HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Offensive Underperformers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2012, 09:53 AM
  #26
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Boyle scored over 20 goals last year, he has 6 right now.

You can argue Rupp I'll give you that, but Boyle is without question Dubinsky's biggest company in terms of under production.
...wait you think [B]oyle should be scoring close to 20 a year and that last year was something other than a fluke? Really? Really!? Woooooow. What's worse is you put up that smiley like you were saying something patently obvious when it's painfully obvious how off the mark you are here. Do you really not know that Boyle is a defensive specialist who had one of the greatest puck luck years in history? Remembr the 7 goal start to the season? When has Boyle ever shown that kind of offensive consistency at any other point in his career? Never. Nothing funnier than someone using a smiley when they are completely wrong. Next time you make a comment about player expectation perhaps you should first determine the possiblity of these little things that are called outliers.

Boyle's stats plus his faceoffs plus his D play and leadership = performing up to contract/expectation.

Boyle overperformed x 3 last year


Last edited by JimmyStart*: 03-17-2012 at 09:58 AM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
  #27
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
This thread starts and ends with Dubinsky. Everyone else is still young enough to be considered as growing or making money that they aren't supposed to be a scorer for.

He's the only one you can't justify points for their salary.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:11 AM
  #28
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
This thread starts and ends with Dubinsky. Everyone else is still young enough to be considered as growing or making money that they aren't supposed to be a scorer for.

He's the only one you can't justify points for their salary.
Not only the points, but his play as well.

He's been invisible for most of the season.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:11 PM
  #29
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
...wait you think [B]oyle should be scoring close to 20 a year and that last year was something other than a fluke? Really? Really!? Woooooow. What's worse is you put up that smiley like you were saying something patently obvious when it's painfully obvious how off the mark you are here. Do you really not know that Boyle is a defensive specialist who had one of the greatest puck luck years in history? Remembr the 7 goal start to the season? When has Boyle ever shown that kind of offensive consistency at any other point in his career? Never. Nothing funnier than someone using a smiley when they are completely wrong. Next time you make a comment about player expectation perhaps you should first determine the possiblity of these little things that are called outliers.

Boyle's stats plus his faceoffs plus his D play and leadership = performing up to contract/expectation.

Boyle overperformed x 3 last year
U mad, bro?

Boyle wasn't scoring fluke goals last season. He was coming into his own, it was one season, but the way he was putting the puck in the net makes it frustrating to see him under perform so much compared to last year, because last year he showed his real offensive potential. This is indeed a down year for him, not the norm. I didn't cone into this season expecting 20+ from him buy he should be putting in at least 10-14 goals.

There's a reason Torts has expressed frustration with Boyle's production. It's because he's simply better than this.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:05 PM
  #30
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
I know he is young (hell only 21 years old) but I think Stepan is underperforming as far as his potential goes. I know for a fact that he's got a nice accurate snap shot and can be a great play-maker around the net, but he's young so I guess ups and downs are to be expected from a player of his age. I think in the seasons to come he'll be a serious offensive threat out there on the ice, I just wish he'd get that going right now and in the playoffs .

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:39 PM
  #31
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
I know he is young (hell only 21 years old) but I think Stepan is underperforming as far as his potential goes. I know for a fact that he's got a nice accurate snap shot and can be a great play-maker around the net, but he's young so I guess ups and downs are to be expected from a player of his age. I think in the seasons to come he'll be a serious offensive threat out there on the ice, I just wish he'd get that going right now and in the playoffs .
Stepan has been fine. He's definitely not one of the under performers offensively in any way, especially when you compare what he brings to this team to what his salary is. Very good value there.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
  #32
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'd start packing Dubi's bags now

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:55 PM
  #33
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Lets face it. Every other elite team has 4 guys that you can be reasonably assured will score 20 goals each year and what do we have RIGHT NOW Gabby, Richards and maybe Callahan? We are not very talented offensively and we have to work WAY too hard for wins and you need those easy nights once in a while or it gets really taxing. When was the last time we had a laugher?

Legend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:56 PM
  #34
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'd start packing Dubi's bags now
Who is going to take Dubi with that contract?

Legend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:23 PM
  #35
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
It's so frustrating when you compare our line up to Pittsburgh's. They're a loser franchise that was rewarded for being losers, and they really took advantage of the way the system works. Now they have the first AND second best players in the world... and an awesome third line center who could easily be on a second line on any contender... because they're losers.

It seems the only way we could combat such talent is to acquire it in the draft ourselves. Columbus is rumored to be looking to sell that #1 overall. I would be willing to give up a nice package to get that pick too. Yakupov is the real deal.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:34 PM
  #36
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
Who is going to take Dubi with that contract?
Same was said about Gomez

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:56 PM
  #37
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
Who is going to take Dubi with that contract?
He's definitely movable, you may be underwhelmed with the return however selling with his value so low.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
  #38
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
It's so frustrating when you compare our line up to Pittsburgh's. They're a loser franchise that was rewarded for being losers, and they really took advantage of the way the system works. Now they have the first AND second best players in the world... and an awesome third line center who could easily be on a second line on any contender... because they're losers.

It seems the only way we could combat such talent is to acquire it in the draft ourselves. Columbus is rumored to be looking to sell that #1 overall. I would be willing to give up a nice package to get that pick too. Yakupov is the real deal.
So are we a more admirable team for being painfully mediocre for well over a decade while drafting painfully bad for most of that stretch, fixing next to nothing as far as offense goes, and having to luck out getting players like Lundqvist/Cally/Staal? Hate to be the bubble burster, but being an admirable team to the rest of the league gets you squat. And you really think we're going to pry 1st overall from Columbus? With what package exactly..Anisimov, Dubi and a few prospects who have never seen NHL ice? They want NHL ready players that are sure fire game-changers.

The only way we could compete with a team like Pittsburgh is if our defense didn't **** the bed on a shift-by-shift basis and our offense was good for more than 2 goals a game on a good night.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:12 AM
  #39
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
He's definitely movable, you may be underwhelmed with the return however selling with his value so low.
Patrik Berglund. watch

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:03 AM
  #40
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
U mad, bro?

Boyle wasn't scoring fluke goals last season. He was coming into his own, it was one season, but the way he was putting the puck in the net makes it frustrating to see him under perform so much compared to last year, because last year he showed his real offensive potential. This is indeed a down year for him, not the norm. I didn't cone into this season expecting 20+ from him buy he should be putting in at least 10-14 goals.

There's a reason Torts has expressed frustration with Boyle's production. It's because he's simply better than this.
I guess you werent intelligent enough to figure out that i was amused hence the term "it's funny when" by your understandable ignorance combined with the more egregious patented HF condescension. Not everyone feels the need to use smiley's to express their emotions kid. The fact that everyone in this thread has told you you are wrong should tell you it's time to shut up haha. Keep digging that hole and maybe escape to china "bro"

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:49 AM
  #41
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
I guess you werent intelligent enough to figure out that i was amused hence the term "it's funny when" by your understandable ignorance combined with the more egregious patented HF condescension. Not everyone feels the need to use smiley's to express their emotions kid. The fact that everyone in this thread has told you you are wrong should tell you it's time to shut up haha. Keep digging that hole and maybe escape to china "bro"



Oh man, you're killing me Smalls. I've never met someone so butt hurt over a smiley lol. I didn't agree with you and you went off on a clearly raged response.

Any sane person would expect more offensive production from Boyle than you do for this season, even if last season was his peak, 7 goals is nowhere near where he should be. Here's a tip... just stop now, you're making yourself look bad.


KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:08 AM
  #42
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,338
vCash: 500
Gotta agree with JimmyStart here - no way was I expecting Boyle to duplicate 20+ goals this year. Would've been nice? Yes. Expected? Not in the least. Coming into this year, the guy had 33 goals in 189 games. Hardly a 20+ goal expectation there, especially considering how many of those goals were in one year.

Biggest offensive disappointments - Dubi, obviously, even though he's been relegated (deservedly so) to the 4th line. Maybe Staal, too, who wasn't found his offense yet.

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:19 AM
  #43
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Dubi,only...Like said Boyle is 4th liner,i didnt expect last season to translate over to this one!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
  #44
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post


Oh man, you're killing me Smalls. I've never met someone so butt hurt over a smiley lol. I didn't agree with you and you went off on a clearly raged response.

Any sane person would expect more offensive production from Boyle than you do for this season, even if last season was his peak, 7 goals is nowhere near where he should be. Here's a tip... just stop now, you're making yourself look bad.

Wait lemme try. OMG I've never met someone who was trying so blatantly to get a rise out of me. Daaaamn kid you trollin hard. Failin hard but trollin hard. BTW I like how on this page of the thread alone are what 4 people agreeing with me and 0 with you...like I said I'd shut up kiddie bc you're embarassing yourself.Should be a hockey IQ test to get on HF

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:50 PM
  #45
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Wait lemme try. OMG I've never met someone who was trying so blatantly to get a rise out of me. Daaaamn kid you trollin hard. Failin hard but trollin hard. BTW I like how on this page of the thread alone are what 4 people agreeing with me and 0 with you...like I said I'd shut up kiddie bc you're embarassing yourself.Should be a hockey IQ test to get on HF
Keep the responses coming, brah.


KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:45 PM
  #46
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Keep the responses coming, brah.

Lol'd

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:47 PM
  #47
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,603
vCash: 500
Boyle's a disappointment because I figured after putting up 20 goals he would at least be involved in the offense more this year, even though i figured he wouldn't score much.

Now he's just an overpaid 4th liner.

And don't get me started on Dubi.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
  #48
MDL8981
Registered User
 
MDL8981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
This thread begins and ends with Dubinsky. He gets a pass from many Rangers fans because he's "homegrown!!"

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:08 PM
  #49
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
This thread begins and ends with Dubinsky. He gets a pass from many Rangers fans because he's "homegrown!!"
He gets an F from me :|

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:15 PM
  #50
MDL8981
Registered User
 
MDL8981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
I just hope we can unload his 4.2M cap hit this offseason. Too bad Gainey still isnt running the Habs, we'd have a sucker right there.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.