HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil goes after rookie Carter Ashton, fights Grabovski.

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2012, 11:40 PM
EastCoastSensFan

vCash: 500
The title of this thread is so over the top it belongs on NESN

Old
03-17-2012, 11:48 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSensFan View Post
What about it is over the top? He did go after a rookie... and then he fought Grabovski

Old
03-17-2012, 11:57 PM
zoA

Neil is such a *******, all the Ottawa fans like to talk about his suspension record, but he is seriously one of the biggest pieces of crap in the league.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:01 AM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Once again Chris Neil shows why he is a jerk. He had no reason to start pushing Ashton and I say great job by Grabovski going in there fighting him.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:02 AM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSensFan View Post

this made me laugh, it's so true unfortunately. if you think their hockey articles are brutal tho you should check out the stuff they say about the Sox...it's pathetic.

as far as the outcry for neil goen after a rookie....big deal. ashton did bump into the sens goalie a couple times. neil gave him a little crosscheck and grabo thought it was necessary to step in. good for him for sticking up for his teammate, like i said, it's hockey. i was entertained.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Proust

Not sure why Grabo thought it would be a good idea to start a fight with Neil.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Once again Chris Neil shows why he is a jerk. He had no reason to start pushing Ashton and I say great job by Grabovski going in there fighting him.
Have you just started watching hockey?

Old
03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

LOL & THIS board chose Neil as the "toughest" fighter

Old
03-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Magix

So giving a player a shove is now considered going after them?

Neil isn't a coward he would wipe the floor with rosehill or w.e his name is, and he held his ground against that goon orr. He is a player that any team would love to have, doubt ottawa will ever have a top tier fighter and hitter who can actually contribute offensively like him.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:15 AM
EastCoastSensFan

neil gave ashton 1 little push/crosscheck. Grabovski comes in does the same to neil, who responds in turn. Then grabo gets in close and drops the gloves about a full 5 seconds before neil does.

The Leafers version of events. Neil brutally attacks ashton risking his life and then mad with blood lust attacks grabo.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
When I read the title I figured Neil jumped him, turns out he gave him a small push. Jeez I hope Ashton can recover from such a senseless attack...

And is someone really crying because Neil went after a rookie? really? you can't give a rookie a shove? wtf am I reading?

Old
03-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Magix

^ and dont foget hes a coward who only goes after 18 years olds and other first year players.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:18 AM
masyo88*

Good on Grabo for sticking up for a team mate we finally have a tough team!!Neil was never that brave last year when Orr was on the ice and Orr tuned him up nicely. To bad the score didn't go out of control for the Leafs so Rosehill could of had fun with Alfie and Karlson. LOL and Failino did not win that fight you trolls, Schenn slipped and Failino tried taking cheap shots and only landed one solid punch while Schenn like landed like a straight 6-7 standing up. Ahhhh you Ottawa fans are a joke. By the way this is how brave Neil is with a legit tough guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDYqUTacAY

Old
03-18-2012, 12:19 AM
masterandy

Yeah....chris neil goes after (tap on the back) someone bigger than him (Ashton, 6"3, 215lbs) and it's a crime because he's a "rookie". It's called doing your job as an enforcer. Already forgot what it felt like to have players like Tucker, and Domi? They are no different. When someone starts punching you, you don't back off, even if it's Grabovski. I'm sure next season with no Leafs playoff aspirations, Neil will fight one your scrubby tough guys. Hang tight!

Old
03-18-2012, 12:21 AM
masterandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
LOL & THIS board chose Neil as the "toughest" fighter
Should've been Thornton

Old
03-18-2012, 12:29 AM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterandy View Post
Yeah....chris neil goes after (tap on the back) someone bigger than him (Ashton, 6"3, 215lbs) and it's a crime because he's a "rookie". It's called doing your job as an enforcer. Already forgot what it felt like to have players like Tucker, and Domi? They are no different. When someone starts punching you, you don't back off, even if it's Grabovski. I'm sure next season with no Leafs playoff aspirations, Neil will fight one your scrubby tough guys. Hang tight!
Thats all I see from your post bud, we all know pig face would have never done that if Orr was playing.... cause you know Orr kinda turned pig face's into ham last year. Congrats on being a first round doormat, god I can't stand Ottawa fans. How does it feel having your team playing in an away game in your home arena?

Old
03-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Shabutie

Really?

I'm a habs fan and I hateeeee the sens. Neil pushes Ashton in the back, how's that going after him? Grabovski then tries to play the hero and goes after a fighter. Ahston's a big guy and he's playing in the NHL, you're acting as if he's a scrawny 17 year old.

Grabovski made a dumb mistake for picking a fight with a fighter who usually has no result in the game. Neil served his purpose.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
Thats all I see from your post bud, we all know pig face would have never done that if Orr was playing.... cause you know Orr kinda turned pig face's into ham last year. Congrats on being a first round doormat, god I can't stand Ottawa fans. How does it feel having your team playing in an away game in your home arena?
It's not fun, but I'd take it any day over missing the playoffs for 7 straight seasons.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
It's not fun, but I'd take any day over missing the playoffs for 7 straight seasons.
BOOM and **** Carter Ashton what a *****

Old
03-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Paris in Flames

How did Grabo make a dumb mistake? He didn't get hurt or look too bad in the exchange, tried to show that he didn't want to see teammates pushed around and it didn't cost the Leafs the game. You have your skilled forward willing to fight Neil. That's worth more than anything coming from the game.

Seems alright to me.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:35 AM
masterandy

Quote:
Not mad at all. It happens every Leafs/Habs games..I was happy for this rivalry but man, the Leafs will never get it together. We love Neil here in Ottawa as much as you love Tucker/Domi when they were around. Sucks not having any heart on a dreadful team for 7 consecutive years..

How's finishing out of the playoffs and lottery feel?

Old
03-18-2012, 12:36 AM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
It's not fun, but I'd take it any day over missing the playoffs for 7 straight seasons.
It sucks not making the playoffs not going to lie... wish Orr was still around so he could have had fun with Neils pig face like he did last year

Old
03-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Ari91

94 penalty minutes in the game tonight...is that among tops this season?

Old
03-18-2012, 12:45 AM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterandy View Post
Not mad at all. It happens every Leafs/Habs games..I was happy for this rivalry but man, the Leafs will never get it together. We love Neil here in Ottawa as much as you love Tucker/Domi when they were around. Sucks not having any heart on a dreadful team for 7 consecutive years..

How's finishing out of the playoffs and lottery feel?
Sucks not making the playoffs not going to lie and I want to tank and in a way I wanted the LOLSENS to win tonight. And don't worry about not having heart anymore our highschool play fair coach is gone and we have a coach with some gonads and the world well be back to normal again and the Leafs will be abusing the Sens soon just like we were since the starting of the decade until the jfj and Paul Maurice era came (shudders). Have no fair well be treating you guys like the dirty hooker soon so dont worry

Old
03-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Sucks not making the playoffs not going to lie and I want to tank and in a way I wanted the LOLSENS to win tonight. And don't worry about not having heart anymore our highschool play fair coach is gone and we have a coach with some gonads and the world well be back to normal again and the Leafs will be abusing the Sens soon just like we were since the starting of the decade until the jfj and Paul Maurice era came (shudders). Have no fair well be treating you guys like the dirty hooker soon so dont worry
Sounds familiar.

Closed Thread