HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#71 Kings @ Ducks, 3/16/12 ... Post game VICTORY ! ... Thoughts & Tidbits

Old
03-17-2012, 01:52 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
Bingo!!! and he sometimes comes off as disinterested and unprepared and because of that,I never got the feeling that he cared about the Kings and this was just his job.

I mean its Bob and Jim's job to do a game but they show they care about the Kings, I've never gotten that from O'Neal, heck towards the end of Heidi it really seemed like she cared about the Kings, I just don't get that vibe from Patrick

Funny enough, O'Neal has been a Kings fan his whole life, growing up in LA and going to games when he was younger. He's more a fan outside of his job than the others.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:56 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I'm so pissed I had to miss the game. I had my phone by me the whole time, having Gamecenter send me messages every time something happened. I just watched the highlights on nhl.com. WOW, thank god Kopi woke up. That was an amazing shot!

I can't wait for tonight's game. Hopefully they don't let us down.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
The Ice Crew?
them too, if the organization feels they deserve it

Dawdler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:05 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
them too, if the organization feels they deserve it
I met the dude who drives the Zamboni for the Ducks at a bar one time.

He showed me his ring...

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by grncobra76 View Post
http://deepinsidethekings.com/2010/1...eal-kings-fan/

I did not really care for O'neal much before I read that. I think he deserves more credit and respect. He works hard and does a decent job.
That said great win by the boys, and who ever said it was spot on about Stoll's line....scary is right.
Definitely. Most people don't realize, but he has a very tough job. When he took over, he pretty much knew he was going to be hated. But he took it anyway, he is a fan and well... someone has to do it. What can he do to be more interesting? Put Bailey's custom on? The format of his contributon will always make him look a bit... stupid. But so would everyone else from this board. I don't mind him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soft Parade View Post
Too bad he didn't score, highlight reel for sure.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Kopitar was trying score goals tonight as opposed to setting them up. He's at his best as a scorer; not a playmaker. Hopefully he's finally starting to realize that (and the coaching staff as well).

7 shots on goal tonight.
As some have said, unrealistic expectations and I don't mean necessarily you. At this point I read all the "Why can't he always play like this?" as :

- "Why can't he score 80 goals per season, like he scores on my computer?"
It's growing old.

People see a player playing his best game, so they say: "This is his potential. When he doesn't play exactly like that, he is floating. He doesn't WANT to play."

Fans don't realize that they can't expect someone to have 600 shots in season, just because he had 7 in one game. It's a matter of fluctuation, but fluctuation can work both ways. It's just like saying that Usain Bolt is floating every time when he doesn't run below 9.60, just because he has done it before.

Unrealistic Expectations. The main story of the interwebz.

Old
03-17-2012, 02:45 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I think the sequence where Perry falls on his ass and Doughty/Williams execute that 2 on 1 might be one of my favorites all time. Gold. Someone make a gif please.

The kings are consistently creating havoc in the offensive zone and have seem to have found their game. If they continue this it could be some goods times ahead.

No matter what we DESTROYED the ducks this season. That should make any Kings fan happy.

Also, 83-0-6 when leading after two.
Yes, I would rank this real close to the one about 10 years or so ago when the game was in OT and the Kings were short-handed. Kariya fell down at the point and Aaron Miller potted the game winner. That one was real sweet too.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
As some have said, unrealistic expectations and I don't mean necessarily you. At this point I read all the "Why can't he always play like this?" as :

- "Why can't he score 80 goals per season, like he scores on my computer?"
It's growing old.

People see a player playing his best game, so they say: "This is his potential. When he doesn't play exactly like that, he is floating. He doesn't WANT to play."

Fans don't realize that they can't expect someone to have 600 shots in season, just because he had 7 in one game. It's a matter of fluctuation, but fluctuation can work both ways. It's just like saying that Usain Bolt is floating every time when he doesn't run below 9.60, just because he has done it before.

Unrealistic Expectations. The main story of the interwebz.
Thinking he shouldn't have stretches where he goes 21 game with 1 goal is unrealistic? He went the entire month of December with one goal. There's nothing unrealistic about expecting more from him, especially when you know he's capable, and it doesn't have anything to do with what he can or can't do in NHL 12.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Just saw Hayward pull out his ring. What a chump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Can someone get a youtube of this? I'm dying to see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
this
Here ya go ...

Part 1 = http://www.foxsportswest.com/pages/v...sharepermalink {Ring bit in this one}

Part 2 = http://www.foxsportswest.com/pages/v...sharepermalink

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Thinking he shouldn't have stretches where he goes 21 game with 1 goal is unrealistic? He went the entire month of December with one goal. There's nothing unrealistic about expecting more from him, especially when you know he's capable, and it doesn't have anything to do with what he can or can't do in NHL 12.
Unrealistic is "Why can't he play like this every game."

THAT is unrealistic.

To a lesser extent it's also unrealistic to say that he has only few games per season when he plays very well.