HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What snipers should we seek BESIDES Parise?

Old
03-16-2012, 10:00 PM
wafflepadsave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
You'd potentially block Erixon and McIlrath in doing that, unless we're planning on letting Girardi and Sauer go.
Not convinced Sauer will return. For that matter, when will Staal return to form?

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yeah. He's a guy who's scored no less than 50 points only three times in his career but has scored over 55 five times with this year probably making it six.

Consistency? He averages 57 points a season and 32 goals a season. Can you say that Dubinsky or Anisimov (or Zuccarrello) can do that? Yeah, I'd take that consistency.

Cracked 60 point once? How many second liners have cracked 60 points? How many have averaged 3 points less for a career?

And giving up assets to get him offers the opportunity to move salary.
I think you meant that he averages 22 goals a season, not 32.

Even though they've played about half as many seasons as Ryder, or in Anisimov's case a third as many, he's only averaging a handful more goals than Dubinsky or Anisimov. You really think its worth it to trade one of these guys or someone else for a guy who has averaged 5 more goals than them over the past 8 seasons? A guy who MIGHT outscores them, but certainly isn't a sure thing?

And clearing salary? Ryder's cap-hit is 3.5. Wolski is no longer on the team. Who exactly are we clearing salary with to get Ryder? Dubinsky? 4.2 for 3.5? Really? For a guy who doesn't do ANY of the other valuable things that Dubinsky does? For a guy who, even if he puts up FORTY goals, has no loyalties to NY whatsoever and can walk out the door as a UFA the following year?

Humungous big NO thank you.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:08 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
I don't see anyone saying lets trade all of the team's youth for Nash or Ryan. But there are prospects and picks who's best value to the organization is going to be as trade fodder.
I'd say mcColgan and Erixon fit that bill.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Machinehead
Get Well Gordie

If we were to get Suter and nothing else, that hurts us if anything.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:16 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Done and done.

Huge difference between Kane and Wheeler.
Could see Dubinsky rebounding in a place like Winnipeg.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
If we were to get Suter and nothing else, that hurts us if anything.
I'm pretty sure that if we got Suter we'd trade some of our current D and/or prospects for forward help.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:20 PM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

I am not at all convinced that Parise would even sign here. I think he's going to the Western Conference if he doesn't resign with NJ.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I think you meant that he averages 22 goals a season, not 32.

Even though they've played about half as many seasons as Ryder, or in Anisimov's case a third as many, he's only averaging a handful more goals than Dubinsky or Anisimov. You really think its worth it to trade one of these guys or someone else for a guy who has averaged 5 more goals than them over the past 8 seasons? A guy who MIGHT outscores them, but certainly isn't a sure thing?

And clearing salary? Ryder's cap-hit is 3.5. Wolski is no longer on the team. Who exactly are we clearing salary with to get Ryder? Dubinsky? 4.2 for 3.5? Really? For a guy who doesn't do ANY of the other valuable things that Dubinsky does? For a guy who, even if he puts up FORTY goals, has no loyalties to NY whatsoever and can walk out the door as a UFA the following year?

Humungous big NO thank you.
Sorry, my math was off. Ryder will have 196 goals (including the 34 he's on pace for this season). Dived that by his 8 NHL seasons thats 24.5 goals a season.

They have lots of guys who can do what Dubinsky IS doing. And what does Dubinsky do? Lose fights? He's no longer one of the top penalty killers. The loyalty that Dubinsky has shown has really paid off. I love the idea of a guy playing for a contract.

BTW, with the 8 goals that Dubinsky is on pace for, he averages 16 goals a season.
With the 16 goals that Anisimov is on pace for, he averages 15 goals a season

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-16-2012 at 10:31 PM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
Could see Dubinsky rebounding in a place like Winnipeg.
If you can get Kane for him, I'll take him to the border.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:25 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Don't think they move Kane. Was still wishing for Bogosian. Which would be Dubs+
Or if Toronto is still interested, Dubs, McIlrath+ for Schenn

Last edited by wafflepadsave: 03-16-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: forgot someone
Old
03-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Kane? You couldn't get a candy cane for Dubinsky!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:53 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Maybe online

Old
03-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
Not convinced Sauer will return. For that matter, when will Staal return to form?
I think Staal is fine. I think he's been fine for awhile now.

He was never a flashy player and the fact that he's played a bit less dictates that people notice him less and the "where is Staal" or "What is wrong with Staal" crops up. People forget that one of his biggest compliments was that he was solid and stay at home enough so that you didn't notice him much out there.

Now his lack of offense does not trouble me, because he was held without a point in his rough first 15 or so games, but he has had little to no PP time. Staal was never a point producer and it was only Del Zotto's sending to Hartford and Staal's inheritance of first team PP time that improved his offensive numbers last season.

03-16-2012, 11:25 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:

He was never a flashy player and the fact that he's played a bit less dictates that people notice him less and the "where is Staal" or "What is wrong with Staal" crops up. People forget that one of his biggest compliments was that he was solid and stay at home enough so that you didn't notice him much out there.

Now his lack of offense does not trouble me, because he was held without a point in his rough first 15 or so games, but he has had little to no PP time. Staal was never a point producer and it was only Del Zotto's sending to Hartford and Staal's inheritance of first team PP time that improved his offensive numbers last season.
Totally agree with everything you said. Except he not piling into people like he used to. I would would be tentative myself( next head hit could be his last).

Old
03-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

I agree with this, and I think Staal would be more appreciated if we had a perfect offensive partner for him. Unfortunately, none of our right defensemen are that player. Girardi and Staal are a fine shutdown pair, but neither one really excels against faster players. They can shut down Malkin but they have trouble with very fast teams. Also, I like McDonagh with Girardi because I'd like McDonagh to continue to grow his offensive game. I can't stop seeing flashes of Neidermeyer type rushes from this kid. He has the wheels and the brain for sure. It's just a matter of consistency and keeping his confidence at a high level. If McDonagh and Girardi were our SECOND pair instead of the first, we'll have the best top 4 in the league. Now, the issue is finding that perfect RD for Staal.

Does anyone know is Suter has ever played the right side at even strength? I think he's a good enough player that he could make the transition with minimal hiccups.

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi

Then we could trade Del Zotto in a package for an elite winger and have Erixon and Stralman (who I really think will be re-signed) as the bottom pair, with McIlrath, Bickel, Parlett as injury call-ups from Hartford. No more Eminger or Woywitka.

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller and Thomas for Patrick Sharp? Drool.

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller/Thomas for Loui Eriksson?

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller/Thomas for St. Louis?

Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Kreider Stepan Sharp/Eriksson/St. Louis
Zuccarello Dubinsky/Anisimov Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Stralman
McIlrath
Bickel
Parlett

Lundqvist
Johnson

Old
03-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Machinehead
Get Well Gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I agree with this, and I think Staal would be more appreciated if we had a perfect offensive partner for him. Unfortunately, none of our right defensemen are that player. Girardi and Staal are a fine shutdown pair, but neither one really excels against faster players. They can shut down Malkin but they have trouble with very fast teams. Also, I like McDonagh with Girardi because I'd like McDonagh to continue to grow his offensive game. I can't stop seeing flashes of Neidermeyer type rushes from this kid. He has the wheels and the brain for sure. It's just a matter of consistency and keeping his confidence at a high level. If McDonagh and Girardi were our SECOND pair instead of the first, we'll have the best top 4 in the league. Now, the issue is finding that perfect RD for Staal.

Does anyone know is Suter has ever played the right side at even strength? I think he's a good enough player that he could make the transition with minimal hiccups.

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi

Then we could trade Del Zotto in a package for an elite winger and have Erixon and Stralman (who I really think will be re-signed) as the bottom pair, with McIlrath, Bickel, Parlett as injury call-ups from Hartford. No more Eminger or Woywitka.

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller and Thomas for Patrick Sharp? Drool.

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller/Thomas for Loui Eriksson?

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller/Thomas for St. Louis?

Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Kreider Stepan Sharp/Eriksson/St. Louis
Zuccarello Dubinsky/Anisimov Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Stralman
McIlrath
Bickel
Parlett

Lundqvist
Johnson

What about the PP? We wouldn't have a really good offensive defenseman. Suter is ok, but Weber is the straw that stirs the drink on the PP.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What about the PP? We wouldn't have a really good offensive defenseman. Suter is ok, but Weber is the straw that stirs the drink on the PP.
Erixon is a very good PP QB. Im glad we get to see him play tonight. It may take him a full season or more before he's truly comfortable, but he definitely has that ability in him. Very slick passer and can get a shot through.

And Suter is more than "ok" on the PP, from what I've seen anyway.

I think McDonagh and Staal are good 2nd unit point men, and Stralman likes to bomb away. He's certainly not afraid to shoot, just needs to hit the net more, like most of our defense and most of our entire team does.

Old
03-17-2012, 04:08 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I actually wouldn't mind having Jagr for a year.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Jagr
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
we should have gone after him this year. PP would have been better i bet. Dunno if he would want to sign here or not

Clearly singin has made up his mind about dubs. After how bad this season has been I cant blame him tho i dont agree and think hell get himself together for next season

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 03-17-2012 at 04:20 AM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 04:30 AM
dynamoovechkin

I love Zach Parise, but I don't know how he would fit on this team, plus I am wary of any signing out of NJ, still smarting about that Holik signing...

I would also overpay for Evander Kane. I could see him blossoming into a star with us.

Jagr's old linemate on Omsk Avangard Roman Cervenka- all he does is score and score, and is a big game player too in the playoffs. A little undersized, but lights out offensively.

Is it unrealistic to think Iginla? Just sayin...

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 07:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I don't disagree.

Old
03-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
I don't disagree.
The candy cane would score just as many goals .-.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:26 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

If we're going to give out another long term contract, then it's going to be Parise.

Why would we sign Suster? Obviously he is elite, would help the PP, etc. but we have an abundance of solid d-men already. Our biggest hole is a pure goal scorer on the wing aka Zach Parise. If we're going to sign another big FA, it has to be him. If not, then explore a trade for a guy like Ryan.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:28 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
I love Zach Parise, but I don't know how he would fit on this team, plus I am wary of any signing out of NJ, still smarting about that Holik signing...

I would also overpay for Evander Kane. I could see him blossoming into a star with us.

Jagr's old linemate on Omsk Avangard Roman Cervenka- all he does is score and score, and is a big game player too in the playoffs. A little undersized, but lights out offensively.

Is it unrealistic to think Iginla? Just sayin...
Parise would fit like a glove into this team.

Scorer, hard work ethic, great defensively, etc. I am hesitant though, about handing another big contract, especially to a guy with knee injury history.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
The candy cane would score just as many goals .-.
Might even win a fight or two. Unless Mike Richards is the opponent.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Fanned On It

All I'm saying is nobody over the age of 31... please.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote