HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you feelin' lucky, are ya, punk? Flames @ Coilers, 7:00PM on SNET-W & the Fan 960

Old
03-16-2012, 11:04 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
thats a good point, if we are going to lose a game this is the right one to lose
On the other hand, we can only lose a few games. I would prefer we beat these bottom feeders so it wont be a huge deal if we lost to a better team. not throw away one of our few losses that we can have away to the soilers.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 152
Thing is, most of those better teams we have games remaining against, are the ones we're fighting for a playoff spot with.

Whatever. Won 5 in a row. Lost one. Just don't turn this into a losing streak and they'll be fine.

Lack of effort tonight was annoying. The strange amount of calls that weren't made in the first but were called in the third was also annoying.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
On the other hand, we can only lose a few games. I would prefer we beat these bottom feeders so it wont be a huge deal if we lost to a better team. not throw away one of our few losses that we can have away to the soilers.
yeah but this doesn't hurt us as much as it would if we played like this against a team we are fighting for a spot with

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:08 PM
torero

The maine line was being owned by the oilers. Yet they kept exposing them.
the Flames had no imagination. Did the coach even try to shuffle the lines to trigger imagination, creativity and energy ?
The young energy line had no time on ice
Kipp may have kept it .... but wasn't in !

The game was very badly handled by the coach in my view. + no luck + a serious line in front of them as well as an Eberle on fire.

sad !
back to the old habits

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:09 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
yeah but this doesn't hurt us as much as it would if we played like this against a team we are fighting for a spot with
True I guess . But I refuse to see a bright side after losing to the oilers

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:09 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Well that sucked.

Oilers were the better team tonight and deserved the win. Loved Sarich's game.

Bounce back Sunday!

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:11 PM
flameaholic
#neverquit

Looks like the Oilers are starting to turn the tide in the B.O.A. Instead of 7th we drop down to 11th. Remember this one if we miss the playoffs.

Last edited by flameaholic: 03-16-2012 at 11:24 PM.
flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
True I guess . But I refuse to see a bright side after losing to the oilers
at this time of year who we lose to doesn't matter, its their spot in the standings that matters. all i see is that we didn't drop a 4 point game

Old
03-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
The maine line was being owned by the oilers. Yet they kept exposing them.
the Flames had no imagination. Did the coach even try to shuffle the lines to trigger imagination, creativity and energy ?
The young energy line had no time on ice
Kipp may have kept it .... but wasn't in !

The game was very badly handled by the coach in my view. + no luck + a serious line in front of them as well as an Eberle on fire.

sad !
back to the old habits
Thank you for informing us of that. We had no idea.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:27 PM
ian09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post
What a garbage call on Moss...
you serious man? why is his stick in potters leg on the end boards.... such a dangerous play that the nhl is trying to get rid of, give your head a shake

ian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Janko Unchained
Calgary Dumb Dumbs

vCash: 1044
He was already going down and his stick wasn't anywhere near his legs. If anything, it went under his back as he was falling down...

Janko Unchained is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Body Checker

For some reason this loss isn't lingering for me. Time to move on. We win 5 in a row, key wins against sj and phx and we looked tired tonite on back to backs.

Game of inches , the goal line jig by the puck early on in Tanguay's chance really could set the tone if it went in. But it didn't and we lost.

I actually am more intrigued than upset. After the dive the team took last year in March, I am really interested to see where we go from here.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Medium Rare*

I am disappointed in the fact that a huge hit in the opening moments of the game couldn't energize the team and get them flying, especially when that hit led to a PP. This IMO set the tone for the game. The Oilers rallied around Hall and then got a boost from killing the penalty. The Dubnyk save on Tanguay a couple minutes later just caused the tide to continue to turn. Seemed like after that the Flames were put back on their heels.

Old
03-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Body Checker

4th game in 6 nights, that's says something too

Old
03-17-2012, 01:25 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

We didn't let injuries become an excuse, fatigue shouldn't be one either.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:10 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
We didn't let injuries become an excuse, fatigue shouldn't be one either.
Yes I agree no excuses last night Edmonton was the better team they wanted the game more, the won puck battles and played a solid game. We can't make excuses when we lose hope the guys use it as a wake up call that anyone can beat them so they refocus and come back strong next game.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
No one was expecting them to run the table from here on in, but what was disheartening about last night was the lack effort. I'm sure they had an off day and were fatigued but its true that there are zero excuses this time of year. Its all mental at this point.

Lets hope they get back in the win column right away, they can afford 3 maybe 4 more losses and thats it.

On another note, me and brother laughing our ***** off watching the highlights. Sarich looked like he was about take Hall's head off. Sarich has to make that hit, and it was clean. Hall needs to be aware of what the hell is going on, and the fact that he kind of slipped before he got creamed made it worse. But man he destroyed him. Then Sarich goes on to nail Jones behind the net, we kept rewinding that play to see the expression on Jones face when he crying like a little baby to the ref.

Anyways, Sutter was asked for his opinion about the hit after the game, he simply said "he got hit". What a classic Sutter thing to say.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
No one was expecting them to run the table from here on in, but what was disheartening about last night was the lack effort. I'm sure they had an off day and were fatigued but its true that there are zero excuses this time of year. Its all mental at this point.

Lets hope they get back in the win column right away, they can afford 3 maybe 4 more losses and thats it.

On another note, me and brother laughing our ***** off watching the highlights. Sarich looked like he was about take Hall's head off. Sarich has to make that hit, and it was clean. Hall needs to be aware of what the hell is going on, and the fact that he kind of slipped before he got creamed made it worse. But man he destroyed him. Then Sarich goes on to nail Jones behind the net, we kept rewinding that play to see the expression on Jones face when he crying like a little baby to the ref.

Anyways, Sutter was asked for his opinion about the hit after the game, he simply said "he got hit". What a classic Sutter thing to say.
Mumble mumble mumble...

Sarich definitely made a clean hit, but Hall just needs to learn to be more aware of what's going on, and stay on his skates better.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:04 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
I don't place it all on Hall. I put most of the blame on the ice. That's absolutely ****ing bush League ice Edmonton is playing on. My arena has ice that looks better than that. Guys falling all over the place; if I had been playing a drinking game where I took a shot of whiskey every time a player fell, I'd be **** pants drunk and probably waking up somewhere strange.

In my opinion, if not for the ice, Hall would have still be rocked but it would be like the Marleau hit instead of what happened. He would have been winded, but he'd be right out there next shift.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
I don't place it all on Hall. I put most of the blame on the ice. That's absolutely ****ing bush League ice Edmonton is playing on. My arena has ice that looks better than that. Guys falling all over the place; if I had been playing a drinking game where I took a shot of whiskey every time a player fell, I'd be **** pants drunk and probably waking up somewhere strange.

In my opinion, if not for the ice, Hall would have still be rocked but it would be like the Marleau hit instead of what happened. He would have been winded, but he'd be right out there next shift.
I partially agree that the ice is to blame, but Hall still needs to be more aware. He didn't glance up at all to see Sarich on his door step. He's done that a few times with other players, and been rocked pretty hard as well.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Xelstyle

Not much to take to heart if the only positive of the night was that we didn't lose to a playoff contender.
We can play better, we just have to. Man up and get our **** done.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:31 AM
mjw22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post

All the Sutters talk like saying more than 3 words will cause their frickin head to explode

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Body Checker

Terrible night last night.

All that help we were getting a month ago hasn't been happening lately.

Everyone is playing well.

Definitely need the next 2 wins. Re-evaluate after that