Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Hurricanes @ Jets Sunday March 18th

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2012, 07:55 PM
teucer

vCash: 500
Hopefully tonight's games will help us with getting 8th spot.

Wanting Florida to beat Buffalo. Ugh Toronto to beat Ottawa. St Louis beating Tampa Bay.

That should keep most of those other teams in the dust. Caps have a tough schedule coming up and I'm sure they will be emotional especially after last nights game.

The good news is Pittsburgh is on a winning streak. You know what that means? Badumtssh.

Old
03-17-2012, 08:04 PM
bluefan

vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by teucer View Post
Hopefully tonight's games will help us with getting 8th spot.

Wanting Florida to beat Buffalo. Ugh Toronto to beat Ottawa. St Louis beating Tampa Bay.

That should keep most of those other teams in the dust. Caps have a tough schedule coming up and I'm sure they will be emotional especially after last nights game.

The good news is Pittsburgh is on a winning streak. You know what that means? Badumtssh.
I thought we only broke streaks at home?

Old
03-17-2012, 08:16 PM
teucer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
I thought we only broke streaks at home?
That is true. But they all said they are looking to change their ways on the road. Adding the streak busters to the equation might help them play their "A" game.

Old
03-17-2012, 08:42 PM
sixty minute hockey

If Florida doesn't put away Buffalo soon this game will turn from a should win into a MUST win very quickly.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:05 PM
teucer

Must win against Canes tommorow.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:16 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Jones should obviously be out, Clitsome has been too good. Jones plays safe and doesn't try to do too much, which is good, but he doesn't bring any of the abilities that Clitsome has shown so far. Jones is soft for his size, he's slow and he doesn't bring much offensively. Unless Clitsome starts showing us some monumental mental errors, I think Clitsome is solidly ahead of Jones on the depth chart.

My assessment of Clitsome could be entirely wrong long-term because it's based only on his limited time with the Jets and he did get waived by an awful team recently, but with the way he's playing right now it should be a no-brainer. Unless he starts to show why he was waived I can't see any reason to play Jones over him. His time on ice and the match-ups he's had (i.e. Ovechkin last night) show that Noel has more faith in him already than in Jones.

I haven't liked the Bogo-Hainsey pairing much in the past, I think both the Hainsey-Clitsome and Bogo-Stuart pairings have shown much more chemistry. Playing with Stuart seems to bring out the nastiness in Bogo's game and that will be needed even more as things tighten up toward the end of the season. Clitsome is working out tremendously with Hainsey IMO and there's no need to force the new guy to adjust even more by changing his defensive partner.

If Stuart can't handle the minutes Bogo should be getting, and I don't think he can, pair Bogo with Enstrom for a few shifts, particularly on the PP.
I agree with this. IMO Clitsome should definately start over Jones. Bogo and Stuart together makes sense, I always liked them together. Besides Stuart gets in front of everything. I would like to see Bogo avoid blocking too many shots for now. My guess on paper Bogo and Stuart will be the second pairing but will probably get similiar minutes to the 3rd pairing.

It's also very likely that Bogo will be matched up with Toby on the 2nd PP unit, as it seems Noel likes putting Little Timmy out there with Big Buff on the 1st.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
lallyvee

Florida wins in a shoot out.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
Florida wins in a shoot out.
Damn Sabres color commentator tried to ruin the shootout for me. He kept talking about how they should have the shootout in the playoffs too...

Old
03-17-2012, 09:26 PM
sixty minute hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Damn Sabres color commentator tried to ruin the shootout for me. He kept talking about how they should have the shootout in the playoffs too...

Old
03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
No way, playoff overtime is the greatest thing in existence. You get to see who the real warriors are.

Example:

03-17-2012, 09:34 PM
sixty minute hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Spencer Machacek not in the lineup today for St. John's...
Don't know if anyone else confirmed this but
Quote:
Spencer Machacek did not play as he was called up to the Winnipeg Jets earlier today after recording a hat-trick in the team's last game versus the Hamilton Bulldogs.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...143071926.html

It would be nice if he brought them hat-tricks to the NHL with him .

Old
03-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
No way, playoff overtime is the greatest thing in existence. You get to see who the real warriors are.

Example:

A conversation between a tired person from the attendance and a person who's not into sports the day after would have been priceless to hear...

And yeah, it's atleast the best thing in sports hands down.

Old
03-17-2012, 11:59 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Pencil in Spencer Machacek in Tanner Glass's spot, Glass doesn't like the way Jets fans cheer on THEIR team, for a guy with 2 goals since early November Glass should be happy he is in the NHL and not forget he is only a COUPLE years removed from the "A".

Old
03-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

My word guys it's simply an opinion, does it really warrant chirping his play.

Regardless of his point totals he's a vital piece of this team with the GST line and gives a hell of a lot more than numbers will show.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Wow. So many Caps fans are acting like a bunch of whiny little *****es. Add them to the list of fanbases that I now hate.

Anyways, hope the Jets destroy the Canes

Old
03-18-2012, 12:28 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
My word guys it's simply an opinion, does it really warrant chirping his play.

Regardless of his point totals he's a vital piece of this team with the GST line and gives a hell of a lot more than numbers will show.
Disagree with you on this one Lynk, don't think Glass was wise to state an opinion on a matter like this when just about every fan in the NHL loved the chant, whether what they were chanting was right or wrong isn't up for debate by a player whose salary is paid by those same fans. The Ivy league guy should have known better.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I have no issue with him voicing his opinion, obviously it's going to urk more than a few.

I just can't get on board with the chirping of his play that comes from him speaking his mind.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Tintin's Ghost

LOL it's not like Tanner just pulled a Pronger. Guy is sharing his opinion.

Just start chanting "S-T" and leave out the G next time and he'll get the message.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:42 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Re: Glass

I said it in the other thread, but even though I don't agree with Glass's opinion on the matter, I respect his honesty. He didn't hold his tongue and pretend he liked it when he didn't. He shared his opinion fully aware that people weren't going to like it or agree with it. IMO, that takes guts and shows character.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:21 AM
kcin94

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Disagree with you on this one Lynk, don't think Glass was wise to state an opinion on a matter like this when just about every fan in the NHL loved the chant, whether what they were chanting was right or wrong isn't up for debate by a player whose salary is paid by those same fans. The Ivy league guy should have known better.
He can only state an opinion if it agrees with everybody else's opinion then?

He was probably asked a question. He answered it honestly, and fans start to whine. Give me a break. You are sounding like Cap fans now

Old
03-18-2012, 01:41 AM
knorthern knight

vCash: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Jones should obviously be out, Clitsome has been too good. Jones plays safe and doesn't try to do too much, which is good, but he doesn't bring any of the abilities that Clitsome has shown so far. Jones is soft for his size, he's slow and he doesn't bring much offensively. Unless Clitsome starts showing us some monumental mental errors, I think Clitsome is solidly ahead of Jones on the depth chart.
Jones is +5 for the season, and +8 in his last 13 games . Even better, Byfuglien is +12 in his last 12 Bogosian is -7 for the year. Given the way the team has been playing of late, if I was coach Noel, I'd decide to give Zach "another game or 2 to fully recover from his injury".

Old
03-18-2012, 01:45 AM
teucer

nvm found it. carry on.

Last edited by teucer: 03-18-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old
03-18-2012, 02:08 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
So some (myself included) had concerns within the last week why we didn't recall a forward from St. John's to give us 13 instead of just 12.

With Fehr not playing tomorrow vs. Carolina, I wonder what we will do? Recall a forward (Machacek, Cormier, Klingberg, etc) or if we will go with 11 forwards and 7 defenseman?

I really hope we recall a forward so we can continue to roll 4 lines. It has been effective for us lately, I don't think a defenseman playing forward will be as effective. With Bogosian back, it would likely be Jones.

Please, call up a forward, Jets.
Your wish has been granted:

Quote:
Rick Ralph‏@RickRalphTSN

Spencer Machacek has been called up by the #WinnipegJets to take the place of injured Eric Fehr. #winnipeg #NHLJets
https://twitter.com/#!/RickRalphTSN/...36644920299520

Poor Fehr: guy has the absolute worst luck. Looks good in the two games he comes back - boom. Injured again.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:19 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Gonna close this since the GDT is up... here we gooooooooooo

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1138261

Closed Thread