HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Kings - Deer Ticks are Huge!

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2012, 12:12 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
With a game in hand. We win tomorrow, we even it up.
That can't be, reading the doomsday here, we're surely not battling for a home ice position in the playoffs...

Old
03-18-2012, 12:15 AM
cleangene

Sutes a - 3 tonight...guess he didn't do so good because he only "loves playing in Nashville". Fisherman with his goal and his takedown, along with Horns still mixing it up during Yipper's penalty, showed me ANY urgency by a Predator tonight. And, comparing this season to last- do you feel the same confidence with this team headed for the playoffs that you did this time last year????? I only WISH I did.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
That can't be, reading the doomsday here, we're surely not battling for a home ice position in the playoffs...
If there are any certainties in life, they are death, taxes, and hysterical irrationality in response to your favorite team losing.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Sutes a - 3 tonight...guess he didn't do so good because he only "loves playing in Nashville". Fisherman with his goal and his takedown, along with Horns still mixing it up during Yipper's penalty, showed me ANY urgency by a Predator tonight. And, comparing this season to last- do you feel the same confidence with this team headed for the playoffs that you did this time last year????? I only WISH I did.
Edit...I was wrong, we sucked in FEBRUARY last season, not March/April.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:19 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Kings announcers said, during the opening, that the Preds are 10 points ahead of where they were at the same point last season. In practically any season but this one, with the mutated Central Division, they would be in legitimate contention for the division title, and possibly for first in the conference. They have the top PP in the league and are top 10 in the league in both Goals For AND Goals Against. I don't see how anyone can say this team hasn't improved upon last season.
Stats are nice, but if you have eyes you can watch the game. Their effort and overall is not where it was last season. We don't control the play. We're dependent on the PP and can't tilt the ice at even strength.

We were much better defensively last year as well. And unfortunately, there is no prize for finishing 2nd/3rd in a "mutated" division. Fact is, there are 4 teams ahead of us. We're tracking to start the playoffs on the road again when we could get hot and still challenge St. Louis for the division with the games in hand.

When we should be firing on all cylinders, we come out flat for the 3rd game in a row against teams below us in the standings.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:23 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
If there are any certainties in life, they are death, taxes, and hysterical irrationality in response to your favorite team losing.

This is true. Though I would think some of our fans that remember the early years would be a little more battle-hardened by now.

I HATE losing...but it's pretty well established that in an 82 game schedule, you're going to lose at least 20-30 games...even when you're really good.

We're playing hungry teams that are fighting for a playoff spot. I'm not happy with our effort as of late...but this team is historically pretty streaky. But for every losing streak, there's a winning streak. We can only hope we get back to winning soon. It wasn't all that long ago (and with the same crew) that we were looking like a juggernaut.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Yawn.

You're not calm. Your reaction is that we don't "deserve" to be in the playoffs.

Abject failure is what the Columbus Blue Jackets have accomplished, not the team with 90 points in 5th place.

Grow up.
A team that has made the playoffs 6 of the past 7 seasons, and is likely to finish 4 of those with 100 points or more, shouldn't be considered a failure by any stretch, especially when you consider the track record of the other 'recent' expansion franchises.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:24 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree we do seem flat. Do you guys think the Radulov talk is distracting this team at all?

I don't know can't be helping though. I also don't think we very play well with too much rest never have.

I still say scratching Wilson was a mistake. Yip brings nothing we need right now. I like Halishuck in the line-up I like Smith in the line-up but Wilson should be there as well.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:25 AM
tserberis*

This is Trotz's fault.

Instead of building team chemistry for PO he tries to proof something to people, bench wrong players.
And the whole team seems on #radwatch even more then us. This is pathetic.

Nite all. Don't fight kids.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:29 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
A team that has made the playoffs 6 of the past 7 seasons, and is likely to finish 4 of those with 100 points or more, shouldn't be considered a failure by any stretch, especially when you consider the track record of the other 'recent' expansion franchises.
We're certainly not a failure. We're one of the most successful teams since the lockout. The thing is that the fans want to see improvement (and rightfully so). Last year we made it to the second round for the first time. Now we want the cup.

I can remember in years 4 and 5 where fans were starting to grumble and wonder if we would ever make the playoffs. Then we made it in year 6 and have been consistent ever since.

The Predators are a slow, but steady progress team. I want to see the Stanley Cup raised on the ice at Bridgestone Arena by the men in gold jerseys...but in reality, it might take us a while (based on past experience). Think of how long the Blues and Canucks have been waiting...

If the Preds lose in the first round of the playoffs, I'll be disappointed...but I'm not about to give up my fan card just because we didn't meet expectations. I will be invested in this team as long as they are invested in the city of Nashville.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:32 AM
klt2001

I really hope Suter gets out of whatever funk he is in cause lately it seems he gets beat alot and scored on alot. Tootoo hasn't been playing great and making alot of mistakes. Just want the team to play as a team. They were doing that it the 2nd period and then just broke down in the 3rd.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-18-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Knock off the personal attacks

Your all Pred fans and have right to opinions ,, If you dont like a posters opinions ignore them and if you dont like poster we have an ignore feature

Old
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree we do seem flat. Do you guys think the Radulov talk is distracting this team at all?

I don't know can't be helping though. I also don't think we very play well with too much rest never have.

I still say scratching Wilson was a mistake. Yip brings nothing we need right now. I like Halishuck in the line-up I like Smith in the line-up but Wilson should be there as well.
Agreed with all of this. While I like Yip's grit, Wilson can handle himself. He's a big boy. We could've used his speed and puck handling. I don't know if he would've made a difference in the final outcome...but I think he would've helped.

And I don't know if the Rads talk is distracting to the players as much as it is for the fans. Either way, I'd like to know what he is doing by the beginning of the week.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
We're certainly not a failure. We're one of the most successful teams since the lockout. The thing is that the fans want to see improvement (and rightfully so). Last year we made it to the second round for the first time. Now we want the cup.

I can remember in years 4 and 5 where fans were starting to grumble and wonder if we would ever make the playoffs. Then we made it in year 6 and have been consistent ever since.

The Predators are a slow, but steady progress team. I want to see the Stanley Cup raised on the ice at Bridgestone Arena by the men in gold jerseys...but in reality, it might take us a while (based on past experience). Think of how long the Blues and Canucks have been waiting...

If the Preds lose in the first round of the playoffs, I'll be disappointed...but I'm not about to give up my fan card just because we didn't meet expectations. I will be invested in this team as long as they are invested in the city of Nashville.
Completely understand and agree. I spent life as a Kings fan before finding my love for the Preds, so I certainly can understand the anxiety/impatience of fan bases. I just find it funny. Part of what drew me to the Preds was what a top quality organization they seemed to be, and were always able to remain competitive, even with inferior talent. To hear other Preds fans talking about the franchise as if they were the Kings (the really bad years), Panthers, or Isles is...odd, to say the least.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:45 AM
klt2001

If Nashville loses tomorrow against Anaheim, I give up trying to hope they will tie and eventually move up over Detroit. I'll just hope we either stay where we are at or not drop too far down the standings. The Preds just aren't clicking as a team right now and it is showing. Need to get some chemistry back on this team like we had before the ASG and trade deadlines. W/ that said at least the Preds are only down by two points behind Detroit and not having to fight for a playoff spot like alot of the teams are right now.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-18-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old
03-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
If Nashville loses tomorrow against Anaheim, I give up trying to hope they will tie and eventually move up over Detroit. I'll just hope we either stay where we are at or not drop too far down the standings. The Preds just aren't clicking as a team right now and it is showing. Need to get some chemistry back on this team. W/ that said at least the Preds are only down by two points behind Detroit and not having to fight for a playoff spot like alot of the teams are right now.
Hawks aren't catching Preds any time soon (Too many issues and Toews being unlikely to play rest of regular season)

And the gap between Preds and everyone else is wide enough you wont have to worry

4th or 5th will be Preds spot and Wings will be there opponent

Old
03-18-2012, 12:54 AM
klt2001

Los Angeles just like San Jose are fighting for a playoff spot so lately the Preds have been playing teams that are just more hungry for two points. Kind of how we were last year. Just hope these losses late in the season doesn't affect the Pred's chemistry/confidence/play going into the playoffs. Much better ending on a high note going into the playoffs than a low note. Hopefully they will start back up winning games as there are still alot of games left.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/standi...12012&type=CON

Last edited by klt2001: 03-18-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old
03-18-2012, 01:44 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Hope so, I get really tired of hearing Bob Miller giving the 'consecutive penalties killed' update on the Kings feed.
I'm pretty sure the Ducks ended that the previous game.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:49 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
why is that not goaltender interference?
Kopitar has 14 minutes in penalties for the entire season. Should be a Lady Byng winner.

I highly doubt he is running your goalie.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:53 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Kopitar has 14 minutes in penalties for the entire season. Should be a Lady Byng winner.

I highly doubt he is running your goalie.
To be honest, I have no idea which play is being talked about, BUT your argument really isn't a good one. Just because a player doesn't normally do something doesn't mean he never does that something.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:01 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
To be honest, I have no idea which play is being talked about, BUT your argument really isn't a good one. Just because a player doesn't normally do something doesn't mean he never does that something.
It was the one when Kopi was tripped/hit/lost his balance and slid in to Rinne and the puck shortly followed. And really it wasn't a goalie interference. No way he could have avoided it. And Kopi gave him a pat on the back and a sorry afterward to boot.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:09 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
It was the one when Kopi was tripped/hit/lost his balance and slid in to Rinne and the puck shortly followed. And really it wasn't a goalie interference. No way he could have avoided it. And Kopi gave him a pat on the back and a sorry afterward to boot.
Fair enough. Sorry... I'm trained to call out poor arguments

Old
03-18-2012, 02:45 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Fair enough. Sorry... I'm trained to call out poor arguments
Wasn't even my argument. And I do the same thing. Just check the prospect forum where someone said one prospect was better than another but hadn't seen the 2nd one play. Hurp durp

Old
03-18-2012, 02:56 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I missed the 3rd period but it's looks like a total collapse. Is this the kind of period that might stir the pot and wake these guys up for the next few weeks? Basically, will this be a turning point and they come out firing on all cylinders from here on out? Hopefully so.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:00 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Wasn't even my argument. And I do the same thing. Just check the prospect forum where someone said one prospect was better than another but hadn't seen the 2nd one play. Hurp durp
Haha I better not or I might not come back

Closed Thread