HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Call up Zuccarello (RECALLED - 3/11)

Old
03-17-2012, 05:26 AM
TigerJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cON View Post
Havenīt seen th latest game because of work and my lilī son Paul-Oscar. Can somebody write me a lilī summary about how he looked and played since his call up? Thanks guys!
Had an awesome comeback game against Islanders. Played mostly PP. Got 1 assist and was on the ice and was involved in all 3 Rangers PP goals.

Logged more 5-on-5 minutes against Carolina. Another good game. Hit the post.

Not too visible against the Penguins, but played well the few minutes he got. Good chemistry with Dubinsky and Mitchell towards the end of 3rd.

IMO he has been one of the better Ranger forwards inn all 3 games besides Hagelin, Gaborik and Richards.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:56 AM
anofsti

vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal View Post
Didn't someone mention that Zuc played on PK too? Or did I remember wrong?
He did so in the Whale, yes. He was very good at keeping the puck in the other zone for a good amount of time due to a very agressive forecheck.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/9...carello-1-on-1

Mats on Erixon

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:51 PM
NickyFotiu

Torts on Zuccarello: Hes helping the power play; he has a bomb off the faceoff and hits the post. That line gave us good shifts throughout the game. Certainly with the man advantage, he makes plays. Well continue with him.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
Could clearly see it in the game vs Carolina and the game against Peguins, he cannot put the puck in the net! He is a decent playmaker but he isn’t the natural goalscorer. Those scoring chances he had against Carolina and the big chance against Peguins (late in the 3rd) he should had buried them all. No offense to Mats, but that’s not bad luck that’s lack of skill !

He can be a big star in the AHL or in a league like Russian KHL, would fit him much better. I just don’t think he has what it takes to be an NHL player. The key attribute hes missing is strength. And I can’t see how a player who has so much lack of strength can become a regular NHL player.
I am a little annoyed, because he certainly has no Fing luck whatsoever.

Sometimes pucks go in and sometimes they don't, scorers in hockey is per definition streaky. I really feel that like a hot streak could give this kid the confidence booster he needs. But good shots from him aren't going in and no matter how much he sets people up the assists just don't pile up. I am not saying that he "deserves" to score 2 PPG and lead the league in scoring. But with "luck" a player like him gets a couple of multi-point games and he could really use that at this point of his career. Post in instead of post for a while.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:38 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am a little annoyed, because he certainly has no Fing luck whatsoever.

Sometimes pucks go in and sometimes they don't, scorers in hockey is per definition streaky. I really feel that like a hot streak could give this kid the confidence booster he needs. But good shots from him aren't going in and no matter how much he sets people up the assists just don't pile up. I am not saying that he "deserves" to score 2 PPG and lead the league in scoring. But with "luck" a player like him gets a couple of multi-point games and he could really use that at this point of his career. Post in instead of post for a while.
I agree. And it is typical that Varmalov had the performance of the century. Iīm sure that he couldīve had 2 or even 3 points with another goalie. The pass to Richards was outstanding, and of course Richard got robbed with maybe the save of the day by Varlamov. And the shot in the post.....

Old
03-18-2012, 03:42 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Zuke's game is better than what it was last season. He looks better and more decisive on the smaller ice surface now. I think that is what the coaches wanted him to get used to. He's been fine and was fine in the corners last season, but his decision-making on the smaller ice had to get better. I hope he starts getting more time because we really can use his skill in the line-up.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:29 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

10 more games in NHL and he has go to through waivers if assigned to AHL.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:37 AM
NickyFotiu

After seeing Zooks blast last night (that rang both posts) I would be encouraging him to shoot more often if I was Torts.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
I must say I was a little surprised by that slapshot. Not very often you see Mats shoot it like that from the point, his shot is actually better than I though.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
10 more games in NHL and he has go to through waivers if assigned to AHL.
Is it 60 games? Then 11 more, right? He had 42 season, and 7 this season so far.

Old
03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I think playoff matches are counted also. He got 1 last season.

Old
03-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I think playoff matches are counted also. He got 1 last season.
of course, my bad didnt include that game. thanks!

Old
03-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Last night was the first of his games where I thought he looked good at even strength.

Hope he keeps it up.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
of course, my bad didnt include that game. thanks!
I don`t think po games count.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:34 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I donīt think so either. The rules say "NHL games". But the waiver period lasts through play offs though. Waiver period for a team ends the day after their last game (either regular season game or the last PO game).

Anyway, it doesnīt matter from next season anyways, as he then will have to go through waivers no matter how many games. Due to the fact that he as a 24 year old (then 25) has had a NHL contract more than 2 years.

So next season will be interesting for him. If the Rangers resign him for a year, the days are over where they just can send him down without risking loosing him on waivers.

But there could of course be a problem for Zuke, as the waiver period donīt start until 12 days before season start. I guess the Rangers then can send him out of camp and down to AHL before this deadline an bury him in Hartford.....

Old
03-19-2012, 04:42 AM
anofsti

vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
I donīt think so either. The rules say "NHL games". But the waiver period lasts through play offs though. Waiver period for a team ends the day after their last game (either regular season game or the last PO game).

Anyway, it doesnīt matter from next season anyways, as he then will have to go through waivers no matter how many games. Due to the fact that he as a 24 year old (then 25) has had a NHL contract more than 2 years.

So next season will be interesting for him. If the Rangers resign him for a year, the days are over where they just can send him down without risking loosing him on waivers.

But there could of course be a problem for Zuke, as the waiver period donīt start until 12 days before season start. I guess the Rangers then can send him out of camp and down to AHL before this deadline an bury him in Hartford.....
That is a double edged sword though. If they send him down, they can't recall him either without waiving him, and if so, they get stuck with half his salary, because I can't imagine he would go unclaimed either. Not really sure if he can just leave for Europe if he gets sent to AHL though.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:29 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
I think they do. At least Capgeek say so in their calculator.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
NickyFotiu

Zooks and Mitchel may have been moved up to the 3rd line. Does that put Zooks on the left side? Does the side make a major difference for him?

Old
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Zooks and Mitchel may have been moved up to the 3rd line. Does that put Zooks on the left side? Does the side make a major difference for him?
It shouldnt. He is used to playing both wings (although right wing is his "natural side").

Memory is not my greatest quality, but i imagine that he played at least a few of his games with the Rangers last season as a left wing.

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
yea Left side, doubt it makes much of a difference. Not sure why Prust is still not up there and Mitchell on the 4th line but whatever its Torts

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea Left side, doubt it makes much of a difference. Not sure why Prust is still not up there and Mitchell on the 4th line but whatever its Torts
I prefer Zooks on the off wing (right side) but I also think Zooks and Mitchell have showed chemistry together. Any chance Boyle plays the left side with Mitch at center?

Old
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The only irony is that anyone could seriously believe that because Zuccarello put some points up in a 40 game sample size that there is any comparison of the two players that could be looked at with a straight face.

How many 90 point seasons has Zuccarello had...in ANY league?

Let's put it this way:

Brad Richards = elite NHL center.

Zuccarello = not an NHL player.
As a mather of fact,if the sweedish elite league was a 82 game regular season,he was on pace for 95 points in his second and (so far) last season in SEL. For a team not reaching the play offs.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Mats can play both sides, not worried about that.
He also plays center when needed, he did for several game this season with the Whale for example.

Old
03-19-2012, 05:23 PM
TigerJack

Quote:
As a mather of fact,if the sweedish elite league was a 82 game regular season,he was on pace for 95 points in his second and (so far) last season in SEL. For a team not reaching the play offs.
Lets see:

His last 2 season in Frisk Asker (Norwegian league):
59 points in 43 games => 1,37 p/game => 112 points/82 games
64 points in 33 games => 1,93 p/game => 159 points/82 games

His 2 seasons in Modo, SEL:
40 points in 35 games => 1,14 p/game => 93 points/82 games
64 points in 55 games => 1,16 p/game => 95 points/82 games

His points in SEL is still the most impressive, since this is a very good league, and his team didnīt even make the Playoffs. In Norway itīs usually a very big difference between the best teams and the worst teams, so quite few games end up as massacres, but his numbers are still impressive. Especially his last season with almost 2 points/game. Must be close to a Norwegian record.