HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Kings - Deer Ticks are Huge!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2012, 03:10 AM
  #201
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
To be honest, I have no idea which play is being talked about, BUT your argument really isn't a good one. Just because a player doesn't normally do something doesn't mean he never does that something.
You would have a valid point, but I didn't say that Kopitar NEVER does anything. I said I highly doubt that he would run your goalie. That's not an absolute, it's an opinion. Good grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Fair enough. Sorry... I'm trained to call out poor arguments
Quite honestly, the only poor argument was yours, because you based it on an incorrect assumption.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 03:25 AM
  #202
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
You would have a valid point, but I didn't say that Kopitar NEVER does anything. I said I highly doubt that he would run your goalie. That's not an absolute, it's an opinion. Good grief.



Quite honestly, the only poor argument was yours, because you based it on an incorrect assumption.
What does running the goalie have to do with anything? All someone was wondering if that should be goalie interference. Happens by accident all the time. Looks like you were the one who started out on an incorrect assumption.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 03:28 AM
  #203
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I missed the 3rd period but it's looks like a total collapse. Is this the kind of period that might stir the pot and wake these guys up for the next few weeks? Basically, will this be a turning point and they come out firing on all cylinders from here on out? Hopefully so.
We can only hope, but I'm not holding my breath. We've had other embarrassing outings recently that didn't do the trick. We need to string together 3 or 4 really solid games to get some confidence back. Something we haven't done in a while.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 06:56 AM
  #204
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Largo
Country: United States
Posts: 2,755
vCash: 500
Preds are just trying to position themselves in 6th and get the Pacific division winner

Legionnaire11 is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 07:52 AM
  #205
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,416
vCash: 500
Not sure what's going on with this team right now. They look out of sorts to be honest. The collapse in the third last night was odd to say the least. Glad we're playing again tonight because I don't think any of the guys want to sit with the bad taste from last night in their mouths.

Still not sure why Wilson sat to be honest. I'll be glad to see Josi back in the lineup as our second and third pairings don't do a good job of moving the puck out of the zone.

Really hacks me off that Weber and Suter, two of the big leaders of the team, seem like they're disinterested. For a while it didn't bother me as their results were good and the team was winning. Fisher is the one putting out effort every night whereas these two are just blah. Maybe in the coming weeks they'll start ramping up their game for the playoffs.

The other thing that still bothers me is Hornqvist getting creamed every night and all our guys pretty much just stand and watch it happen. At some point stand up for your teammate. Also, when Rinne got taken out by Havlat the other night, totally bush league play, why did he not have to answer the bell later in the game for this? If I'm Trotz I let Tootoo loose and say, crush him. You don't let your goalie get tripped like that without retribution. Totally unacceptable. Not saying we have to go barbarian but at some point, have some pride and stand up for your mates.

And enough of the bad outlet passes or clearing attempts out of our zone. Make sure the puck gets out and not to the other team in the center of the ice. Their first goal was because of this. If I'm not mistaken, we had 3 if not 4 attempts to get the puck out and we didn't. First one was Weber putting the puck right on their sticks and they came right back in the zone. After that, we couldn't clear. Pathetic. This needs to get resolved and quickly.

glenngineer is online now  
Old
03-18-2012, 08:45 AM
  #206
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,604
vCash: 500
Bah.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 08:55 AM
  #207
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Not sure what's going on with this team right now. They look out of sorts to be honest. The collapse in the third last night was odd to say the least. Glad we're playing again tonight because I don't think any of the guys want to sit with the bad taste from last night in their mouths.

Still not sure why Wilson sat to be honest. I'll be glad to see Josi back in the lineup as our second and third pairings don't do a good job of moving the puck out of the zone.

Really hacks me off that Weber and Suter, two of the big leaders of the team, seem like they're disinterested. For a while it didn't bother me as their results were good and the team was winning. Fisher is the one putting out effort every night whereas these two are just blah. Maybe in the coming weeks they'll start ramping up their game for the playoffs.

The other thing that still bothers me is Hornqvist getting creamed every night and all our guys pretty much just stand and watch it happen. At some point stand up for your teammate. Also, when Rinne got taken out by Havlat the other night, totally bush league play, why did he not have to answer the bell later in the game for this? If I'm Trotz I let Tootoo loose and say, crush him. You don't let your goalie get tripped like that without retribution. Totally unacceptable. Not saying we have to go barbarian but at some point, have some pride and stand up for your mates.

And enough of the bad outlet passes or clearing attempts out of our zone. Make sure the puck gets out and not to the other team in the center of the ice. Their first goal was because of this. If I'm not mistaken, we had 3 if not 4 attempts to get the puck out and we didn't. First one was Weber putting the puck right on their sticks and they came right back in the zone. After that, we couldn't clear. Pathetic. This needs to get resolved and quickly.
Honestly, Suter looks like he's cashed in his chips... Weber not so much, Weber didn't play that 2 on 1 well last night but he really expected Suter to hustle back to get the guy in the slot then noticed that wasn't happen and was already to close to the shooter to make a play on the pass. I also thought Penner dominated Suter, I know that's a bad match-up size wise but Penner sucks.

triggrman is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 08:59 AM
  #208
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Not sure what's going on with this team right now. They look out of sorts to be honest. The collapse in the third last night was odd to say the least. Glad we're playing again tonight because I don't think any of the guys want to sit with the bad taste from last night in their mouths.

Still not sure why Wilson sat to be honest. I'll be glad to see Josi back in the lineup as our second and third pairings don't do a good job of moving the puck out of the zone.

Really hacks me off that Weber and Suter, two of the big leaders of the team, seem like they're disinterested. For a while it didn't bother me as their results were good and the team was winning. Fisher is the one putting out effort every night whereas these two are just blah. Maybe in the coming weeks they'll start ramping up their game for the playoffs.

The other thing that still bothers me is Hornqvist getting creamed every night and all our guys pretty much just stand and watch it happen. At some point stand up for your teammate. Also, when Rinne got taken out by Havlat the other night, totally bush league play, why did he not have to answer the bell later in the game for this? If I'm Trotz I let Tootoo loose and say, crush him. You don't let your goalie get tripped like that without retribution. Totally unacceptable. Not saying we have to go barbarian but at some point, have some pride and stand up for your mates.

And enough of the bad outlet passes or clearing attempts out of our zone. Make sure the puck gets out and not to the other team in the center of the ice. Their first goal was because of this. If I'm not mistaken, we had 3 if not 4 attempts to get the puck out and we didn't. First one was Weber putting the puck right on their sticks and they came right back in the zone. After that, we couldn't clear. Pathetic. This needs to get resolved and quickly.
I think you should watch the trip from havlat on rinne. rinne flopped. it was sad. should have been hit with diving.

part of this mini slide screams it is just part of the ebb and flow.
part screams raduov distraction
part screams stay as healthy as you can

token grinder is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 09:08 AM
  #209
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Our feed told us he leads rookies in PP goals.


Ps. 1st page of our GDT I predicted Stoll would take a penalty in his 1st 3 shifts. Didn't even have to wait that long for him to. It's like clockwork with that guy.
We get a good player and people want him on the ice as little as possible its the Nashville way.

VFL615* is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 09:09 AM
  #210
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
For a team that is supposedly working on the "mental aspects" of the game in preparation for the playoffs (this according to Trotz), I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing.

Preds Partisan is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 09:40 AM
  #211
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Couldn't sleep last night after I got back from detroit so I watched the reply this morning. Wow. Just an awful effort.

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 09:42 AM
  #212
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
In history the Preds have rarely done well on the dreaded west coast trips. Another thing along with the Wings that handicap the Preds every year.

Hope everyone enjoyed Klein being back. He did not miss a beat in what he brings to the table. (See breakaway in 3rd)

If Trots scratches people to get their attention and to refocus. I fully expect to see Suter on the bench tonight. You could put him in a Klein jersey lately and you would not know the difference. I bet you see Peka sitting as well. He looked like an AHL goaltender AGAIN last night. He has had some rough games after his being pissed about not making the all star game wore off.

Weber played the breakaway like you are supposed to. He shaded to the man without the puck and attempted to stop the cross cress pass while letting Peka play the guy with the puck, which is what you are supposed to do in hockey, in that situation. Lucky play by the Kings if you watched the replay. 9-10 that does not go in.

When this team plays slow, non physical hockey, and allows more than two goals you can book a loss. Look for an L again tonight. I see it being a slaughter. Hope we can get it back together Tue.

VFL615* is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 09:43 AM
  #213
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think you should watch the trip from havlat on rinne. rinne flopped. it was sad. should have been hit with diving.

part of this mini slide screams it is just part of the ebb and flow.
part screams raduov distraction
part screams stay as healthy as you can
The first part of what Havlat did I think Rinne was flopping but the second one was not a flop. The guy had his stick right behind Rinne's leg and he pushed his leg. Do you think Rinne would've been that upset if he himself flopped?

glenngineer is online now  
Old
03-18-2012, 09:49 AM
  #214
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Also not sure why Wilson is now our consistent scratch. Unless he is injured and no one knows about it, he needs to be in the line up every night.

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 09:56 AM
  #215
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
In history the Preds have rarely done well on the dreaded west coast trips. Another thing along with the Wings that handicap the Preds every year.

Hope everyone enjoyed Klein being back. He did not miss a beat in what he brings to the table. (See breakaway in 3rd)

If Trots scratches people to get their attention and to refocus. I fully expect to see Suter on the bench tonight. You could put him in a Klein jersey lately and you would not know the difference. I bet you see Peka sitting as well. He looked like an AHL goaltender AGAIN last night. He has had some rough games after his being pissed about not making the all star game wore off.

Weber played the breakaway like you are supposed to. He shaded to the man without the puck and attempted to stop the cross cress pass while letting Peka play the guy with the puck, which is what you are supposed to do in hockey, in that situation. Lucky play by the Kings if you watched the replay. 9-10 that does not go in.

When this team plays slow, non physical hockey, and allows more than two goals you can book a loss. Look for an L again tonight. I see it being a slaughter. Hope we can get it back together Tue.
Seriously, your distaste for Klein is ridiculous. You're gonna pick on Klein for a play where Tootoo was covering the point for him and they both missed getting back? How about Suter's poor overall game last night? That is a bigger problem than Klein at this point. Suter is our top pairing guy and he looked like a third pairing guy at best.

Weber did not play the 2 on 1 correctly. His sole job is to not let the pass get to the guy at the back door and guess what happened, the puck got there and it ended up in the back of the net. Weber needs to commit to the guy without the puck and let Rinne handle the guy with the puck. The angle wasn't that great so Rinne should've been able to handle it. It wasn't a lucky play, it was a great effort by the guy getting the puck across and Penner following all the way through to the net. That is determination, not luck. Also, if Weber is tying up Penner, the puck never hits Penner's stick to go in the net, if there is a pass.

As far as history goes and West coast trips, lately we've faired much better than in our earlier years. Didn't we sweep a West coast and Canadian trip last year?

The entire team stunk last night. Our second period was good but the first and third were atrocious. The collapse in the third was especially pathetic. 60 minutes is what it takes to win games in the playoffs. Not 40, not 58 but 60. This team needs to learn this.

glenngineer is online now  
Old
03-18-2012, 10:37 AM
  #216
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
In a way I'm glad we lost. We've been playing sloppy hockey for awhile now, but winning anyway...it's about time the team saw what's supposed to happen when you play that way. Maybe it'll make them wake up and realize they need to get their **** together.

Like others have said, I don't understand why Wilson is scratched. Tootoo has been playing like crap lately, if anyone is scratched it should be him.

And Suter and Weber continue to suck. A couple weeks ago, they had been on the ice for 17 of our 32 even strength goals against since the ASG. The stat can't be much better right now.

AEM6729 is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 11:04 AM
  #217
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
It looks like driving over 1000 miles yesterday was less painful than watching the game.

101st_fan is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 11:05 AM
  #218
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Preds are just trying to position themselves in 6th and get the Pacific division winner
Maybe that is best the way they have been playing lately


Last edited by klt2001: 03-18-2012 at 11:55 AM.
klt2001 is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 11:11 AM
  #219
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
What does running the goalie have to do with anything? All someone was wondering if that should be goalie interference. Happens by accident all the time. Looks like you were the one who started out on an incorrect assumption.
Combined with the earlier comments in the thread that Kopitar hit a rut and tripped in front of the goal, I felt that it was not necessary to explain why it wasn't goalie interference.

Therefore I should be able to give an opinion about Kopitar's tendencies without you chiming in and claiming I had a poor argument... When I wasn't arguing anything at all. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you were just angry at all thing Kings after the loss last night.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
  #220
wadesworld
Registered User
 
wadesworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Weber played the breakaway like you are supposed to. He shaded to the man without the puck and attempted to stop the cross cress pass while letting Peka play the guy with the puck, which is what you are supposed to do in hockey, in that situation. Lucky play by the Kings if you watched the replay. 9-10 that does not go in.
No, he didn't. He stayed on the man with the puck too long, and then realizing it was too late to get where he was supposed to be, he went into the middle of both of them and tried the "I'll put my stick on the ice and block the pass" idea.

Unfortunately, LA was smart enough to realize that he'd screwed up, so they simply elevated the pass over his stick. That's exactly why you get on the pass receiver and not try to play it down the middle - it's too easy for the other team to pass it over your stick or delay and pass it around you.

wadesworld is online now  
Old
03-18-2012, 12:01 PM
  #221
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
No, he didn't. He stayed on the man with the puck too long, and then realizing it was too late to get where he was supposed to be, he went into the middle of both of them and tried the "I'll put my stick on the ice and block the pass" idea.

Unfortunately, LA was smart enough to realize that he'd screwed up, so they simply elevated the pass over his stick. That's exactly why you get on the pass receiver and not try to play it down the middle - it's too easy for the other team to pass it over your stick or delay and pass it around you.
yeah, I'm much rather he had just dove to the ice there, much harder to lift a puck over a body with enough control for the pass reciever to knock it out of the air...

triggrman is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 12:05 PM
  #222
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The first part of what Havlat did I think Rinne was flopping but the second one was not a flop. The guy had his stick right behind Rinne's leg and he pushed his leg. Do you think Rinne would've been that upset if he himself flopped?
just watch it. the link is to the pekka dive thread

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1136427

token grinder is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 12:24 PM
  #223
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Combined with the earlier comments in the thread that Kopitar hit a rut and tripped in front of the goal, I felt that it was not necessary to explain why it wasn't goalie interference.

Therefore I should be able to give an opinion about Kopitar's tendencies without you chiming in and claiming I had a poor argument... When I wasn't arguing anything at all. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you were just angry at all thing Kings after the loss last night.
No disrespect, but what's the point of going onto the other team's board and bringing up something that was resolved 6 pages back anyway? I'm sure intentions were benign, but we all know the blood runs a little hot after a loss, and it shouldn't be hard to understand why some of our posters reacted with a bit of an itchy trigger finger, so it's probably just best to drop it and move on.

Iron Duke is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
  #224
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
yeah, I'm much rather he had just dove to the ice there, much harder to lift a puck over a body with enough control for the pass reciever to knock it out of the air...
Dive or just tie up Penner's stick, and that goal never happens.

Iron Duke is offline  
Old
03-18-2012, 12:34 PM
  #225
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
I think there is more to this team than we know.. like locker room problems. when I look at our roster, I don't see how we're not dominating the play majority of the time. I'm really starting to believe there is internal problems.. I'm thinking suter.. just a hunch.

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.