Notices

I'm... having... chest... pains! Jets win a thriller over the Caps 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

vCash: 50
I'm laughing my a** off over the threads on the main board - some of those ******** fans should try attending a European football game to hear offensive chants.

I've been to games in about a third the NHL arenas over the course of my lifetime, and some (PHX, Dallas, TO, Vancouver, Calgary and even Minnesota) are like morgues during most of the game. Other buildings, like Detroit, Chicago, Montreal and Winnipeg are a sheer enjoyment to watch games - chanting, booing, taunting the opposing teams, fans of the opposing teams and the officials. Habs fans with the "Na na na na, na na na na, heyyyyyy goodbye!" are the absolute best, and loudest that I've ever heard.

It's so much more fun when the crowd is into the game.

If fans are ******** now, during the regular season, how are they going to react to the Jets "White Out" play-off crowds? Should be priceless.

Count me as a classless Winnipeg hockey fan, who's ususally hoarse and deaf after a home game.

Last edited by DarthMonty: 03-17-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: ninja edit to correct for dyslexia
Old
03-17-2012, 03:11 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
(...)

Count me as a classless Winnipeg hockey fan, who's ususally hoarse and deaf after a home game.
I give your post:

...out of 5 classless Jets fans.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
God I hope the Jets beat the caps in regulation next Friday. The Caps board will melt down.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Agreed, I'm actually really surprised at some of the reactions. You can't tell me that Caps fans (for example) wouldn't love to get a good Cheer or Jeer going?! I suspect they are hating simply because we are louder and they know they can't come close. I honestly hope they try after the beat down they got last night, it would make games so much more fun! I for one wouldn't have it any other way. Love how you guys are! I hope to catch a game next season, it's my next life goal

Old
03-17-2012, 04:00 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
I honestly hope they try after the beat down they got last night, it would make games so much more fun! I for one wouldn't have it any other way. Love how you guys are! I hope to catch a game next season, it's my next life goal
Devils fans did that to us after we trolled Brodeur in our building and it was good to see

Old
03-17-2012, 05:07 PM
blueandgoldguy

Jets did a great job of limiting the Caps scoring opportunities last night. That and I really didn't get a sense of urgency from the Caps players. They seemed to play conservative most of the night.

Nice pass by Kane on the game-winning goal. He's learning to pass instead of doing everything himself. Hopefully a sign to things to come!

Anyone think Stuart will get a suspension for that hit on Johanssen. IMO, it's "borderline hit" but I don't think he will be suspended. Hit the player in the collarbone not the head, did not leave his feet, and it happened a split second after Joh' passed off the puck.

Need to go 7 - 3 - 1 the rest of the way to reach 91 points, the number I believe will get us in the playoffs. Let's take care of Dallas tomorrow night boys!

GO JETS!

Edit: Just noticed that Stuart was given a fine, no suspension. Caps fans must be ranting about this right now!

Last edited by blueandgoldguy: 03-17-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: update
Old
03-17-2012, 06:09 PM
jigglysquishy

My second Jets game last night.

Best sports atmosphere I've ever experienced (I say that as a Rider fan). The Crosby's better chant was pure joy to be a part of.

The Clitsome hip check on Ovi literally had me jump out of my seat.

We played pretty damn good. It should have been 5-2 if not for posts.

The Jets Jumbo dog is the best hot dog I've ever had. Seriously. Perogies on hot dogs? Awesome

Old
03-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Huffer

There are so many children on this website it's pathetic. At least I hope some of these posters are children because if they are not it's even more pathetic. The level of whining, and hyperbole in the main boards and on the Caps GDT is epic.

Anyone who thinks Jets fans are somehow entitled, or obnoxious, just because we cheer loud really either needs to get their head examined, or needs to really grow up.

It's really something that every visiting player that comes to play in Winnipeg has nothing but excellent things to say, and that is even the ones that have been booed the most (Bryzgalov, Pronger, and now OV). The only people in the world who are upset enough to cry about it are the children on HF.

Old
03-17-2012, 07:04 PM
teucer

Most of the players we boo'd have accepted it and enjoy it. I'd rather cheer and jeer than glue my eyes to a blackberry like some fan bases.

OV last night in the post games said basically that he likes that kind of stuff. Their fans just need to accept it, and move on.

The reffing has been inconsistent but every team gets it.

Another thing is... why did no caps player stick up for Johansson?

Should go like this

Old
03-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
There are so many children on this website it's pathetic. At least I hope some of these posters are children because if they are not it's even more pathetic. The level of whining, and hyperbole in the main boards and on the Caps GDT is epic.

Anyone who thinks Jets fans are somehow entitled, or obnoxious, just because we cheer loud really either needs to get their head examined, or needs to really grow up.

It's really something that every visiting player that comes to play in Winnipeg has nothing but excellent things to say, and that is even the ones that have been booed the most (Bryzgalov, Pronger, and now OV). The only people in the world who are upset enough to cry about it are the children on HF.
[/hatersgonnahate.jpg/]

Seriously, I get more of a chuckle out of it than anything. We're back in the bigs now, and with it comes some drama and high-stakes games. I'll take being called classless jerks by people from across the continent, knowing that deep down they envy the passion our crowd shows. Sure beats the heck out of sitting through a meaningless Manitoba vs. Peoria game in the middle of February, where there isn't a hint of bad blood or rivalry.

Old
03-17-2012, 07:32 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

24 hours later and the Caps/Jets GDT on their board is still going strong with the crying.

Old
03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
SCP Guy

We are doing our jobs folks .....getting into the heads of other teams players and fans....keep it up!!!!!!!

Old
03-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Hank Chinaski

Continue in the pre-game thread.

Closed Thread