HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose in shootout. Get a Point. Everyone is pissed.

Old
03-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
How the eff did the Wild go from 1 to 28 in 2 months???

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:19 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
How the eff did the Wild go from 1 to 28 in 2 months???
I dunno but RC should find out and replicate!

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Ya "20ish games" is like a lifetime, lets get rid of him because after "20ish games" on a new team he should practically be the captain.
29 games isn't enough to give us an indication of what kinda of player we have? He hasn't been effective at all and brings even less grit to our team than Kostitsyn.

Don't act like there's nothing to be worried about since it isn't uncommon for guys to hit the wall permanently. See Hagman after being traded to the Flames. Boyes to a lesser extent.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I'm not pissed. Every game in which Markov's knee doesn't blow up is a good night for us ! A loss in regulation is a GREAT night

Bourque is really playing awful hockey. I wish RC wouldn't have given him the opportunity for a free-bee GWG : work a little during the game and earn a goal for a change.
Don't know enough about Holland to completely trash the trade, but he really is an awful asset to have acquired

If Markov is really back to is old self, our top4 should be nice next season with improved PK and Emelin plus human-puck-vacuum-Gorges

Until then, tank baby, tank !

edit : been wanting to try one of those : best I can do is #takeadipforFilip excusez-là
Winning deterred for forsberg

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Winning deterred for forsberg
That's horrible

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Lshap

There I was at the game, in my Beliveau jersey, having to fight the urge to cheer for the Islanders. I kept looking for someone in the stands - anyone - who had that same 'big picture' look, someone secretly hoping the Isles would hop over us in the standings to help our draft ranking. But no, everyone else looked caught up in the moment; it appeared to be just me, so I sat there and drummed my fingers on the railing and quietly cursed when it went into OT.

The Bourque thing was half-half. Lots of audible boos mixed in with the excited roar -- easy to hear only what you wanted to hear. I wasn't impressed with his play, though he did seem to be trying harder. I agree with those saying it's become a mental issue with him.

Hard to say what's up with DD. He had some nice moments, didn't look hurt, but seems to be in a mini dry spell.

I like Leblanc and think these low-pressure games will help his development. He could be a solid 3rd line winger next year (yes, I know some think he's a centre).

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:30 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
29 games isn't enough to give us an indication of what kinda of player we have? He hasn't been effective at all and brings even less grit to our team than Kostitsyn.

Don't act like there's nothing to be worried about since it isn't uncommon for guys to hit the wall permanently. See Hagman after being traded to the Flames. Boyes to a lesser extent.
No I agree getting traded to a team fighting for a lottery pick is a great motivator. Funny how the same "brain trust" who rip on kaberle are moving onto bourque. No wonder habs fans are so widely laughed at, know something about the game please.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Beakermania*

Isles will draft a Dman, Minny should go D but I'm worried about them as they could go BPA too.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
habtastic

Quote:
No I agree getting traded to a team fighting for a lottery pick is a great motivator. Funny how the same "brain trust" who rip on kaberle are moving onto bourque. No wonder habs fans are so widely laughed at, know something about the game please.
Oh no!! Is that true? People laugh at us? Only us? Cuz we think Bourque has been crappy when in reality he's been extremely crappy?

The guy has had goals on his stick multiple times and has been horrible at passing. Pleks is dragging him around the ice.

Why is it funny (i.e. if anything it makes more sense) that people who rip on kaberle rip on Bourque. They have higher standards. I think Karberle,given what we expected has been less bad than Bourque. I wouldn't boo the guy in a SO, but he better turn his game around, cuz aside from the 2/3 SO goals, he suckkkkkkkks. If we had won off of that SO goal, it would be the ultimate slap in the face. If we had kept AK, we'd be battling for 10th in the conference. In the end the Cammy trade's highest value might actually be at the draft this year.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:53 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I'm not pissed. Every game in which Markov's knee doesn't blow up is a good night for us ! A loss in regulation is a GREAT night

Bourque is really playing awful hockey. I wish RC wouldn't have given him the opportunity for a free-bee GWG : work a little during the game and earn a goal for a change.
Don't know enough about Holland to completely trash the trade, but he really is an awful asset to have acquired

If Markov is really back to is old self, our top4 should be nice next season with improved PK and Emelin plus human-puck-vacuum-Gorges

Until then, tank baby, tank !

edit : been wanting to try one of those : best I can do is #takeadipforFilip excusez-là
makes sense...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Flames fans warned us about lazy disinterested Bourque.

Old
03-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Oddly enough, at the time of the trade both the Flames and Habs were 11th in their conferences. Motivation is proving your old team wrong for trading you. You know what else is a great motivator? A long term contract for a player with a reputation of having a low drive.

Who are these people laughing at us for spouting opinions like disliking the play of Kaberle and Bourque with the team? I wonder who'd get more ridicule, the people saying these players are playing poorly and not good future pieces or the people claiming otherwise.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:59 PM
No Style Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
makes sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Anyone else agree that Subban is the best skating defenceman in the league or at least up there. Hes so fluid when he skates with the puck
He is a treat to watch, he is the most exciting Habs player and has been for two years now. God help management if they ever trade this guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Hunger strike - cancelled

HABS LOSE

3rd still in reach...
Everyone was so worried...

No Style Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:59 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Flames fans warned us about lazy disinterested Bourque.
they really should have emphasized the degree

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:00 PM
pine*

Quote:
makes sense...
He's talking about Bourque as being the terrible asset, not Holland...

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:04 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
He's talking about Bourque as being the terrible asset, not Holland...
re-read... the name in that sentence is Holland, not Bourque.

Old
03-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Oddly enough, at the time of the trade both the Flames and Habs were 11th in their conferences. Motivation is proving your old team wrong for trading you. You know what else is a great motivator? A long term contract for a player with a reputation of having a low drive.

Who are these people laughing at us for spouting opinions like disliking the play of Kaberle and Bourque with the team? I wonder who'd get more ridicule, the people saying these players are playing poorly and not good future pieces or the people claiming otherwise.
When Bourque was a total no show for the game in Calgary I lost my patience with him. I figured if he cant motivate himself for that game, we are screwed here.

Old
03-17-2012, 11:15 PM
pine*

Quote:
re-read... the name in that sentence is Holland, not Bourque.
Yes I know the wording in the sentence, but I'm still almost certain that he was referring to Bourque, because imo, there is practically no reason to bash Holland as is.

But I can see how his sentence slash paragraph structure could have led to confusion. And I do understand that I may be totally off base with my analysis here.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Ya "20ish games" is like a lifetime, lets get rid of him because after "20ish games" on a new team he should practically be the captain.
If you can read correctly, my comment was mostly about the "where are the haters" comment and the kind of "suck it fans" when Bourque scored his shootout goal. As if it erased the 20ish games of suckiness he has had since he came here. He's beyond medicre since he's been here. So this goal does not make him a great addition yet. And for the future, if he doesn't get himself going, yep...it would be like a lifetime. 'Cause in a world where even the Calgary Flames wouldn't need a big time supposed scorer who also has the body every team would want more of, and in a situation when most newly players acquired has mostly of boost of energy, I guess we'll pretend as if it's not worrisome.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Toastman

Quote:
makes sense...
Hes referring to Bourque

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Bourque reminds me of Pouliot. Although Pouliot seemed happy sometime. Bourque looked like someone beat up his cat after he scored his goal in shootout!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Et le But

Just think how good Markov, Subban and Forsberg will loom 2 years from now.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:07 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Hes referring to Bourque
(s)he needs better phrasing if that's the case.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
There I was at the game, in my Beliveau jersey, having to fight the urge to cheer for the Islanders. I kept looking for someone in the stands - anyone - who had that same 'big picture' look, someone secretly hoping the Isles would hop over us in the standings to help our draft ranking. But no, everyone else looked caught up in the moment; it appeared to be just me, so I sat there and drummed my fingers on the railing and quietly cursed when it went into OT.

The Bourque thing was half-half. Lots of audible boos mixed in with the excited roar -- easy to hear only what you wanted to hear. I wasn't impressed with his play, though he did seem to be trying harder. I agree with those saying it's become a mental issue with him.

Hard to say what's up with DD. He had some nice moments, didn't look hurt, but seems to be in a mini dry spell.

I like Leblanc and think these low-pressure games will help his development. He could be a solid 3rd line winger next year (yes, I know some think he's a centre).
You clearly didn't look hard enough, because I was there and I share your feelings 100%. I actually jumped up when Streit scored, half because I have him in my pool, and half because, well, we need to tank.

Bourque definitely got booed at first, but then the rest of the people caught on to what was happening and started cheering. I think the boos were in part caused by the sheer surprise of seeing him go, people at the Bell Centre weren't expecting Bourque to go after another game where he did nothing. I was happy that he scored on his attempt, but my gut told me the Isles would tie it right after. Bourque could not be the hero tonight.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Anyone else agree that Subban is the best skating defenceman in the league or at least up there. Hes so fluid when he skates with the puck
He's got good puck handling skills but his skating stride is "choppy".

I don't even think he's the smoothest skating dman on our team (I go with Emelin) but in the league, there are far more fluid dmen. Subban's skating stride has always been ugly to me, especially his first 3-4 strides.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote