HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#71 - 03.17.2012 | Colorado Avalanche @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Rangerfan4life90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post

wat
You may not want to be in here right now, just a friendly warning

Old
03-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

We're going to the playoffs, we're in a good position. Whatever happens, happens. I through worrying about this team.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
did you think this team would have around 10 games left and be leading the East in pts? It makes me made seeing people jump off the wagon then on it again.

The Avs G stole the game. It happens. Hank does it all the time and this time the got a taste of their own medicine
I did not expect first place with ten games left, however I knew, not expected, this team lacks offensive talent and would struggle to score goals and be the downfall come playoff time

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
yup, it's not looking too good right now... getting shut out by a hot goalie is one thing, but in light of how we're sputtering like now they look like they lost their edge. they have for the past month.
My point is that there's still a ton of time to turn this thing around. Hell, we win 3 games next week and suddenly the homestand was 5-2.

It isn't panic time.

Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
He shouldn't try to stand him up though, Bickel had no support. Going for a hit is stupidly risky in that scenario. What he should have done was stayed in the middle, and give him the outside. The problem is he bit, and shifted himself to the outside and gave up the middle. I still think there was a 70 percent chance that the guy was going to score anyways.

As I said the person to blame in on that goal was the dude who feel down in the neutral zone. He is the main culprit of that goal.
I never played defense, but when I was caught defending, I would just try to steer the attacker where I wanted. I figure if I keep the inside, he pretty much has to use speed to go to the outside, and if I keep my eyes on his chest he is not going undress me.
Pokechecks have their place, but body position is better.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:07 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

So no post game thread?

This sucks. I know the Giants won the Superbowl but they're a specialty team; only play once a week for 4.5 months at most.

Can this team just win the bloody Division for once? It's not asking for much. 17 years, geez.

I like Bickel but as nothing more than a 7th DMan. I've had enough of him this year.

Old
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post

wat
Tough loss for us in here, for your sanity you might want to avoid this thread, people will be saying things that are completely false about the avs.

Old
MDL8981

We're 7-7-2 since that home loss to Chicago i.e the 4 goal 1st period in which the defense shockingly made several mistakes. I remember thinking "wow what a fluke that was" since our D had been so good prior to that.

Who would have thought it would be a sign of things to come.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

Missed the game, how did Erixon do?

And did Staal get benched? 14 minutes damn.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
So no post game thread?
Feel free to make one. Must be the first game since i started following this site there isnt one!

Old
03-17-2012, 09:09 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
We're 7-7-2 since that home loss to Chicago i.e the 4 goal 1st period in which the defense shockingly made several mistakes. I remember thinking "wow what a fluke that was" since our D had been so good prior to that.

I'm totally taking fault for this I cut my hair for a potential job interview when I vowed not to until the season ended. The job interview was a bust and that's how things have gone around here lately

Old
03-17-2012, 09:11 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Varlamov OWNS the Rangers!!

What the ****ING ****!?

Old
03-17-2012, 09:11 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Missed the game, how did Erixon do?

And did Staal get benched? 14 minutes damn.
Although most will say Erixon is fine, he can scare the crap out of you with his total panic. I did not feel good about it at all. After that, I never saw anything like that from him again, which is good.
If you are going to watch the game in replay, you will probably see it. I am not trying to be overly alarming, simply pointing out a fact.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:12 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:

The Rangers are starting to look like last year's team (win a few, lose a few, mostly competitive). Going into the season I thought the PP would improve and the team would enter the elite status. What were they 0-5 (tonite). Thus, another loss.

Can we have the overachieving poll now?

Old
03-17-2012, 09:13 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
My point is that there's still a ton of time to turn this thing around. Hell, we win 3 games next week and suddenly the homestand was 5-2.

It isn't panic time.
not panicking, but starting to get concerned. a bad game happens.
getting shutout happens. This team is finding ways to lose now, Lundqvist looks like he's losing focus (just in time for the post season), Biron has been shaky, defense losing games for us left and right, scoring drying up and powerplay going to new heights of fail

Old
03-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I never played defense, but when I was caught defending, I would just try to steer the attacker where I wanted. I figure if I keep the inside, he pretty much has to use speed to go to the outside, and if I keep my eyes on his chest he is not going undress me.
Pokechecks have their place, but body position is better.
You are 100 percent correct.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

They weren't playing great defense before that. What bothers me about this game is that we played good defense for the most part. How many great chances did the Avs have? But this defense should be good enough to finish the deal and get a shutout. This may have been their best defense effort since the Devils game. But in that game they finished. This game they didn't. This should have been a 1-0 win, with the way the offense played and the way the defense played most of the game. At worst should have been a 2-1 SO loss. But we didn't even get 1 point.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:15 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

bye bye 1 seed. Time to hit the panic button?

Old
03-17-2012, 09:16 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
The Rangers are starting to look like last year's team (win a few, lose a few, mostly competitive). Going into the season I thought the PP would improve and the team would enter the elite status. What were they 0-5 (tonite). Thus, another loss.

Can we have the overachieving poll now?
What do you mean? I made one already and it was like 75%, yes we are.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Although most will say Erixon is fine, he can scare the crap out of you with his total panic. I did not feel good about it at all. After that, I never saw anything like that from him again, which is good.
If you are going to watch the game in replay, you will probably see it. I am not trying to be overly alarming, simply pointing out a fact.
He only made one ill advised pass that almost lead to a big scoring chance. Other than that he was fine. Looked very solid and smooth in moving the puck.

Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Cause we might get the 4th seed? How many times in years past would you kill for the 4 seed?

Old
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
All right, maybe I'm a bit too tough on the defense, but Lundqvist played well enough to get a shutout. He wasn't spectacular but with the offense applying the pressure and Lundqvist making the saves he needs to make, this defense could have pitched a shutout. We have ten shutouts on the season total, it's not asking TOO much. Not one chance that we had on Varlamov was as good as the chances that the Avs had today. This defense needs to nut up. The offense didn't do a great job, but Varlamov put on an amazing performance. The defense could have reminded us that we're one of the best defensive teams in the league and pitched a shutout.
What are you talking about? We hit a few posts and then Varlamov got ridiculously lucky on Dubinsky's chance, knocking it back into himself with the shaft of his stick without even realizing it. Otherwise, Dubi has a tap-in. We had a ton of chances, Varlamov just stood on his head.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Panic?!

Losing the #1 conference makes you panic?

Panic for me is trying to keep or win the 8th spot with 10 games to go. That is panic.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:19 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Cause we might get the 4th seed? How many times in years past would you kill for the 4 seed?
Well, I'm just playing Devil's advocate, for starters, but things are different this year.

Expectations were set, and we're getting cold at the worst time of the year. I'm a bit worried, not gonna lie.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Ail
k.

Why is everyone berating Colorado? They have a pretty damn talented team on paper and give the youngest team in the league a year or two, and they'll be winning their division.

Varlamov is not as bad as people are saying he is either. No, he is not Lundqvist you spoiled brats, but he is a legitimate NHL #1.