HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call up Zuccarello (RECALLED - 3/11)

Old
03-16-2012, 06:22 AM
TigerJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
I think the decision about the rest of his season will be made after saturdays game.

Right now he has 1 point in 3 games, but in these games I feel he's been among the teams top 5 players every game...
In the last games, only Gaborik, Hagelin and Richards has produced anyways. Dubi with a 5 game pointless streak. Ani 3 games, Feds 6 games....

I think Zuke will stay up until Cally is back, even though I think there still should be room for Z when he is back....

A couple Zuccarello-fans interviewed during last night´s game (Look at the video at the bottom of the article) Are anyone of these on this forum?

http://www.tv2.no/sport/ishockey/zuc...e-3734577.html

Last edited by TigerJack: 03-16-2012 at 06:31 AM.
TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
I think the decision about the rest of his season will be made after saturdays game.

Right now he has 1 point in 3 games, but in these games I feel he's been among the teams top 5 players every game...
Kind of like finishing an event in the special olympics.

Noone has played well outside of the Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik line as of late. If Zuccarello gets limited 4th line minutes with ample powerplay time, I have no problem with that. Hes a very creative offensive player. Unfortunately, hes a liability at even strength.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Kind of like finishing an event in the special olympics.

Noone has played well outside of the Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik line as of late. If Zuccarello gets limited 4th line minutes with ample powerplay time, I have no problem with that. Hes a very creative offensive player. Unfortunately, hes a liability at even strength.
Based on the last 3 games?

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:02 AM
cbj21

I think he looked good the few times he played last night, especially at the end of 3rd where Torts put him with Dubi. They created some havoc there. I belive Torts doubble shifted their line and the Richards line a few times.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
In the last games, only Gaborik, Hagelin and Richards has produced anyways. Dubi with a 5 game pointless streak. Ani 3 games, Feds 6 games....

I think Zuke will stay up until Cally is back, even though I think there still should be room for Z when he is back....

A couple Zuccarello-fans interviewed during last night´s game (Look at the video at the bottom of the article) Are anyone of these on this forum?

http://www.tv2.no/sport/ishockey/zuc...e-3734577.html
One could see that he was pretty frustrated with the situation.

For those who don't know what he said, he said(Not directly translated):

Disappointing game by the Rangers(us). When they(we) aren't playing well, they will lose games in the NHL. Didn't get to play too much today, team were not much on the PP and a little bit more on the PK. Crosby looked rusty of course, but obviously one could see that the qualities are there and the Pens are a good team.

Difficult to play when there isn't much time on the ice, but that's how it is. I don't decide that.

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
gorgos

Zuccarello paired with Scott and Rupp during practice today. Mitchell moved up.

gorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgos View Post

Hehe, Wow! Predicting 3 goals from that line tomorrow. It turns out that Scott is a fantastic finisher and finally someone nets Zuccarellos passes Rupp with 2 assists Zuccarello With 1+2 and The Scott with 2 goals. Cant wait

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgos View Post
I see Torts is really putting him in a position to succeed.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Based on the last 3 games?
MZA was a +5 in the AHL despite scoring 36 points. He's -2 in 6 games in the NHL this year. He's fantastic on the PP but hasn't shown the ability to defend 5 on 5.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:09 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
MZA was a +5 in the AHL despite scoring 36 points. He's -2 in 6 games in the NHL this year. He's fantastic on the PP but hasn't shown the ability to defend 5 on 5.
He has been playing limited ES minutes on the lower lines. No one on the lower lines has been scoring so it is not difficult to be a minus player. There have been 3~4 plays that he has made that should have ended up in goals that players just flubbed.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Blueshirt Believer

None of the goals that he has been on the ice for have been because of his lack of defense. Last night, he was one of better forwards in his own end.

Why Mitchell gets promoted is beyond me. I thought he was mediocre last night. If Artie is out, Torts could slot Zuc with Step and Cally and see how they look.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I see Torts is really putting him in a position to succeed.
the lines will move around tomorrow night like always. He looked good on even strength so he will get more and more ice time as he earns it each night

Maineice11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He has been playing limited ES minutes on the lower lines. No one on the lower lines has been scoring so it is not difficult to be a minus player. There have been 3~4 plays that he has made that should have ended up in goals that players just flubbed.
How would you explain his flat +/- in the AHL despite scoring at a high clip? Are all his points on the PP?

Old
03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Old Norse Hockey

Could clearly see it in the game vs Carolina and the game against Peguins, he cannot put the puck in the net! He is a decent playmaker but he isn’t the natural goalscorer. Those scoring chances he had against Carolina and the big chance against Peguins (late in the 3rd) he should had buried them all. No offense to Mats, but that’s not bad luck that’s lack of skill !

He can be a big star in the AHL or in a league like Russian KHL, would fit him much better. I just don’t think he has what it takes to be an NHL player. The key attribute hes missing is strength. And I can’t see how a player who has so much lack of strength can become a regular NHL player.

Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:44 PM
anofsti

Quote:
How would you explain his flat +/- in the AHL despite scoring at a high clip? Are all his points on the PP?
He's been one of the players with the highest TOI too, and he's been used alot defensivly there too. Stuff like that naturaly leads to him getting his share of goals against too.

I think it's baffeling that they promote Mitchell over Zuccarello though, instead of making the fourth line playable for it's purpose, they are making it totaly negatable, and I wonder how tired the top two lines are gonna be come april if they have to log 20+ mins each every match.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Crease

Can someone who actually watched him in the AHL comment on how he looked in his own zone? It's hard to believe that Torts has a vendetta against MZA when this team is struggling to score.

Old
03-16-2012, 03:00 PM
anofsti

Quote:
Can someone who actually watched him in the AHL comment on how he looked in his own zone? It's hard to believe that Torts has a vendetta against MZA when this team is struggling to score.
I did watch many, but he wasn't very noticibal on defense, meaning that he didn't do anything wrong either. He's pretty good at quick takeaways, but I can't find his statistics in this area online.

I don't think Torts have a vendetta, but he obviously don't have confidence in him when its +/- 1 goal. If it's two goals behind and he need goals, Zuccarello is on, like he were against the Pens.

I find it baffeling that he's put on the 4th line with Rupp and Scott during practice though. Should have been on the third with Mitchell and Boyle instead.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
You cant look at things in a vacuum. For most the season Zooks was one of the highest plus minus on that Whale team. Zooks doesnt play goal nor control the other 11 guys on the ice. Brian Leetch had seasons where he had the worst minus on the Rangers team. Did that mean he was a bad player? No it meant he was a good player playing a lot of minutes on not so great defensive team.

Now Ill reverse your question can you explain how Zooks is such a horrible defensive player yet has bever had a negative plus minus?

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 1050
Mitchell moved up? Lol, really?
He had two chances served on a silver platter last night and couldnt score, sure sounds like the right move to me
And just when it seemed like Torts were sort of coming to his senses, haha

Hellion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Two chances that were facilitated by Zuc. I really don't get Torts rational.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
He's still third on the team after Hagelin and Valentenko, yet probably made almost half his points in PP?

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 04:48 AM
Wal

Quote:
Didn't someone mention that Zuc played on PK too? Or did I remember wrong?

Wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 04:54 AM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Two chances that were facilitated by Zuc. I really don't get Torts rational.
He probably believes Zuc is half-aasen his chance at the NHL.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal View Post
Didn't someone mention that Zuc played on PK too? Or did I remember wrong?
In the Whale, yes. Not seen it myself, but people have said that he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
He probably believes Zuc is half-aasen his chance at the NHL.
lol

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:04 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Haven´t seen th latest game because of work and my lil´ son Paul-Oscar. Can somebody write me a lil´ summary about how he looked and played since his call up? Thanks guys!

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote