Did not notice him that much tonight but what I did notice is that when he gets the puck on the offensive zone he usually creates something, if he had a better shot he would be lethal I think.

Marcel Hossa:
Wow, what a quite game for him, did anyone else notice him a lot? He had some good shifts and he did not make any glaring mistakes but overall I just found him invisible. Perhaps that heavy hit he took early had an affect on him.

Martin Rucinsky:
I´ll say it again, VERY underrated defensive player. He is an excellent penalty killer and I love his speed and creativity. Did not get much done offensively tonight but did have some decent chances, his defensive work stood out though.

Petr Sykora:
What a shot! That was a beauty. I think the rest will do him good though, he seems to be lacking his legs a bit but he is still a very good player to have on a team. He is good defensively and can create on offence as well.

Steve Rucchin:
Did not notice Steve a whole lot tonight, but he has been very productive as of late and was due for an "invisable" game.

Michael Nylander:

Worked hard tonight, specially along the boards. His passing was not as crisp as usual but I liked that he made up for it in other areas.

Martin Straka:

One of Martins worser games this year I think, did not seem to have his usual good puckcontrol and some of his passes were off as well, that missed open netter hurt also. But cant be to hard on him, he has played so well all year and his great to have on the PP.

Jaromir *****ing Jagr:

Who knows how this game would have turned out had it not been for 68 putting this team on his back, yet again. He delivered when needed and even though he was not dominating as usuall on offence he still ended up with a 2+1 and had some very strong offensive shifts. The man is just stong as an ox.

Old
02-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Well said. Jagr is simply amazing, and the rest of the team just does its job

Old
02-10-2006, 10:45 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Hopefully you'll have a chance to rate Orr tommorrow. I agree with what you said, but Niemo would be lethal? I really see nothing that Ville brings, and if you mean lethal in scoring then I really disagree with ya because he is just as slow as Orrsie, he doesn't hit nearly as hard, and he can't fight. He has a bit more skill, but nothing glaring. Hossa played intimidated tonight I agree. Also, Rucinsky is not underrated, he has failed to back check many times

Old
02-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Hopefully you'll have a chance to rate Orr tommorrow. I agree with what you said, but Niemo would be lethal? I really see nothing that Ville brings, and if you mean lethal in scoring then I really disagree with ya because he is just as slow as Orrsie, he doesn't hit nearly as hard, and he can't fight. He has a bit more skill, but nothing glaring. Hossa played intimidated tonight I agree. Also, Rucinsky is not underrated, he has failed to back check many times

Niemien, I was refering to him creating chances (not good ones but he does get the shot on net or towards the net on most occasions) and if he had a good shot he would score plenty of goals I think. But what has him not being able to fight or hit do with his ability to put the puck in the net?
Rucinsky, more often than not backchecks very hard and also forechecks very hard, am I the only one seeing this?

Old
02-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Profet

vCash: 50
I don't know why it is irking me...but I'll go ahead and post this anyway...

quite: To the greatest extent; completely: quite alone; not quite finished.

quiet: Making little or no noise: quiet neighbors; a quiet engine.

I think you meant the latter...both times.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
I don't know why it is irking me...but I'll go ahead and post this anyway...

quite: To the greatest extent; completely: quite alone; not quite finished.

quiet: Making little or no noise: quiet neighbors; a quiet engine.

I think you meant the latter...both times.

Excuse me for not having English as my mother tongue.
I believe if you tried to write a few sentences in Swedish there would be some uncharactaristic errors as well.

I dont know why it irks me but I dont really to be corrected like some moron for writing a language that is like I said not even my mother tongue.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Profet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Steve Rucchin:
Did not notice Steve a whole lot tonight, but he has been very productive as of late and was due for an "invisable" game.

2 assists. He should be this invisible every game.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
2 assists. He should be this invisible every game.

Seriously, is there a need to point out all my spelling mistakes?
Again, write a few sentences in Swedish and see if you come out 100%.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Niemien, I was refering to him creating chances (not good ones but he does get the shot on net or towards the net on most occasions) and if he had a good shot he would score plenty of goals I think. But what has him not being able to fight or hit do with his ability to put the puck in the net?
Rucinsky, more often than not backchecks very hard and also forechecks very hard, am I the only one seeing this?
Ville is a good skater, and pretty strong with the puck, thats why he is good at carrying the puck up ice and creating a couple chances. Any player would score more goals with a better shot, or hands

Old
02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Sather Hater

I think your being a little generous to Hossa and Poti. The first goal was because of a Hossa turnover, the second goal because Poti decided to follow the puck and left Tucker all alone when it was originally a 3 on 3.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Any player would score more goals with a better shot, or hands
True But a player who has a knack for getting shots on net or towards it will have more success with a better shot than a player who doesn´t, that was what I was trying to say anyway.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
no, I definetly notice

Old
02-11-2006, 03:34 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Swedish? Well, Ill try...

Jävla Lundqvist!

Or uhm...

Håll käften kuksugare profet.

How's that?

Old
02-11-2006, 05:46 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
I noticed Nemo in the 1st period - he laid a good hit on someone! Thought he had a decent game. The 3rd and 4th lines for me where superb, I love watching them play. Orts especially blocking that shot The penalty killing was a fantastic sight to see.

Thought Toots had a good game, apart from one moment when he just wasn't physical enough, and got beat easily near the boards. But that will come! You can see how much he's improved this year, as he grows up as a player.

What is impressing me the more I see this team is how organised they are. And credit to Tom Renney and his coaches for that. For so long we had a bunch of individuals who did what they hell they liked.

Now we have a well oiled machine, who follow their coaches instructions. And it doesn't matter if it's a superstar like JJ, or a rookie like Prucha, or a 4th liner like Orts - they play for the same team, and appreciate each others efforts.

Old
02-11-2006, 06:45 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
True But a player who has a knack for getting shots on net or towards it will have more success with a better shot than a player who doesn´t, that was what I was trying to say anyway.
Marcus, don't worry. Those of us us who know from the days Rivals are more than comfortable of your posting abilities in your secondary language. My question is...considering how optimistic you were in the darkest of days over the past 8 years, how do you keep your enthusiasm for the current squad under wraps? Or did the past eight years beat that out of you to the point where you have become every bit as cynical as the rest of us miserable bastids.

Old
02-11-2006, 09:29 AM
polako

the garden was dead in the first period last night, but was absolutely rocking when the rangers killed off those two consecutive penalties in the third.

kluivert, i think hossa may have been a bit timid last night because of his turnover that directly led to the goal. don't know if it was shown on tv, but he did give tie domi a nice little elbow later on in the game. domi did not like it.

also, i thought nieminen played a strong game. he was an aggressive forechecker and gained the offensive zone plenty of times.

poti played a great game. he was physical on defense and had two scoring opportunities.

jagr is the best.

Old
02-11-2006, 09:40 AM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT
Swedish? Well, Ill try...

Jävla Lundqvist!

Or uhm...

Håll käften kuksugare profet.

How's that?

But I am not entirely sure if "Håll käften kuksugare profet" is perfect, maybe "Håll käften profet din kuksugare"?

Old
02-11-2006, 11:26 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Let's give it up for

Quote:
Toronto Maple Leafs at The New York Rangers 2-4

I said my opperative word after the Flyers game was pride, tonight that word is determination. Determination to follow your gameplan and follow what you believe in even when being down and when the other team tries to play physical.
Determination to play your game and believe that when you do that all is well.

Henrik Lundqvist:

Cannot fault him for the goals, he had a quite night otherwise, which is good.
But when he was tested early in the 3rd he stood tall like always.

Marek Malik:
Strong on the puck, and played a solid game, nothing more nothing less.

Michael Rozival:

I believe this guy is a very underrated puckmoving defensmen nowadays, he complements Malik to perfection. He is not spectacular by any means but he knows how to get the puck out of the zone.

Fedor Tuytin:
ROCK-SOLID. This guy keeps getting better and better and better and better and better, and you get the point. Confidence is the key here, he gets more confident with each day and it is clearly showing in his game.

Tom Poti:

Give it up for Tom, people! He was booed, he was made fun of, he was called a nerd by an unkown source, he came back and he is playing some good hockey right now. Looked like a sniper on the goal.

Darius Kasparatis:
Always brings the intensity, he along with the rest of our defence played a solid game and he showed the Leafs that we can play physical to. He is emerging as a true leader on the blueline, what Jagr is to the Cezch possy, Darius is to the blueline.

Jason Strudwick:
You can easily see that he is an notch below the other defensmen but you can also see how hard he tries to make up for it and one cannot turn away such determination even if the talent is lacking from time to time.

Dominic Moore:

The little engine that could. What a small fighter this guy is, and he is such a smart player. Both of these elements was shown tonight and we won this game thanks to our PK, which Moore helped lead.

Jed Ortmeyer:
A part of me wants to see Ortmeyer block a puck with his nose so I can finally get confirmation that he is in fact bleeding white, blue and red.
The determination he showed when he blocked McCabes shot in the 3rd was outrageous, you could see the love for this team glowing in him as he layed himself in the line of fire. Amazing.

Ryan Hollweg:
Was not noticed as much as his other to companions, due to the penalty killing mostly. But he also brings so much energy and that shift he and his two boys had at the end of the third made me so proud and showed why this line should play EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Jason Ward:

Lost a lot of faceoffs, other than that he again had a strong game, was a bit unlucky with some bounces but you can see his legs moving constantly, never takes a shift of and everyone feeds of that.

Ville Nieminen:
Did not notice him that much tonight but what I did notice is that when he gets the puck on the offensive zone he usually creates something, if he had a better shot he would be lethal I think.

Marcel Hossa:
Wow, what a quite game for him, did anyone else notice him a lot? He had some good shifts and he did not make any glaring mistakes but overall I just found him invisible. Perhaps that heavy hit he took early had an affect on him.

Martin Rucinsky:
I´ll say it again, VERY underrated defensive player. He is an excellent penalty killer and I love his speed and creativity. Did not get much done offensively tonight but did have some decent chances, his defensive work stood out though.

Petr Sykora:
What a shot! That was a beauty. I think the rest will do him good though, he seems to be lacking his legs a bit but he is still a very good player to have on a team. He is good defensively and can create on offence as well.

Steve Rucchin:

Michael Nylander:

Worked hard tonight, specially along the boards. His passing was not as crisp as usual but I liked that he made up for it in other areas.

Martin Straka:

One of Martins worser games this year I think, did not seem to have his usual good puckcontrol and some of his passes were off as well, that missed open netter hurt also. But cant be to hard on him, he has played so well all year and his great to have on the PP.

Jaromir *****ing Jagr:

Who knows how this game would have turned out had it not been for 68 putting this team on his back, yet again. He delivered when needed and even though he was not dominating as usuall on offence he still ended up with a 2+1 and had some very strong offensive shifts. The man is just stong as an ox.
HOCKEY FAIRY! Yeah, hockey fairy! hockey fairy for NHL exec of the year! Way to go! Way to put together a team, no matter how flawed!

Old
02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
[B]
Marcel Hossa:
... he did not make any glaring mistakes ...
he made one, actually. but the rest of the team was solid.

Old
02-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre

But I am not entirely sure if "Håll käften kuksugare profet" is perfect, maybe "Håll käften profet din kuksugare"?
Helvete! Yeah, you're right... I screwed up the mechanics on that quite nicely...

Closed Thread