HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose in shootout. Get a Point. Everyone is pissed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2012, 01:49 AM
  #101
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Hunger strike - cancelled
PM sent urging you to reconsider.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:54 AM
  #102
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Flames fans warned us about lazy disinterested Bourque.
I thought bourque had a solid game. He had lots of chances but blew a few and had his legs moving all game. Pretty cheap to boo him. That crap is why habs fans have such a bad rep. We shred our own players at every single opportunity.its ignorant and way beyond classless. I d hate to see how these people treat they re kids if they treat they re hockey team that way.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:53 AM
  #103
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
I d hate to see how these people treat they re kids if they treat they re hockey team that way.
I'm not necessarily sure there's any proven correlation between the two...

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:11 AM
  #104
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
I'm not necessarily sure there's any proven correlation between the two...
Well, I guess if their kid plays for the Habs...

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:40 AM
  #105
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
I thought bourque had a solid game. He had lots of chances but blew a few and had his legs moving all game. Pretty cheap to boo him. That crap is why habs fans have such a bad rep. We shred our own players at every single opportunity.its ignorant and way beyond classless. I d hate to see how these people treat they re kids if they treat they re hockey team that way.
Is he a kid, or a grown man? He is a much better player than he has shown but he seems to be still shocked about being traded. He is maybe playing like this to be traded at the draft, if so then hopefully it can be done. The junior kid we got along with him might very well be the best of this deal. I still don't regret us getting rid of Cammalleri but it would be nice to have one of these trades go in our favor just one please God.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:10 AM
  #106
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,434
vCash: 500
I'd give Bourque a try under a real coach before writing him off, it just seems like a lot of players aren't taking Cunneyworth seriously. The other game RC was yelling at Campoli for making a stupid pinch/rush and it looked like Campoli wasn't even listening and he's been doing the same stupid plays the last two games.

The thing I don't get is Bourque hasn't done anything for like 20 games and has looked very lazy and RC has kept him top 6 and given him PP time while Kostitsyn would be put on the 4th line with plugs like Gomez and given no PP time. Just hope we get a real head coach next year.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:36 AM
  #107
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 500
quit winning, and get a top 5 pick,

what the H

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:43 AM
  #108
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I'd give Bourque a try under a real coach before writing him off, it just seems like a lot of players aren't taking Cunneyworth seriously. The other game RC was yelling at Campoli for making a stupid pinch/rush and it looked like Campoli wasn't even listening and he's been doing the same stupid plays the last two games.
He's been doing it his whole career. Why would he suddenly stop now? Same for Borque. Cunneyworth isn't the only coach he's had in his career. He's always been basically the same player.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:02 AM
  #109
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
quit winning, and get a top 5 pick,

what the H
We lost?

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:08 AM
  #110
dcyhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Time for an emotional coach

Martin was a quiet coach. He also had the flaw that is normally a motivator's flaw, like Carbonneau, where he would bench and give up on players for subjective reasons instead of trying to get what he could from them, but he did not fire up the players. This year the D has been weak but I think the main problem, especially late in the game, is a lack of passion. I'm not knocking strategy or system, but I think they need a motivator. Maybe a teacher as well. For a young team the last series of coaches have not been good with young players.

The team is streaky anyway, but it is sort of funny that they are picking up points now in a way they didn't when it would have made a difference. Especially with the large number of injuries.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:09 AM
  #111
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I'd give Bourque a try under a real coach before writing him off, it just seems like a lot of players aren't taking Cunneyworth seriously. The other game RC was yelling at Campoli for making a stupid pinch/rush and it looked like Campoli wasn't even listening and he's been doing the same stupid plays the last two games.

The thing I don't get is Bourque hasn't done anything for like 20 games and has looked very lazy and RC has kept him top 6 and given him PP time while Kostitsyn would be put on the 4th line with plugs like Gomez and given no PP time. Just hope we get a real head coach next year.
Its RC's fault he often gets no hits and no shots on net?

This dude Bourque is a sulker... period.

Poor Pleks.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:10 AM
  #112
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
He's been doing it his whole career. Why would he suddenly stop now? Same for Borque. Cunneyworth isn't the only coach he's had in his career. He's always been basically the same player.
Bourque came exactly as advertised, which makes our idiot GM's decision to trade for him all that more idiotic.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM
  #113
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Bourque came exactly as advertised, which makes our idiot GM's decision to trade for him all that more idiotic.
I think it was a great trade. Arguably the worst player on our roster this season, and most one-dimensional, having the worst season of his career, traded for a cheaper and bigger Rene Bourque, a 2nd round pick and an impressive prospect in Patrick Holland.

I like the trade, but that isn't to say we couldn't have done better.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:32 AM
  #114
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,116
vCash: 500
With nine games left, despite a 6-game points streak, we're last in the East and sitting in 4th pick overall. The Wild are one point ahead/behind us and Islanders are tied, but both have a game in hand. Everyone else near the bottom does too.

In terms of looking for a top 5 pick, the tank is on track. 1 and 2 are out of reach but it could well be a three team race for the next three slots. I'm still hopeful we can finish 4th last.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:50 AM
  #115
Hemlor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't worry. It's going a little further than the recent key games of our playoffs run. Till 2016 to be exact. But that's the management. Is there one thing they are proactive, is to acquire future scapegoats. Pretty sure they could be ready to move on as far as Gomez is concerned....but now they are going to have Bourque replacing him in the "heart" of the fans.

Let's hope that we will have a coach next year who will be just what Bourque wants. 'Cause if not, that will be another freakin distraction, as if we needed more.....
but this scapegoat has a cap hit of 3.3 million, not 6 million, and not 7.5 million. I'm not too worried about it, Bourque is what he is, and is paid accordingly. I don't think he's much of a distraction because he doesn't say anything. It's fans and media that will make it a distraction.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:51 AM
  #116
vad87
Registered User
 
vad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
With nine games left, despite a 6-game points streak, we're last in the East and sitting in 4th pick overall. The Wild are one point ahead/behind us and Islanders are tied, but both have a game in hand. Everyone else near the bottom does too.

In terms of looking for a top 5 pick, the tank is on track. 1 and 2 are out of reach but it could well be a three team race for the next three slots. I'm still hopeful we can finish 4th last.
EDM isn't too far behind. If they win the 2 games they have on us, they'll be only 2 pts behind with 67 pts in 73 games. Everything still possible. Just need to see MIN and NYI starting to get some wins

vad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
  #117
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
He's got good puck handling skills but his skating stride is "choppy".

I don't even think he's the smoothest skating dman on our team (I go with Emelin) but in the league, there are far more fluid dmen. Subban's skating stride has always been ugly to me, especially his first 3-4 strides.
You're certainly entitled to your own opinion about Subban's skating. Doesn't mean it's a good one though. He's probably the fastest skater on this team and keep in mind he plays half the game out there for us.

"choppy" .. lol.. what is this figure skating?

And I will not even ask where you got this notion that Emelin is a more fluid skater. That's just really "out there".

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
  #118
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,108
vCash: 50
I'm surprised no media outlets are taking notice how effect PK is on the PK.

This year he's been on the ice for 8 PPGA in 181:12 minutes of SH time. A ridiculous 22+ min of penalty killing for every PPGA.

Last year he was on the ice for 11 PPGA in 195:27 minutes of SH time. Almost 18 min of penalty killing for every PPGA.

Both years he's been the best on the team, this year especially. Scary part is he's actually been on the ice for only 1 PPGA since Gill's trade and him taking over 1st unit PK.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:03 AM
  #119
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm surprised no media outlets are taking notice how effect PK is on the PK.

This year he's been on the ice for 8 PPGA in 181:12 minutes of SH time. A ridiculous 22+ min of penalty killing for every PPGA.

Last year he was on the ice for 11 PPGA in 195:27 minutes of SH time. Almost 18 min of penalty killing for every PPGA.

Scary part is he's actually been on the ice for only 1 PPGA since Gill's trade and him taking over 1st unit PK.
Gill being a monster on the PK is a myth. I remember reading hard stats (corsi, etc..) on how Subban has always been a better PK specialist than Gill and that was last year when they were a duo.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
  #120
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,108
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Gill being a monster on the PK is a myth. I remember reading hard stats (corsi, etc..) on how Subban has always been a better PK specialist than Gill and that was last year when they were a duo.
Gill is a monster on the PK, there is no denying that. However, Penalty Killer Subban is a monster too.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:12 AM
  #121
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Gill is a monster on the PK, there is no denying that. However, Penalty Killer Subban is a monster too.
Alright, he is pretty decent on the PK I have not said otherwise. But let's face it.. It's because he doesn't have to move around very much and he is so huge, you will just shoot in his shinpads or what not. That's pretty much all he can do though, he'll be a PK specialist from this day forth if coaches want to utilize him properly. Let's not overrate him because he is a Predator now.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:29 AM
  #122
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,108
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Alright, he is pretty decent on the PK I have not said otherwise. But let's face it.. It's because he doesn't have to move around very much and he is so huge, you will just shoot in his shinpads or what not. That's pretty much all he can do though, he'll be a PK specialist from this day forth if coaches want to utilize him properly. Let's not overrate him because he is a Predator now.
Gill brought exactly what was expected and was good player for us and other teams especially in the playoffs. One of the best PK players in the league. Not sure what exact stats you are referring to that shows this isn't true but I'd like to see them. Let's not diminish what he did with us just because he's gone.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:29 AM
  #123
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm surprised no media outlets are taking notice how effect PK is on the PK.

This year he's been on the ice for 8 PPGA in 181:12 minutes of SH time. A ridiculous 22+ min of penalty killing for every PPGA.

Last year he was on the ice for 11 PPGA in 195:27 minutes of SH time. Almost 18 min of penalty killing for every PPGA.

Both years he's been the best on the team, this year especially. Scary part is he's actually been on the ice for only 1 PPGA since Gill's trade and him taking over 1st unit PK.
His great on ice SV% might play into that a little bit but he also had the best relative Corsi on the team (just counting the players who plays signifiant PK time) both years.
Not worried at all about the PK without Gill next year, we keep on limiting chances on the PK without him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Gill being a monster on the PK is a myth. I remember reading hard stats (corsi, etc..) on how Subban has always been a better PK specialist than Gill and that was last year when they were a duo.
To be fair Gill logs much more minutes than Subban on the PK so it might play a bit into that. For example, looking at the stats, Eller looks like a better PKer than Plekanec but I'm 100% sure he isn't.

I'd say they are both damn good PKers, gotta love Gill on a 3on5.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
  #124
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Gill brought exactly what was expected and was good player for us and other teams especially in the playoffs. One of the best PK players in the league. Not sure what exact stats you are referring to that shows this isn't true but I'd like to see them. Let's not diminish what he did with us just because he's gone.
I didn't say the stats showed that Gill isn't one of the best PK'ers in the league. You got it all wrong, I even re-iterated in my second reply that this was not what I was going for. Just saying that Gill's presence on the PK was either overblown or not enough love went to Subban for his better efforts. That's why our PK didn't miss a beat after he left.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
  #125
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
His great on ice SV% might play into that a little bit but he also had the best relative Corsi on the team (just counting the players who plays signifiant PK time) both years.
Not worried at all about the PK without Gill next year, we keep on limiting chances on the PK without him.


To be fair Gill logs much more minutes than Subban on the PK so it might play a bit into that. For example, looking at the stats, Eller looks like a better PKer than Plekanec but I'm 100% sure he isn't.

I'd say they are both damn good PKers, gotta love Gill on a 3on5.
No he doesn't, look at the PK minutes and you will see that Subban had more than him last year and on a better team also while having better Crosi, QualComp. I'm not sure about this year though, but evidence is there that it's probably not a fluke.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.