HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil goes after rookie Carter Ashton, fights Grabovski.

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Do people really think that being a rookie comes into the other player's mind when stuff like this happens?
you think Neil is dumb enough to not recognize a rookie when he sees one? actually... maybe.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
you think Neil is dumb enough to not recognize a rookie when he sees one? actually... maybe.
What I meant was rookies don't get special treatment. Just because he's a rookie, he shouldn't be fair game out there? If he's playing in the NHL, he should get the same treatment.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
What I meant was rookies don't get special treatment. Just because he's a rookie, he shouldn't be fair game out there? If he's playing in the NHL, he should get the same treatment.
exactly.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Puritania

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Neil will fight anyone in this league and give them a good run so I don't really have a problem with him as I'd love to have him but I do agree that it's not exactly good for his reputation to go after a kid who doesn't fight then scrap a Euro who's never fought before. I think it's a case of picking and choosing his spots and clearly, Rosehill should be on the top of the list. Rosie is a lot like Neil, dumb as hell and willing to fight anyone. They're a match made in heaven.
Out of curiosity, how is pushing the kid in the back going after him? Why is a push a strong enough action to tarnish an image? Should Neil have sprinted to the bench while Grabo was being aggressive? If Neil went after Ashton then Grabo must have assaulted Neil.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Puritania

vCash: 1206
Shannahan better get the video feed ready for the 5 game suspension to Neil for pushing a rookie. What an animal, Bertuzzi incident version 2.0

Old
03-18-2012, 01:12 PM
ZetterBurger

I can't believe people actually think Neil went after Ashton. He shoved him in the back. He did nothing wrong and Leaf fans and other fans who don't like the Sens use it to try and bash Neil. Softest thread I've seen, ever.

Also, rookies play in the same league as vets. They are not exempt from anything, especially a little shove. Get over it.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM
StrongIslanders90

WoW! good for Grabo....He didnt even take a beating and held his own.....Ashton is a big boy but Its good the rook didnt go at it with neil

Old
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Bruins fan weighing, not surprised Neil with a cheap shot to the rookie. Just pathetic
What cheap shot? the shove to his back?

What does "rookie" have to do with anything? If you think players playing in "their first season with more then 25 games played" should get some type of special treatment? If so, why? What is so significant about a player playing over 25 games in a year for the first time that shields him from a grown man's game?

Rookie status has nothing to do with anything. It's a man's game. Neil gave him a shove to show him that neil's watching him when he goes aggressively to the net like that...then grabovski just jumps neil.

Once again, what is so important about a player playing over 25 games for the first time in the regular season have to do with anything? He should therefore be sheltered? i don't understand your point of mentioning "rookie".

If anyone runs the goalie, accidental or not, rookie or not, should expect a shove from a player on that team. It's a shove, grow a pair.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
So when did Neil land a punch in that fight?
Would you fight Chara?

Old
03-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
I can't believe people actually think Neil went after Ashton. He shoved him in the back. He did nothing wrong and Leaf fans and other fans who don't like the Sens use it to try and bash Neil. Softest thread I've seen, ever.

Also, rookies play in the same league as vets. They are not exempt from anything, especially a little shove. Get over it.
This guy gets it.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Canadian91

Quote:

This pretty much sums up the views of people who aren't Leaf fans.

Nice post, sir.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:03 PM
mooseOAK*

Neil playing the tough guy with three rookies on the ice, no surprise.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:07 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Lord have mercy! Since when does rookie mean soft, weak, cowering, intimidated, unable to stand up for himself, passive, needing protection, requiring special treatment, etc?

Old
03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
BOOM and **** Carter Ashton what a *****
A Sens and Flyers fan from Toronto? Pretty good.

And Neil didn't really "go after" Ashton, but he was obviously trying to be a little *****. Good on Grabo for stepping in. Love the guy. Not much of a fight though, but still good.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Spawnisen
Believe.

nice 4 punches between the legs of the linesman.. sigh

Old
03-18-2012, 02:39 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib View Post
Lord have mercy! Since when does rookie mean soft, weak, cowering, intimidated, unable to stand up for himself, passive, needing protection, requiring special treatment, etc?
The old strawman technique, veterans have been protecting rookies for years since you seem to be new to the game.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:04 PM
WarriorofTime

Rookies are the same as every other player on the ice. If they can't handle it, they don't belong on the ice. Welcome to the NHL kid.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
sniper81

neil being neil.....

Old
03-18-2012, 03:15 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

someone posted this in the leaf forum

Old
03-18-2012, 03:18 PM
xking23
Petersson

What about Phaneuf going after Cowen earlier in the year? I mean how dare the CAPTAIN of the Leafs fight a rookie. What kind of role model is that? Especially in Preseason. What a bad captain.

Why wasn't a thread made them yelling at Phaneuf for being a wimp. I mean really? How biased is this?

Or what about Beauchamin fighting Kovalev, that wasn't a fair fight at all.

So basically, people fight rookies, deal with it. People fight non fighters fairly regularly. This isn't anything out the ordinary, so just get over it and move on people.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
What about Phaneuf going after Cowen earlier in the year? I mean how dare the CAPTAIN of the Leafs fight a rookie. What kind of role model is that? Especially in Preseason. What a bad captain.

Why wasn't a thread made them yelling at Phaneuf for being a wimp. I mean really? How biased is this?

Or what about Beauchamin fighting Kovalev, that wasn't a fair fight at all.

So basically, people fight rookies, deal with it. People fight non fighters fairly regularly. This isn't anything out the ordinary, so just get over it and move on people.
Yeah...uh....Cowen got an instigator on that.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:31 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
someone posted this in the leaf forum

Awesome!

As far as Neil being best pound for pound fighter--there is definitely something wrong there.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
The old strawman technique, veterans have been protecting rookies for years since you seem to be new to the game.
Got any more Maple Leafs wisdom to offer?

Old
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Kevin8se7en
Former Flyers Fan

Leafs fans use to love this when Domi use to do it...

Funny how hypocritical some people can be (If this doesnt apply to you, then my bad)

Old
03-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Kamal007
GOD DAMMIT

vCash: 50
Quote:

Its about picking someone your own size and experience. Anyone remember the clip from 24/7 where Rupp goes after Shelley because he is going after a 22 year old rookie? Calling him out for being a coward? Well its what happens. Its like you guys have never played the game...

Closed Thread