HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Kings - Deer Ticks are Huge!

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2012, 12:39 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I think there is more to this team than we know.. like locker room problems. when I look at our roster, I don't see how we're not dominating the play majority of the time. I'm really starting to believe there is internal problems.. I'm thinking suter.. just a hunch.
Unless it's Weber .... or Wilson .... or nobody ... or just fans' projection of their own issues onto the team.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Unless it's Weber .... or Wilson .... or nobody ... or just fans' projection of their own issues onto the team.
You mean there's more to it than 'we just sucked last night and really same to hate west coast roadies?'

Old
03-18-2012, 12:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
it could be anyone.. but seriously how do you explain this teams performance at times? I don't think its that farfetched at this to point to believe that.. its happened in the past here

Old
03-18-2012, 12:48 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
You mean there's more to it than 'we just sucked last night and really same to hate west coast roadies?'
you guys think what you want. I love how there is how always a split here.. you are a "negative nancy" and don't know spit about what you're talking about or you're a know it all and try to make other's people seem ignorant because it's not what you see..

either way, this team has a problem in the locker room. whether it be a divided one or a lack of leadership, ect

Old
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
We've done ok on west coast trips the past few years. Maybe it was just sucking ... maybe it was playing two very desperate teams in the last two game ... maybe it's that (insert player here) is the devil and causing problems ... or maybe it's just an 82 game season and there are ups and downs.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
We've done ok on west coast trips the past few years. Maybe it was just sucking ... maybe it was playing two very desperate teams in the last two game ... maybe it's that (insert player here) is the devil and causing problems ... or maybe it's just an 82 game season and there are ups and downs.
I always tend to assume the latter, especially for a team on pace for over 100 pts.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:01 PM
roseyc

Well, last night was pitiful. Suter and Tootoo stood out as the biggest culprits. Why is Wilson setting? Why is Ellis sitting? Wilson was the first half offensive MVP and now he is regulated to Yip status. Ellis on the pp is missing. The Josi and Ellis combo is more effective than Suter and Weber. The reason is that Ellis's shot from the point is more accurate and just as fast and he gets the shot off quicker. Weber's shot is devasting but not always accurate and the shot is not available.Ellis is not going to play that many minutes to hurt us defensively and he is only get better defensively. His outlet passes are the best on the team It was a good one two punch now with this we are down one punch and easily figured out. Trotz's behavior to Wilson is at the heart of the matter with this team. Suter went through this with and because he was defenseman it was easier to fall into line. Trotz's has his favorites and Tootoo being one of them should have sit some time ago. But his wild passes are horrendous. If Wilson does that he might as well start learning to love Miller Lite because Milw here you come. Why are they keeping the K bros apart? If they don't won't them beat up then put Tootoo on their line and you don't have use it all game long but as a weapon. This biggest thing about the team is we have too players who won't shoot. Legwand on the pp wasn't even looking to shoot. Not every garbage goal is going to come from the point. Plus you might he even score with the shot...shocking!!! One of the best wrist shots in the game and he won't shoot. But like Tootoo and Erat and Legwand play in a fog sometimes with their passes. I understand what all bring to the table but their offensive games are suspect. Weber and Suter's play has been weak since the All star break. Suter looks disinterested and both slowed down after Gill arrived. Gill is not the problem. Gill is awesome. They need a fire lit up under their A$$$est. Stop dreaming!! and come win a cup. When the team flounders Rinne has those games and moments. The second and third pairing are wicked. Gill with Josi and then Josi get hurt and Gill with Cube and with Hillen and Franson and Houlder....excuse me the last are not here..strike that....Rinne get confused with Weber and Suter sleepwalking and the merry go round 2nd pairings. Rinne could have stopped some of the goals but not the first one. A Suter screen and great shot by Kopitar. But the rest were preventable this where Suter...starring in "If I Were a Rich Man" and Tootoo starring in the newest version of "Every which way but Loose" entered the picture. Mike Fisher who is the second half offensive MVP wants to win a Cup and he is playing like it. I wish the rest of the team would jump on board

Old
03-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Legionnaire11

the "Enter" key is used to designate paragraphs

Old
03-18-2012, 01:39 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
the "Enter" key is used to designate paragraphs
The "ellipsis" is used to indicate a pause. Semicolons coming soon.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:21 PM
hockey diva

What part of the guys have been playing badly do you not get? All the teams around us are cleaning up their games and winning. We keep getting sloppier and losing games. This is not just down period. It's 3 weeks till the playoffs start and we look as bad as we did in November. This team is a mess right now. EVerything is not okay. And the condecending attitude coming from certain posters is insulting.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:31 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
What part of the guys have been playing badly do you not get? All the teams around us are cleaning up their games and winning. We keep getting sloppier and losing games. This is not just down period. It's 3 weeks till the playoffs start and we look as bad as we did in November. This team is a mess right now. EVerything is not okay. And the condecending attitude coming from certain posters is insulting.
The Wings are 1-3-1 in their last five and a win in any of our last two games would have put us ahead of them in the standings (tonight is our 3rd shot in a row at taking 4th position). The Hawks are 3-2-0 in their last five while remaining four points behind us and us having a game in hand. In that same five game span, the Preds are 3-1-1. Just who around us is cleaning up and winning?

Old
03-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
The team is 6-3-1 in its last 10, which is exactly the same as Chicago and Colorado, one game worse than St. Louis and Dallas (7-2-1), and better than Vancouver and Detroit (4-4-2 and 3-6-1). Despite our relatively poor play, we're staying pretty much exactly on the same pace we've played all season, while playing the most difficult schedule in the league from the All-Star Game forward.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

It really has nothing to do with our record or winning/losing games. It's our play that is worth complaining about. We could be 10-0 and I'd still be just as worried.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
It really has nothing to do with our record or winning/losing games. It's our play that is worth complaining about. We could be 10-0 and I'd still be just as worried.
Nobody is playing perfect hockey anywhere in the league. It's one thing to be concerned about the errors the team makes. It's something else to claim the teams around us winning when they aren't doing so any more than we are. The reality is that we are holding our position with a chance to gain home ice.

Our last three games were against teams currently at the 81-82 point mark and fighting for that 3rd/8th spot. Their playoffs are in full swing already.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
NoNecksCurse

all i hear are excuses and more excuses... if the playoffs started today we would be done in round 1.. we all can agree..record aside, its our play.. we look like manure and of course there will be ups and downs.. right now its more of a down. our only shot is rinne being a god come playoffs.. face the music guys. we still have time to flatten out the wrinkles though.. maybe they can but I highly doubt it. this team is notorious for falling flat on its face when its a pivotal game with any meaning.. lack of focus, leadership, or skill.. we need to figure it out before we're at square 1 w/ no weber or suter

Old
03-18-2012, 03:13 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
all i hear are excuses and more excuses... if the playoffs started today we would be done in round 1.. we all can agree..record aside, its our play.. we look like manure and of course there will be ups and downs.. right now its more of a down. our only shot is rinne being a god come playoffs.. face the music guys. we still have time to flatten out the wrinkles though.. maybe they can but I highly doubt it. this team is notorious for falling flat on its face when its a pivotal game with any meaning.. lack of focus, leadership, or skill.. we need to figure it out before we're at square 1 w/ no weber or suter
I hear a lot of predictions of doom and have all season (all summer before the season started to be honest). We can't score, but we're 9th in g/g. Our PP has, does, and will always suck, but it's 2nd. Our PK slipped, all the way to 12th. We're tied for 2nd in the West in ROW (t-4 league wide). Every loss is OMG, were one and done!!!!!!! Maybe, maybe not and looking at the west a lot of good teams are going home early just based on the matchups.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Nobody is playing perfect hockey anywhere in the league. It's one thing to be concerned about the errors the team makes. It's something else to claim the teams around us winning when they aren't doing so any more than we are. The reality is that we are holding our position with a chance to gain home ice.

Our last three games were against teams currently at the 81-82 point mark and fighting for that 3rd/8th spot. Their playoffs are in full swing already.
Yes, and it's quite obvious we aren't in playoff mode either. Excuse me for being worried about being in coast mode going into the playoffs. Again, I'm not looking at our record or place in the standings, it's about how we've played since the all star break/trade deadline. It's starting to remind me of 06/07.

There's still time to right the ship though.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:23 PM
roseyc

Quote:
I hear a lot of predictions of doom and have all season (all summer before the season started to be honest). We can't score, but we're 9th in g/g. Our PP has, does, and will always suck, but it's 2nd. Our PK slipped, all the way to 12th. We're tied for 2nd in the West in ROW (t-4 league wide). Every loss is OMG, were one and done!!!!!!! Maybe, maybe not and looking at the west a lot of good teams are going home early just based on the matchups.
According to your stats our pp is supposed to be good ...did those pp's look good to you last night?

Old
03-18-2012, 03:23 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Seriously, your distaste for Klein is ridiculous. You're gonna pick on Klein for a play where Tootoo was covering the point for him and they both missed getting back? How about Suter's poor overall game last night? That is a bigger problem than Klein at this point. Suter is our top pairing guy and he looked like a third pairing guy at best.

Weber did not play the 2 on 1 correctly. His sole job is to not let the pass get to the guy at the back door and guess what happened, the puck got there and it ended up in the back of the net. Weber needs to commit to the guy without the puck and let Rinne handle the guy with the puck. The angle wasn't that great so Rinne should've been able to handle it. It wasn't a lucky play, it was a great effort by the guy getting the puck across and Penner following all the way through to the net. That is determination, not luck. Also, if Weber is tying up Penner, the puck never hits Penner's stick to go in the net, if there is a pass.

As far as history goes and West coast trips, lately we've faired much better than in our earlier years. Didn't we sweep a West coast and Canadian trip last year?

The entire team stunk last night. Our second period was good but the first and third were atrocious. The collapse in the third was especially pathetic. 60 minutes is what it takes to win games in the playoffs. Not 40, not 58 but 60. This team needs to learn this.
Actually my opinion on Klein is not ridiculous. If you are going to be out of position and go in deep know who is covering for you and play it safe and when you figure out oh crap they got possession back show some ****ing hustle and attempt to stop the guy from just skating in.
Secondly i mentioned 3 other players in that thread which clearly shows i am not just picking on Klein.

Again Weber handled the play the way you are supposed to. It was a two on one and in that situation you do not commit to one guy. If he commits to the guy who does not have the puck then that leaves the guy with the puck wide open to the net. If he would have commited to the guy with the pass nothing would have stopped the guy with the puck from getting better position on Peks and getting an uncontested shot. You stay in the middle to limit the angle and attempt to stop a cross crease pass. Its simple hockey dude.
If you watch the replay it was a lucky goal and barely beat Peks skate/leg coming across. The pass did not even go to the stick he knocked it in after being deflected.

So in your statement we have faired better on west coast trips hum...
Example 1: Nov 3,6,7 2010 vs Yotes,Kings,and Ducks. Lost all 3.
Example 2: Mar 1,3,5,8 2010 vs Oilers, Canucks, Flames, and Sharks. 1-3.
Example 3: Oct 17,20,22 2011 vs Oilers, Canucks, and Flames. 1-2
This road trip i do not have to spell out. Got to have more wins than losses in more than one trip to the West coast before you "fair much better".

Last edited by VFL615*: 03-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old
03-18-2012, 03:31 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Actually my opinion on Klein is not ridiculous. On the play in reference he is the d-man back with toots who is covering for the D man who went in deep. Klein got beat like the drum he is and has many times this season. If you are going to let them skate by you like a road cone atleast make an effort to not let the guy just skate in.
Secondly i mentioned 3 other players in that thread which clearly shows i am not just picking on Klein.

Again Weber handled the play the way you are supposed to. It was a two on one and in that situation you do not commit to one guy. If he commits to the guy who does not have the puck then that leaves the guy with the puck wide open to the net. If he would have commited to the guy with the pass nothing would have stopped the guy with the puck from getting better position on Peks and getting an uncontested shot. You stay in the middle to limit the angle and attempt to stop a cross crease pass. Its simple hockey dude.
If you watch the replay it was a lucky goal and barely beat Peks skate/leg coming across. The pass did not even go to the stick he knocked it in after being deflected.

So in your statement we have faired better on west coast trips hum...
Example 1: Nov 3,6,7 2010 vs Yotes,Kings,and Ducks. Lost all 3.
Example 2: Mar 1,3,5,8 2010 vs Oilers, Canucks, Flames, and Sharks. 1-3.
Example 3: Oct 17,20,22 2011 vs Oilers, Canucks, and Flames. 1-2
This road trip i do not have to spell out. Got to have more wins than losses in more than one trip to the West coast before you "fair much better".
The whole play was created because Suter let the puck get behind him which created the odd man break. You have to give to the passer; the pass was a beaut! over the stick above the ice... online ....all Penner had to do was tap it in

Old
03-18-2012, 03:37 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
The whole play was created because Suter let the puck get behind him which created the odd man break. You have to give to the passer; the pass was a beaut! over the stick above the ice... online ....all Penner had to do was tap it in
Yep Suter has gotten beat a lot lately that is why i said in an earlier post that if Trots scratches players who need to get their **** together Suter needs to be scratched. No doubt a great pass but it still barely got in behind peks skate/leg. Games of centimeters.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Yep Suter has gotten beat a lot lately that is why i said in an earlier post that if Trots scratches players who need to get their **** together Suter needs to be scratched. No doubt a great pass but it still barely got in behind peks skate/leg. Games of centimeters.
It would be ballsy but both Weber and Suter need to be scratched tonight just to make a statement and get them out of their funk. It won't happen

Old
03-18-2012, 03:42 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Yes, and it's quite obvious we aren't in playoff mode either. Excuse me for being worried about being in coast mode going into the playoffs. Again, I'm not looking at our record or place in the standings, it's about how we've played since the all star break/trade deadline. It's starting to remind me of 06/07.

There's still time to right the ship though.
Who is in full blown playoff mode of the leading teams in the West? Maybe the Blues. Maybe the Nuks, but they aren't getting much of a challenge within their division. Definitely not the Wings who lost in OT to a Sharks team playing the backside of a back to back. Not the Hawks. The Stars are hit or miss right now.

Sometimes it seems that most of our fans couldn't stand here and not jump.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:50 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
This.

It seems the team plays better when we're in claw-for-playoffs mode and Weber has already started to grow his beard.

This year, we're almost definitely going to make it, we've picked up some good players, and everyone is just...meh. This is one of the main reasons I'm sad Radulov isn't making it over this year; we could use a jolt of his energy.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I find it pretty funny how adamant you are being about our play when you even admitted you didn't watch the game last night. Blind homerism at its finest.

Closed Thread