Notices

Hurricanes @ Jets Sunday March 18th

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2012, 03:21 PM
sixty minute hockey

vCash: 500
Hurricanes @ Jets Sunday March 18th

This game doesn't seem to have as much hype as the last but we still need to get a win here nonetheless.

Update on Bogosian's injury:
Quote:
Jets coach Claude Noel said this morning that defenceman Zach Bogosian, who has missed the last five games with a lower-body injury, is likely a player Sunday night against the Canes.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...143056246.html

Go Jets Go!

Last edited by sixty minute hockey: 03-17-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old
03-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Tintin's Ghost

I personally would like to hear a JORDAN'S BETTER chant going towards Staal. Do a little science experiment here and see if Carolina fans are as soft as some of the Caps' fans.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:28 PM
sixty minute hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
I personally would like to hear a JORDAN'S BETTER chant going towards Staal. Do a little science experiment here and see if Carolina fans are as soft as some of the Caps' fans.
I'd rather just stick to booing him extra louder . I've got no beef with Eric or the Carolina fans.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Have to make sure the Jets keep the same level of intensity as last night.

It will be great to get Bogo back. Hasiney and Clitsome have been playing pretty well, so would you put Bogo with Stuart, or would you put Bogo with Hainsey, and have Stuart and Clitsome as the 5/6?

Not that I like injuries or suspensions, but we are getting a break with Skinners suspension.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:32 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I hope the crowd chants "Hartford Whalers"

Old
03-17-2012, 03:34 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I hope the crowd chants "Hartford Whalers"
Now that is classless

We should be the last ones to say anything like that.

I hate when those a hole leafs kept calling us the thrashers

Old
03-17-2012, 03:38 PM
sixty minute hockey

Another note this game will be a back to back for Carolina. That's good news for us.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Bogo back is huge. Who draws out? Jones or Clitsome? Or Hainsey after that giveaway to Perrault and bad penalty late. This is a pretty good dilemma to have.

Intensity required from the start. Home crowd and the fact that the Caps game in Chicago ends 90 minutes earlier (I assume they do out of town updates at MTS) should keep the boys gunning.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Canes just beat Minny 5-3. Skinner is out with a suspension (tomorrow too) but they had Drayson Bowman in his place and that kid lit it up with a couple of nice goals. Boucher started too, so we probably face Ward and can steal games. Jets better not rely on Carolina being tired...

Old
03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Bogo back is huge. Who draws out? Jones or Clitsome? Or Hainsey after that giveaway to Perrault and bad penalty late. This is a pretty good dilemma to have.
Jones should obviously be out, Clitsome has been too good. Jones plays safe and doesn't try to do too much, which is good, but he doesn't bring any of the abilities that Clitsome has shown so far. Jones is soft for his size, he's slow and he doesn't bring much offensively. Unless Clitsome starts showing us some monumental mental errors, I think Clitsome is solidly ahead of Jones on the depth chart.

My assessment of Clitsome could be entirely wrong long-term because it's based only on his limited time with the Jets and he did get waived by an awful team recently, but with the way he's playing right now it should be a no-brainer. Unless he starts to show why he was waived I can't see any reason to play Jones over him. His time on ice and the match-ups he's had (i.e. Ovechkin last night) show that Noel has more faith in him already than in Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
It will be great to get Bogo back. Hasiney and Clitsome have been playing pretty well, so would you put Bogo with Stuart, or would you put Bogo with Hainsey, and have Stuart and Clitsome as the 5/6?
I haven't liked the Bogo-Hainsey pairing much in the past, I think both the Hainsey-Clitsome and Bogo-Stuart pairings have shown much more chemistry. Playing with Stuart seems to bring out the nastiness in Bogo's game and that will be needed even more as things tighten up toward the end of the season. Clitsome is working out tremendously with Hainsey IMO and there's no need to force the new guy to adjust even more by changing his defensive partner.

If Stuart can't handle the minutes Bogo should be getting, and I don't think he can, pair Bogo with Enstrom for a few shifts, particularly on the PP.

Old
03-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post

If Stuart can't handle the minutes Bogo should be getting, and I don't think he can, pair Bogo with Enstrom for a few shifts, particularly on the PP.

My thoughts as well. I think for the first few games they need to put Bogo with Stu and limit his minutes so to not re-aggravate this disgusting injury he has been suffering from.

They can't repeat the formula of rushing him back in and playing 20+ minutes right off the bat because it's only caused repercussions.

So for now I say you go with:

Enstrom-Buff
Hainsey-Clitsome
Stuart-Bogosian

Once Zach becomes healthy again and is capable of top 4 minutes, I say you return him to the top 4 with Hainsey because regardless of their chemistry Stuart can not handle that type of workload.

So after that:

Enstrom-Buff
Hainsey-Bogo
Stuart-Clitsome

Last edited by Lynk: 03-17-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old
03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
So some (myself included) had concerns within the last week why we didn't recall a forward from St. John's to give us 13 instead of just 12.

With Fehr not playing tomorrow vs. Carolina, I wonder what we will do? Recall a forward (Machacek, Cormier, Klingberg, etc) or if we will go with 11 forwards and 7 defenseman?

I really hope we recall a forward so we can continue to roll 4 lines. It has been effective for us lately, I don't think a defenseman playing forward will be as effective. With Bogosian back, it would likely be Jones.

Please, call up a forward, Jets.

03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
So some (myself included) had concerns within the last week why we didn't recall a forward from St. John's to give us 13 instead of just 12.

With Fehr not playing tomorrow vs. Carolina, I wonder what we will do? Recall a forward (Machacek, Cormier, Klingberg, etc) or if we will go with 11 forwards and 7 defenseman?

I really hope we recall a forward so we can continue to roll 4 lines. It has been effective for us lately, I don't think a defenseman playing forward will be as effective. With Bogosian back, it would likely be Jones.

After they did the 7 dmen in Calgary I remember Noel saying he wouldn't be doing that again. I'd like to see Kingberg get a look.

Also I see Carolina has won two in a row, in my books that's a streak.

Old
03-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post

Is Fehr confirmed to be out? I saw in the 2nd Fehr got hurt right in front of us on an ackward looking hit, went straight to the bench, looked like shoulder again. He walked straight down the hall and threw his glove all the way down the corridor, he was VISIBLY pissed right off. We figured for sure he rehurt his shoulder and though that mighta been his season but he returned later in the game.

It's really too bad, he has looked very very good since coming back from the string of healthy scratches, to the point where if they'd had an extra forward I would have kept him in over Miettinen or Stapleton.

We need a RWer that hits, good defensively, maybe chip in some offense, and works hard. My preference is Machacek, but Cormier would work as well (if he plays wing). Leave Klingberg down getting big offensive minutes.

Old
03-17-2012, 05:44 PM
sixty minute hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Is Fehr confirmed to be out? ...
From the same article:
Quote:
Not likely in the lineup Sunday is right-winger Eric Fehr, who has an upper-body injury that is not a recurrence of the shoulder problem that kept him out of the first seven weeks of the regular season.
Just like Bogo's status it isn't for sure, it's not likely.

Old
03-17-2012, 05:45 PM
pondnorth

Cormier fits the gst line and the other lines aren`t effected.Not the time to start changing all the lines to fit one new guy in.Klingberg is not the checking line type so he won`t fit with Slater and Glass.He will get his chance but why put him in a situation that could go bad for him.When an offensive type player goes down he will be the go to guy with a good chance to succeed instead of a awkward situation where he can`t help the team.

Old
03-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
@KellyMooreCJOB: With Eric Fehr unable to go for tomorrow night vs Carolina as per #nhljets coach Claude Noel, there would seem to be 2 options. 1/2
Quote:
@KellyMooreCJOB: Either #nhljets go with 7 d & 11 fwds or they call fwd up from STJ tonight or tomorrow am. Mahacek or Klingberg?
I agree with you, Holden, I would recall Machacek or Cormier.

Old
03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Is Fehr confirmed to be out? I saw in the 2nd Fehr got hurt right in front of us on an ackward looking hit, went straight to the bench, looked like shoulder again. He walked straight down the hall and threw his glove all the way down the corridor, he was VISIBLY pissed right off.
They showed that on TV too, my heart broke for him a little bit, never seen a Jet look that frustrated this season. It was good to see him back, glad to hear it's not the same shoulder issue (or at least so they say).

Old
03-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Spencer Machacek not in the lineup today for St. John's...

Old
03-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
I am hoping that means he's getting called up. I have always liked the guy and hope he can run with this opportunity.

03-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
If it's because he is on his way to Winnipeg (likely), then I really like this.

Old
03-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Well Spencer deserves the shot more than anyone, so let's hope.

Old
03-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Well, definitely a sign that he's on his way if he's not in the lineup. I'm excited to see him play again.

03-17-2012, 06:40 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I guess I didn't really think the whole Hartford Whalers thing through. I didn't mean for it to be vicious or anything.

To be honest, it's hard to find a reason to hate the Canes. I don't know if they had history with Thrashers, but this year we've won most of our games against them with our backup in net.

Old
03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
sixty minute hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I guess I didn't really think the whole Hartford Whalers thing through. I didn't mean for it to be vicious or anything.

To be honest, it's hard to find a reason to hate the Canes. I don't know if they had history with Thrashers, but this year we've won most of our games against them with our backup in net.
No need to hate the Canes, just gotta love the Jets
All it means is more room for "Go Jets Go" and other cheers.

Closed Thread