HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's stop making main board threads

Old
03-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Ekblast
Formerly Akgoalie7

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ekblast
Let's stop making main board threads

I noticed some of you have been going to the main NHL board and making posts about the Panthers and then you complain when the rest of the league craps on us and you have to defend us/your post.

How about we stop starting Panther threads on the main and just fly under the radar? Let the Cats handle their business and we'll do our gloating from inside our own section.

How abouts?

Ekblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I agree. Lets get into the playoffs first, then BLOW UP the main board!

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Agreed.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThugsNHarmony View Post
I noticed some of you have been going to the main NHL board and making posts about the Panthers and then you complain when the rest of the league craps on us and you have to defend us/your post.

How about we stop starting Panther threads on the main and just fly under the radar? Let the Cats handle their business and we'll do our gloating from inside our own section.

How abouts?
A wise man once said, "Never argue with idiots. they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ..

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
A wise man once said, "Never argue with idiots. they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ..
Nice!

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:49 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I only started one a few days ago because I wanted to point out the irony that the terrible Southeast was 2 points away from taking 2nd in the conference.

I should have seen the **** show that followed coming from a mile away.....

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:49 AM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

We are bragging about what? There isn't anything to show for yet, we still technically aren't even in the playoffs yet. I agree 100% these need to stop, fly under the radar, if we make it and do good then post. Plus all of the people that hate on us secretly love us.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

i agree no gloating. I have more offense with a non panther thread turns into a **** show about how bad our team is.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

It's apparent that we could win the SC and still not be a respected franchise by the hockey elite. I'm ok with that. Fly under the radar for as long as we can!

Sidenote: I don't generally cheer on our division rivals, but NOTHING would make me happier than to see THREE SE teams make it into the playoffs. Is this still possible?

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Our days of flying under the radar have been over for awhile this season. Been in third the whole time, and everyone knows our prospect pool.

We just have to get used to it, we were a joke for a decade, and we're a southern team. I'll step in and defend us, but frankly I don't give a rip. Let em think what they want. Tampa and Carolina don't get the recognition still, neither does Dallas. Oh well, I hate most northern teams, them winning doesn't change that. lol

My work puts me face to face with a host of northerners, I love meeting Canadians and getting onto hockey. I generally get a snicker when they hear I'm a Panther fan, and some don't touch it til I bring up what their team. Then, these highly educated hockey fans are left without much to say when I wind up knowing more than they expected, and often times know more about their teams than they do. I just wish em a good day, say go Panthers, and tell em they can tell everyone they met a real live Panther fan. And I'm gonna go hangout with Santa and Big Foot later.

The threads are going to get attacked. Several are level headed enough to be happy for us, and some who daid they would be are finding themselves now upset because we're in, or because we're currently holding the 3rd spot when their team has more points, and they want to rage away with nerd **** because of it. I'd rather let others bring it up, though Itchy had a good point, just gets looked over. Washington never gets brought up, and as he pointed out neither does Boston...this is our lot, folks. Works for me.

03-19-2012, 06:35 AM
jakethesnake23

IVE BEEN SAYING THIS ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!

I can totally understand why everyone is so excited at the moment. The thought of playoffs is so great and to finally smell them after years in the wilderness is a great feeling.

BUT

Right or wrong, people are gonna hate us. Why beat your head against a brick wall by arguing with them? Anyone from the north will talk down to us, for no good reason. Its hard to convince them otherwise.

Also, the fact is that we havent actually been in the playoffs for 10 years is a good reason to just keep quiet at the moment. Its not really the time to start braggin about how good we are, how Tallon is God, etc.

Sure, we are having a fantastic season, we should feel good about everything that has happened this year and proud of the team. But the real season hasnt begun yet, and thats where it really counts.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:38 AM
jakethesnake23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Our days of flying under the radar have been over for awhile this season. Been in third the whole time, and everyone knows our prospect pool.

We just have to get used to it, we were a joke for a decade, and we're a southern team. I'll step in and defend us, but frankly I don't give a rip. Let em think what they want. Tampa and Carolina don't get the recognition still, neither does Dallas. Oh well, I hate most northern teams, them winning doesn't change that. lol

My work puts me face to face with a host of northerners, I love meeting Canadians and getting onto hockey. I generally get a snicker when they hear I'm a Panther fan, and some don't touch it til I bring up what their team. Then, these highly educated hockey fans are left without much to say when I wind up knowing more than they expected, and often times know more about their teams than they do. I just wish em a good day, say go Panthers, and tell em they can tell everyone they met a real live Panther fan. And I'm gonna go hangout with Santa and Big Foot later.

The threads are going to get attacked. Several are level headed enough to be happy for us, and some who daid they would be are finding themselves now upset because we're in, or because we're currently holding the 3rd spot when their team has more points, and they want to rage away with nerd **** because of it. I'd rather let others bring it up, though Itchy had a good point, just gets looked over. Washington never gets brought up, and as he pointed out neither does Boston...this is our lot, folks. Works for me.
Excellent post Laus. Im sure more people listen you then me so I insist that everyone read this!!!

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:30 AM
RainingRats

I agree, there are plenty of unreasonable, out of touch people here to discuss hockey with.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 05:47 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

OT

Definitely not safe for work and quite profane...

Go to youtube and check out 'Leafs Beefs.' You will appreciate the main forums that much more...

edit: and I agree ... don't make any more threads...

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
It's apparent that we could win the SC and still not be a respected franchise by the hockey elite. I'm ok with that. Fly under the radar for as long as we can!

Sidenote: I don't generally cheer on our division rivals, but NOTHING would make me happier than to see THREE SE teams make it into the playoffs. Is this still possible?
It's possible but very unlikely.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Rats96Yo

Sad fact is no amount of Cups or reasoning will convince these canuckleheads that there are others that share the passion for hockey, much less fans of southern teams. Its an exercise in futility

Rats96Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

i have noticed this too, best thing to do is to not let it get to you, ignore the thread or offending user and use the report button for anything excessive.

Offdapost* is offline   Reply With Quote