HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philly and Van possible trading partners?

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
Philly and Van possible trading partners?

Philly is looking for goal scoring and Vancouver is looking for some defensive help.

How about Bertuzzi and McCarthy for Carter (or) Richards and Therien. If we have to toss in a mid-level draft pick we could.

While Bertuzzi may not look like he has upside for a decent trade return a guy like Clarke, I am assuming, would covet getting a player like Bertuzzi.

Carter and Richards were promised to be the next saviors of Philly (and let's not kid ourselves, they are good players) but they haven't exactly lit the NHL on fire this year. So one of them could be trade bait. I personally like Carter over Richards because I know Carter can play the same side as Bertuzzi.

Therien would look great as our #5 guy and getting McCarthy back for Philly just gives them more defensive depth.

Thoughts?

Old
02-12-2006, 10:54 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 500
Therien's the kind of depth guy we're likely to get, but he's slow and not worth much. Was traded last (couple years ago) for a 3rd rounder, so his value would only be lower than that now. McCarthy is arguably a fair trade (which doesn't say much for his value) -- but don't see why Philly would want him over Therien, not much of a Clarke player.

As for Bert for one of those other guys, we lose on that deal (maybe not by much), and ....are we re-building now? Don't know that a promising 20 year old is going to fit into our top line and help us contend soon...

Old
02-12-2006, 12:45 PM
clay

If we were going to make a trade like that with Philly, I would want Rathje or Hatcher in return. So:

To Philadelphia: Brendan Morrison, Todd Bertuzzi, Steve McCarthy, 1st rounder

To Vancouver: Derian Hatcher, Mike Richards, Sami Kapanen

Sedin-Sedin-Carter
Naslund-Richards-Kapanen
Cooke-Kesler-Ruutu
Bouck-Linden-Park

Salo-Ohlund
Hatcher-Bieksa
Allen-Baumgartner

Old
02-12-2006, 12:46 PM
clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan

As for Bert for one of those other guys, we lose on that deal (maybe not by much), and ....are we re-building now? Don't know that a promising 20 year old is going to fit into our top line and help us contend soon...
I don't know about that. Richards is just a better version of Kesler, and Kesler is looking awsome out there.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Bring Back Krajicek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay
If we were going to make a trade like that with Philly, I would want Rathje or Hatcher in return. So:

To Philadelphia: Brendan Morrison, Todd Bertuzzi, Steve McCarthy, 1st rounder

To Vancouver: Derian Hatcher, Mike Richards, Sami Kapanen

Sedin-Sedin-Carter
Naslund-Richards-Kapanen
Cooke-Kesler-Ruutu
Bouck-Linden-Park

Salo-Ohlund
Hatcher-Bieksa
Allen-Baumgartner
Can't Kapanen fill in on D as well?

Old
02-12-2006, 01:10 PM
clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan1406
No.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Bring Back Krajicek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay
No.
i'm pretty sure he can fill in if needed. at least that's what i thought.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Rover*

Considering the flyers fans hate therien and have an I hate therien website up, I think I'll pass on him.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:33 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
oly way id do this as a flyers fan is bertuzzi for therien. we dont want your scraps. unless its scrap for scrap

Old
02-12-2006, 01:51 PM
TheKingPin

that trade will never happen in a million years. Nice try. I say the only way you get richards or carter is for Naslund, and that will never happen...(unless foppa asks lol)

Old
02-12-2006, 03:36 PM
west in the east

holy over-rating batman... Naz for richards or carter? youre joking, right?

Old
02-12-2006, 03:41 PM
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE

Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
um, flyers fan here and, um, NO!

Old
02-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
i'm pretty sure he can fill in if needed. at least that's what i thought.
He played defence when they were decimated (5 injuries) for a few games, but he is not a defenceman.

Old
02-12-2006, 03:45 PM
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE

Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
Quote:
he played some D for us in the '04 playoffs, when injuries had saddled us with 3 NHL defenseman...he also plays the point on our injury hampered team...if you lose two defenseman in a game he can slide back...oh and by the way, i don't know why i'm telling you people this, because we'll never, ever give him up...he is a flyer for life (2.5 seasons) and at this point, I can't see him playing much more beyond one or two seasons

Old
02-12-2006, 05:51 PM
JohnnyW10

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyW10
ya I remember Kapanen fillin in on D for a bit, IMO i would not give up Carter or Richards, there too valuable to the future depth of that franchise. Espeically I wont trade good hard working young canadians for a scrub like bertuzzi who decides when he wants to put in a effort.

Old
02-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Mizral

Hm.. in the playoffs, who do you want?

One of the most potentially dominating power forwards in the game? Or..

Frickin' Jeff Carter.

Peter, I understand you like many think Todd Bertuzzi is the worst thing on skates. However, please use some judgement here. Do you really not think Bertuzzi, in big games, is going to stink it up for every playoff game? Do you honestly feel that Bertuzzi is so bad, that he will become a detriment in the post-season? Because that is how bad you'd have to think he is to actually even consider this deal at the best of times.

Once more, all I can say is how silly posts like these are going to look come the post-season. All one can really do is throw up their hands in despair. How anyone can think Bertuzzi has been that terrible this year is beyond me. He has certainly not been a Hart candidate, but he has been far from a detriment. Likely one of the top 5 players on the club, and certainly in some of our bigger games, one of the top 3.

Old
02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson

Frickin' Jeff Carter.

Peter, I understand you like many think Todd Bertuzzi is the worst thing on skates. However, please use some judgement here. Do you really not think Bertuzzi, in big games, is going to stink it up for every playoff game? Do you honestly feel that Bertuzzi is so bad, that he will become a detriment in the post-season? Because that is how bad you'd have to think he is to actually even consider this deal at the best of times.

Once more, all I can say is how silly posts like these are going to look come the post-season. All one can really do is throw up their hands in despair. How anyone can think Bertuzzi has been that terrible this year is beyond me. He has certainly not been a Hart candidate, but he has been far from a detriment. Likely one of the top 5 players on the club, and certainly in some of our bigger games, one of the top 3.
only if cups and scoring titles were based on potential and potentially dominant performances...

Bertuzzi is a lazy player who can credit most of his points to being on the PP for almost two full minutes, and playing with Naslund. He has been our best player in maybe 1 or 2 games this year, and our worst in quite a few more.

He may have the same effect on the team some nights as Ruutu (say they played equally as good/bad), but unfortunately for him, Ruutu does not rake in 5.3 big ones.

Old
02-12-2006, 06:51 PM
JohnnyW10

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyW10
Quote:

Frickin' Jeff Carter.

I like how people on here are still basing Bertuzzi trade value on how good he "might be" or how good he "can be", because we all know how good Bertuzzi "will be." Seriousely he has shown that he no longer wants to compete at that high level anymore like in the 02-03 season, this isnt just this year it was last year too. When someone loses there desire for something, it doesnt matter how good they have the ability to be, he just doesnt care anymore. If you call coasting around the ice, not going to the net, taking lazy penalties dominating:S then im confused. There is no on-off button in this league unless you want to pull a Vince Carter, you think just because its the playoffs hes gonna be a dynamite MVP calibre peformer, Please!!!, lets hop of the Bertuzzi Fanboy Wagon and get back to reality

Old
02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Peter

Quote:

Frickin' Jeff Carter.

Actually you are wrong. I love Bertuzzi (in a platonic way ). However, I am also a realist. We need defence. We need another goalie. Bertuzzi has looked disinterested and lost almost half of the games he has played in. The other half he has played great. We will need contract wiggle room in the off season. Bertuzzi, IMO, has trade value. Move Bertuzzi, get some help for our playoffs and also create room to sign the Sedins and Carter who, IMO, will be our number one line next season. And if we can land a young, soon to be NHL power foward in the process (nee Jeff Carter) then hell yes - I am all over this deal.

Old
02-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
If Nonis ends up convincing someone else to trade for Bertuzzi and his goal in the trade is to upgrade the Canucks defense, then I hope to hell he gets someone better than Chris Therien in return.

Old
02-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Perhaps it will be this post that looks silly come the end of the playoffs and Bertuzzi has stunk up the joint yet AGAIN. Bertuzzi has virtually floated his way through this season and to think he's just going to turn it on for the playoffs is, in my opinion, wishful thinking. He's done nothing to make me think he's going to do anything but float around the perimiter trying to make cute plays, take bad penalties at inopportune times, go offside on far too many rushes and complain about every single valid call made against him. Bertuzzi is by nature an undisciplined player and he's not going to change when the playoffs come around.
It's also hard not to be one of our "top 5" players when you get all the ice time you can handle, full PP duties and having Naslund and Crawford your biggest allies, yet he still manages to underachieve.
I really don't like bashing on Bertuzzi because he does have a ton of skill and I'm sure he doesn't want to be a floating, headcase that costs his team. I believe that as long as Crawford is at the helm there will be no accountability for the premier players on our team. You can't tell me that if Bertuzzi (or any other star player)were in Calgary he would get away with his lackadasical style under Darryl Sutter. He'd be sitting in the press box until he showed some desire and discipline. THAT is why Calgary is better than we are, and will continue to be better than we are.

Old
02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
deathbear

argh

WHY??

bertuzzi's not gonna be traded this year. summer at the earliest and EVERYONE knows it.

what's the point? what am i missing?

Old
02-13-2006, 12:25 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
"We need defence."

Then Chris Therien is not your man!

Old
02-13-2006, 09:26 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbear
argh

WHY??

bertuzzi's not gonna be traded this year. summer at the earliest and EVERYONE knows it.

what's the point? what am i missing?
nothing... still doesn't stop people from making proposals.

I agree though, Bertuzzi is not going to be dealt, and personally I prefer talking about plausible trade suggestions/rumours... but there are enough people on these boards that will want to talk about things that won't happen, that you cant' really do anything about it...

Old
02-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
"We need defence."

Then Chris Therien is not your man!
Do we have a #5 guy better than Therien right now? With playoff experience?
No.

Closed Thread