HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

3/16/12 - Caps @ Jets - 8:30 PM ET

Old
03-17-2012, 02:56 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
On the last power play the Capitals had with a little less than 3 minutes remaining, Wideman and Ovechkin took the points on the power play. I don't recall Mike Green being out on that power play at all which surprised me because Green's a better puck handler/mover than Wideman as well as sees the ice better than Wideman. Did anyone else notice this or was an explanation given?

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:57 PM
IafrateOvie34

Laich is just venting. We all know they won't do anything. If they were mad enough, they could have taken Wheeler's head off in retaliation later, but they didn't. Hendricks is the only guy on the team that answers to that kind of stuff on the ice and they leave him out to dry.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
On the last power play the Capitals had with a little less than 3 minutes remaining, Wideman and Ovechkin took the points on the power play. I don't recall Mike Green being out on that power play at all which surprised me because Green's a better puck handler/mover than Wideman as well as sees the ice better than Wideman. Did anyone else notice this or was an explanation given?
Maybe because Wideman is likely to shoot every time he gets it and Green is prone to passing up shots and passing it around too much (like the other team stars).

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:09 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Tarik El-Bashir ‏ @TarikElBashir
Laich was pretty fired up after loss: "Its alright, we got them again in a week. Hockey players have long memories. Well see them soon."

***** going down
Stop talking with your big fat mouth 21 and do something on the ice to get a win.

So tired of the lip service from this team. It all rings hollow now...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:22 PM
sunnydaycrash

Well , the Jets won the game, Winnipeg was out in full force, horns a honking, people cheering according to the Jets boards.....it's a shame the Caps couldn't make the playoffs.....what's that you say, ....there's still 12 games left and the Caps are ahead of the Jets......oh, .......silly teenagers and their premature bodies and mouths

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 04:22 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Wideman was on a point streak, and Green I believe doesn't have a point since his return.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 04:48 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Stephen Whyno ‏ @SWhyno

Retweet
Favorite
Open

Stuart fined $2,500. #Caps #NHLJets

03-17-2012, 04:56 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Gathered my thoughts.

Pretty much ********.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
um

Quote:
wideman has been much better on the PP than green, i think green should have been in ovies place

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:27 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Such horse ****, do we need anymore proof that all this **** has been an affront to the Capitals?

Anyone miss the South East of last year? Even with the annoying Lightning fans, it wasn't as annoying as the Winnipeg fans.

Old
03-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Capitlols

Yeah Winnipeg fans have surpassed Toronto fans as the most obnoxious in my book.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 07:09 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Yeah Winnipeg fans have surpassed Toronto fans as the most obnoxious in my book.
They have 2 different types of obnoxious.

Old
03-17-2012, 07:30 PM
CapsCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
They have 2 different types of obnoxious.
Pittsburgh's fanbase is still the worst.

But now I hate the Winnipeg Thrashers with renewed vigor.

That said, it doesn't help when you make a thread on the main board complaining about the refs in a game where The Caps were lucky to lose by 1 goal.

The referees weren't good that game, it is true, but you invite a lot of those 'obnoxious' comments when you make a thread like that

CapsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Not sure why people are surprised...
Nothing new, really.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Roughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Stuart fined $2,500. #Caps #NHLJets

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:58 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Back when they were the original Jets, the fans weren't like that. They are happy to have a team back they shouldn't have lost. I saw a bunch of people having fun. I still find the old Patrick Division fans far more obnoxious. The excitement last night reminded me of some of the 80s and early 90s playoff games in Winnipeg. Too bad they can't move the Jets back into the old Smythe Division. Those were some good days.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:03 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt1355 View Post

That said, it doesn't help when you make a thread on the main board complaining about the refs in a game where The Caps were lucky to lose by 1 goal.

The referees weren't good that game, it is true, but you invite a lot of those 'obnoxious' comments when you make a thread like that
No. pens fans have a reason to gloat. I would too if I was that fanbase.

Winnipeg has an inherited team from Atlanta that is on the fringe of making the playoffs.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:04 PM
LetsGoBears

Peg fans are showing the true Canadian colors when it comes to hockey. Flat out *******s. The funny thing is True North couldn't get it done in the A, and only had those handful of good seasons because of Schnieder and some other decent Nuck prospects.

It will be great when the new wears off.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:49 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt1355 View Post

Toronto and Boston have similar fanbases. They make threads about their team, then when people jump at them its pity us everyone hates, same with the Canucks. Its these fanbases that create their own boogieman.

Then there is the Jets who are arrogant, quite frankly they didn't deserve the game, I don't care how whoever played the game, who got the most shots, who spent the most time in the offensive zone. The goalie is part of the team, plain and simple. They won the game off the most cheap play I have ever seen, watch the play, Burmistrov looks at Kane and shows him hes got the guys stick. Its whining to point out how pathetic of missed call that was, this is the playoff time and we are competing for the same spot, it wasn't some obscure penalty that went missed and they won, they won specifically because that call was missed.

If I was whining I would point out they called a high stick against the Jets, and the guy who was highsticked was bleeding, still no double minor some how. No matter how minor the bleeding, if that's a Capitals player and its a boarding call, you know they are giving the Capitals a major.

I feel this team at points has been so disciplined, skating hard, but then the referees come up with phantom calls. We had finally seen some physicality from Hamrlik and Wideman and both got some phantom calls in the Hurricanes game.