HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
02-26-2012, 11:07 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I must admit that I kinda like Michel Therrien. Could he be our next coach ? I wouln't be surprised or against it. Can't be worse than Cunney
always liked Therrien , I would welcome him back anytime as coach.Differant team , more experience.He's like Pat Burn-lite , which is good.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:28 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmym007 View Post
Pathetic, these clowns just said that A Kost would land a 3rd round pick AT BEST, and that habs should take it without looking back.

Man if a GM offered a 3rd round pick I'd spit it his face, defecate on his desk and leave.
You're a classy guy.
Like it or not, AK's value is not very high right now. Not sure we can get indeed more than a 3rd rounder.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't want any of the guys there. Damphousse was refreshing when I saw him the first few times because it's pretty easy to set yourself a part when the guys around you are completely idiotic. But, no interested there either.

Coach, I'm hoping Robinson.
As for the GM, I'm not overly interested in Julien Brisebois. I think we really have to lure Jim Nill here.

We need to surround ourselves with winners at the managerial level. Guys that have won or at the very least came real close to it as managers, preferably in the post-lockout days.
Larry is too much of a good guy to be a head coach. Especially in that situation, we need a freakin lion to put the team back toward a conquering attitude.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
always liked Therrien , I would welcome him back anytime as coach.Differant team , more experience.He's like Pat Burn-lite , which is good.

Exactly. We need a Pat Burns. A badass dude that's gonna impose respect.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Exactly. We need a Pat Burns. A badass dude that's gonna impose respect.
how many of those "impose respect" coaches have won in the NHL in the past 10 years?

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
how many of those "impose respect" coaches have won in the NHL in the past 10 years?
Guys with like Pat Burns don't run every street corners. He was unique. But Therrien has that fire, that no bull take charge attitude.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Guys with like Pat Burns don't run every street corners. He was unique. But Therrien has that fire, that no bull take charge attitude.
If history tells us anything, it tells us that the days of the tyrant coach are done.
That style just is no longer winning in the NHL.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:52 PM
GordonGraham

yeah the rangers really suck this year with that type of coach

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Kriss E

Tortorella has changed from his old hard nosed destroy my players mentality. Like any good coach, he learned from his mistakes. He's a lot more patient with his players.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
thegreaterikku

The coach doesn't have to be like Tortorella to be successful. We just need someone that will inspire respect (which is obvious Martin and Cunneyworth doesn't have right now). When you believe in the coach, you believe in the system and unless the system is crappy, anything is possible then (see the Lightning last year in exemple).

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
If history tells us anything, it tells us that the days of the tyrant coach are done.
That style just is no longer winning in the NHL.
Tortorello and Hitchoch says otherwise. Players are too pampered these days. They need strong leaders. And when I played I loved playing for coachs like these, guys that knew where to go, guys that took no crap for anybody. That's the sort of kind of guy i'll follow to dead. Not a cold fish like Jaques Martin/Randy Cunneyworh.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Tortorella has changed from his old hard nosed destroy my players mentality. Like any good coach, he learned from his mistakes. He's a lot more patient with his players.
You haven't watched much Rangers games this year, haven't you? The guy is one their faces if they play ONE shift badly.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Tortorello and Hitchoch says otherwise. Players are too pampered these days. They need strong leaders. And when I played I loved playing for coachs like these, guys that knew where to go, guys that took no crap for anybody. That's the sort of kind of guy i'll follow to dead. Not a cold fish like Jaques Martin/Randy Cunneyworh.
Hitchcock, no longer the fire breather. He has had a big change.

Tortorella, he is not JUST a yeller. He brings a lot to the game, including many more years of experience, as an assistant in Buffalo, and as a head coach.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chris Nilan on AC with Mario Tremblay, Carbo and Bergy.

So funny.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Chris Nilan on AC with Mario Tremblay, Carbo and Bergy.

So funny.
Indeed

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Hitchcock, no longer the fire breather. He has had a big change.

Tortorella, he is not JUST a yeller. He brings a lot to the game, including many more years of experience, as an assistant in Buffalo, and as a head coach.
these guys are pure leaders, you know they are captain of the ship. and sometime you need a iron grip. I don't seen any indications that they've changed and that's a good thing. Also Burns was not just a yeller, the point was he commanded respect.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:56 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Agassi !

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Great show with Agassi tonight. Kinda of a calm guy now....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
these guys are pure leaders, you know they are captain of the ship. and sometime you need a iron grip. I don't seen any indications that they've changed and that's a good thing. Also Burns was not just a yeller, the point was he commanded respect.
Well, it is obvious that you believe that is what the Habs need, a disciplinarian.

If shows like 24/7 have shown us anything, it is that it takes a more conversational style is what works with players these days.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:16 PM
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great show with Agassi tonight. Kinda of a calm guy now....
His book is my all time favorite sports bio

Didnt hide anything and wasnt trying to make himself flawless, wasnt afraid to take jabs at rivals, a great read

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Kriss E

Anybody watched these morons on AC tonight???
Bergy, the dumbest of all, kept saying that DD saved the Habs season.
Actually, they might all be even dumber because they all agreed, and also added Cole.

Don't they know that the Habs are dead LAST in the East? 3rd worst in the NHL???

What ''saving'' are they talking about?? :biglaugh;
Jesus these guys never cease to amazes me. Unfortunately, it's always for the wrong reasons.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:23 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Anybody watched these morons on AC tonight???
Bergy, the dumbest of all, kept saying that DD saved the Habs season.
Actually, they might all be even dumber because they all agreed, and also added Cole.

Don't they know that the Habs are dead LAST in the East? 3rd worst in the NHL???

What ''saving'' are they talking about?? :biglaugh;
Jesus these guys never cease to amazes me. Unfortunately, it's always for the wrong reasons.
I've stopped watching that show a looooooong time ago. I can't stand any of the reporter at RDS. They're so dumb. Gaston saying the he would "pete une coche en ondes" if Markov was to play in the WC. What the **** does it matter? I would of understood if he didn't come back this season. Now, it gives him more ice time to get his game shape and thinking back on. Plus, it's good for his moral. And, probably the most important of all, he if he was to get injured again, it's "good news" because if he gets injured in the WC, he would injured himself again playing in the NHL, that's for sure, and they have time to get another top4 for next season instead of having a ****** d-squad like this year.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I've stopped watching that show a looooooong time ago. I can't stand any of the reporter at RDS. They're so dumb. Gaston saying the he would "pete une coche en ondes" if Markov was to play in the WC. What the **** does it matter? I would of understood if he didn't come back this season. Now, it gives him more ice time to get his game shape and thinking back on. Plus, it's good for his moral. And, probably the most important of all, he if he was to get injured again, it's "good news" because if he gets injured in the WC, he would injured himself again playing in the NHL, that's for sure, and they have time to get another top4 for next season instead of having a ****** d-squad like this year.
They really don't know anything.
Bergy said Markov is playing on one leg, that he should take the summer off and then come back next year. I don't think he understands that Markov is healthy, that no matter if it is now, or next year, he will need time to get back into the good solid Markov we all loved. It's not gonna happen over a week.

The only point they raised I might agree with is that I'm not convinced Russia would invite Markov. If he improves, then perhaps, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Well, it is obvious that you believe that is what the Habs need, a disciplinarian.

If shows like 24/7 have shown us anything, it is that it takes a more conversational style is what works with players these days.
Seems to me you haven't watched the Rangers part of 24/7

Old
03-18-2012, 01:53 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Seems to me you haven't watched the Rangers part of 24/7
Every time I think of that farce, I can't shake the image of that oscar nominee Laviolette trying to get a gatorade contract by mentioning the letter G on average 6 times/sentence when talking to Giroux.

We get it, his nickname is G and you're "hip" and you use it.

Remember when he was basically sucking him off in that practice just before the game where he made the comeback telling him how awesome he was?

G!!!!!!

IMO Totarella was far more authentic and actually wasn't that much of a hard-nosed *****. Right balance.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote