HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus vs. Vancouver | 3/17 10PM EDT | "Copyright Infringement" Edition

Old
03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Ludicrous Speed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Does anyone who actually reads a post know if this is right?
Geez, sorry. Caught me during a peak of insomnia. At least I tried to keep my post upbeat.

*goes back to lurking*

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:43 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
In the four game losing streak which has followed the 4-1 streak, the Jackets "First Line" has pulled a Houdini.

The Captain has 0 points in this stretch. In fact the Captain has 0 points in his last 6 games. It gets worse. If one throws out his 3 point effort in one game since the trade deadline passed, Nash has ONE point in 8 of the 9 games.

Brassard 0 points in last four. 6 points in the 9 games since the deadline passed. Not that bad.

Umberger 0 points in last four. 3 points in the 9 games since the deadline.

$15 million this year for this trio. 24% of all salaries. Good Grief
And this is why I am now back in the trade Nash if anyone will take him mode. He just is too inconsistent. Brassard might be a keeper. Umberger of this year is a no brainer-get rid of him. Possibly use the amnesty buyout option on him that comes to pass. If some unknown injury or personal issue is the reason for his sub-par performance then I don't know what you do.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 04:41 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Please explain this. First Robert chooses to make something about Moore v. Nikitin and now you. What the hell?

Moore is 21 years old, in his third year since his draft and first with regular NHL time. He's developed well and you can see in his game that he projects to be prety damn good if he contiinues to progress.

Nikitin has been a pleasant find. He hasn't disappointed at all and I read no complaints with his game besides the occassional pointing out of a mistake - the kind which gets pointed out regardless of the player. He's 25 years old, in his second season in North America and his game is rounding into form. The only big-picture concern I'm seeing regards communication, something you say he's acknowledged. So what's the problem?
The problem exists mainly on these boards. I agree with your statement that Moore developing quiet well. But a lot of people have no doubts that he has to be on the roster next season and questioning Nikitin. Moore isn't NHL ready, as you said he makes mistakes. And a lot of them. But he still gets "up and coming defensive stood" treatment wile he has to be in the AHL polishing his game. He has to improve a lot off things before playing big minutes in the NHL. Nikitin is a better d-man at almost every component of the game, mostly cause he's older, and I was sceptical about his trade... But I permanently see post like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
What I really want to know is how did we avoid screwing up Moore?
Someone has been bashing everyone for 11 years (actually even in this short post he's bashing every player that was drafted by the Jackets) and suddenly thinks that Moore isn't screwed! Seriously? In my opinion Johnny has a long way to go.

In another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
JJ and Wiz on the PP? Works for me. Maybe it would be best to have them on separate units (Moore and Wiz; JJ and Savard)?
And no one was arguing about that statement! Yeah, Moore on the PP, Nikitin on the 3rd pair. For me that's rediculous.

I was watching the Coyotes game and when Vermette scored on 2 on 1 I was like "WTF, what Moore was doing? Why he's wondering in the neutral zone without the puck wile opposite team scores?!!!". I hoped that someone would admit in the game thread that Johnny makes mistakes and that was the obvious one. But people were blaming everyone but him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Great D by Lebda rofl...of course its Vermette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Vermy goes high glove side on Mason........go figure.......................
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Lebda didn't even try to break that up
I was amazed how blind the people are in their love to John Moore. That was Lebda, Mason, A.Johnson's (even though he wasn't on the ice) fault. But Johnny can't make no mistakes!
I like the guy myself. Mostly for his potential. But he has to prove his right even to be in the NHL, forget about running the power-play. He can only dream to get to the Nikitin or Tyutin level, and people has ho hesitation pencilling him for thenext year's roster and doubting Nikitin. That's beyond my understanding.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I was amazed how blind the people are in their love to John Moore. That was Lebda, Mason, A.Johnson's (even though he wasn't on the ice) fault. But Johnny can't make no mistakes!
I like the guy myself. Mostly for his potential. But he has to prove his right even to be in the NHL, forget about running the power-play. He can only dream to get to the Nikitin or Tyutin level, and people has ho hesitation pencilling him for thenext year's roster and doubting Nikitin. That's beyond my understanding.
Until Howson and Richards start to post here, its all fan opinion, yours being no more valid than anyone else's. Why get yourself all twisted up over people who don't see things just as you do?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:33 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Until Howson and Richards start to post here, its all fan opinion, yours being no more valid than anyone else's. Why get yourself all twisted up over people who don't see things just as you do?
Cmon, I'm not twisting myself. I read the boards for the same reason as everyone - to find out what the other fans of the team are thinking. And when they're wrong in my opinion I'm just pointing at it. I'm glad that the team like the Jackets still has a decent fan base and I can find someone to argue with. "The truth is born in dispute"

Old
03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Yeah cause Howson has it all figured out.

Yeah.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I agree with your statement that Moore developing quiet well.
You say this but then you say...

Quote:
Someone has been bashing everyone for 11 years (actually even in this short post he's bashing every player that was drafted by the Jackets) and suddenly thinks that Moore isn't screwed! Seriously? In my opinion Johnny has a long way to go.
So Moore IS screwed? He's developing as he should be, so far. How you can read anything else into EDM's statement, well, I can't help you. You're looking for something.

Quote:
But a lot of people have no doubts that he has to be on the roster next season and questioning Nikitin.
Questioning Nikitin how? Everyone I'm reading says he's been good. The only concern I see is - does he have to play with Tyutin because of the language barrier? Because he's having problems with other partners.

Quote:
Moore isn't NHL ready, as you said he makes mistakes.
Nikitin makes mistakes. JJ makes mistakes. Wiz makes mistakes. Again, you're looking for something and I'm not sure why.

Quote:
I like the guy myself. Mostly for his potential. But he has to prove his right even to be in the NHL, forget about running the power-play.
Even the post you quoted didn't suggest he should run the power play.

Quote:
He can only dream to get to the Nikitin or Tyutin level,
This is ridiculous, and I'm not even going to address it.

Quote:
and people has ho hesitation pencilling him for thenext year's roster and doubting Nikitin. That's beyond my understanding.
Maybe because it's a load of crap? Save for the language concern, I'm not seeing anyone question Nikitin on next year's roster.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Cmon, I'm not twisting myself. I read the boards for the same reason as everyone - to find out what the other fans of the team are thinking. And when they're wrong in my opinion I'm just pointing at it. I'm glad that the team like the Jackets still has a decent fan base and I can find someone to argue with. "The truth is born in dispute"
Yeah, maybe I stated that a bit too strongly. As you know, finding dispute, around here, is easier than finding "truth"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Yeah cause Howson has it all figured out.

Yeah.

No, but his and Richards opinions on players are the only ones that actually have any effect on who sees the ice.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Moore did make a mistake on that but Lebda did the dumbest thing ever by staying in the middle. He should of taken away the 2nd guy and let mase take the guy with the puck. That isnt "blind love for John Moore".

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
So Moore IS screwed? He's developing as he should be, so far. How you can read anything else into EDM's statement, well, I can't help you. You're looking for something.
I never said that Moore IS screwed. EDM stated that Blue Jackets screwed everyone but Moore which is wrong on any part. That's a logical conclusion and I'm not "looking for something". Is he developing properly? We gonna find it out in a year or two, not now. So far he's OK. Not great, not bad, just OK. He's still developing. I think Blum is a better player now, but Nashville keeps him in the AHL. And they know how to develop d-men. Making every other CBJ prospect "screwed" is just silly.
Quote:
Questioning Nikitin how? Everyone I'm reading says he's been good. The only concern I see is - does he have to play with Tyutin because of the language barrier? Because he's having problems with other partners.
I'm not going to look for all statements where people are doubting his abilities, but I saw quite a few of them and you can find one even in this thread. Look at his play with JJ or Wiz on PK or him running PP with Brassard. I think he looked decent and I won't say "he's having problems" with them. Give him decent partner, not necessary Tyutin, and he's gonna be OK.

Quote:
Nikitin makes mistakes. JJ makes mistakes. Wiz makes mistakes. Again, you're looking for something and I'm not sure why.
Well, that's not about just mistakes. More about his overall game. He looks lost too often to be NHL regular so far.
Quote:
Even the post you quoted didn't suggest he should run the power play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
JJ and Wiz on the PP? Works for me. Maybe it would be best to have them on separate units (Moore and Wiz; JJ and Savard)?
I'm lost here. This post isn't suggesting he should run the power play? I don't get it, possibly that's just my language barrier... I'm like Nikitin - I need Russian interpreter.

Quote:
This is ridiculous, and I'm not even going to address it.
Probably I used wrong wording as it happens quite often to me. Moore CAN be better than any of the 2 Russians, but for now is ridiculous to put him ahead of them on the depth chart. All what I've tried to say is that he has to go a pretty long way to be a top-4 NHL d-man.

Quote:
I'm not seeing anyone question Nikitin on next year's roster.
Did you read even THIS thread and the post I have already quoted?
Quote:
if nikitin plays this bad without tyutin then we cannot keep him around next season
WTF is that? Post like this one ain't rare over here. I think you should stop be concerned about his language barrier, he'll improve it. He's good when he's playing with an NHL partner no matter what nationality he's.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Moore did make a mistake on that but Lebda did the dumbest thing ever by staying in the middle. He should of taken away the 2nd guy and let mase take the guy with the puck. That isnt "blind love for John Moore".
Yeah, but that was a common reaction on Moore's mistake - no one noticed it. Lebda is Lebda. Reading these boards I had impression Moore doesn't make mistakes cause nobody ever pointed at them wile AJ (who actually blows) is responsible for the Kennedy murder.

Last edited by bizzz*: 03-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old
03-18-2012, 08:01 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
...AJ (who actually blows) is responsible for the Kennedy murder.

Ah, ha! I knew it!

Old
03-18-2012, 08:22 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
I guess the problem I have with this comparison is that it exists. I'm not sure I understand why we need to compare who's 'better' between Nikitin and Moore. Both have been bright spots, both have made mistakes. All players make mistakes, even veterans. Watching a young guy make mistakes on this team is a heckuva lot easier than watching an older guy who doesn't belong in the NHL like Lebda or A. Johnson making mistakes.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I never said that Moore IS screwed. EDM stated that Blue Jackets screwed everyone but Moore which is wrong on any part. That's a logical conclusion and I'm not "looking for something". Is he developing properly? We gonna find it out in a year or two, not now. So far he's OK. Not great, not bad, just OK. He's still developing. I think Blum is a better player now, but Nashville keeps him in the AHL. And they know how to develop d-men. Making every other CBJ prospect "screwed" is just silly.
I thought we were talking about EDM's take on Moore not being screwed. He said he's not, you seemed to be taking issue with what he said. Now you're onto the notion that everyone else isn't screwed. Whatever. Moore isn't screwed - seems we can all agree on that. He's developing OK, right? We're all saying that.

Quote:
I'm not going to look for all statements where people are doubting his abilities, but I saw quite a few of them and you can find one even in this thread. Look at his play with JJ or Wiz on PK or him running PP with Brassard. I think he looked decent and I won't say "he's having problems" with them. Give him decent partner, not necessary Tyutin, and he's gonna be OK.
So you're saying Nikitin is playing every bit as well since Tyutin went out of the lineup?

Quote:
I'm lost here. This post isn't suggesting he should run the power play? I don't get it, possibly that's just my language barrier... I'm like Nikitin - I need Russian interpreter.
Don't consider "playing on" the power play "running" the power play. Saw Dorsett out there last night. Is he running the power play?

Quote:
Did you read even THIS thread and the post I have already quoted? WTF is that? Post like this one ain't rare over here. I think you should stop be concerned about his language barrier, he'll improve it. He's good when he's playing with an NHL partner no matter what nationality he's.
Disagree. Posts "like that" ARE rare. Unless you're on the lookout for them. I'm tired of these posts making it out like I'm somehow inclined to prefer Moore to Nikitin. Feel free to continue your "Nikitin not Moore" crusade.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:02 PM
EspenK

[QUOTE=pete goegan;46303731]Yeah, maybe I stated that a bit too strongly. As you know, finding dispute, around here, is easier than finding "truth"!/QUOTE

I disagree

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Medium Rare*

Flames fan coming in peace. Have you heard what happened to Sanford? and I hope Mason is ok.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:18 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
I thought we were talking about EDM's take on Moore not being screwed. He said he's not, you seemed to be taking issue with what he said. Now you're onto the notion that everyone else isn't screwed. Whatever. Moore isn't screwed - seems we can all agree on that. He's developing OK, right? We're all saying that.
My point is WE DON'T KNOW if he's screwed or not. Looking at his recent play and shortened ice time I would make a suggestion he's regressed a bit (maybe regressed is too strong word).
Quote:
So you're saying Nikitin is playing every bit as well since Tyutin went out of the lineup?
Have no idea about bits, but he's not regressing for sure. AJ would have made everyone look worse and sometime he's succeed doing that to Nikitin.
Quote:
Don't consider "playing on" the power play "running" the power play. Saw Dorsett out there last night. Is he running the power play?
Moore shouldn't be on the power-play at all... yet...
Quote:
Disagree. Posts "like that" ARE rare. Unless you're on the lookout for them. I'm tired of these posts making it out like I'm somehow inclined to prefer Moore to Nikitin. Feel free to continue your "Nikitin not Moore" crusade.
I'm OK with having both of them on the team. Crusades ain't for me.

Old
03-18-2012, 09:23 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Ah, ha! I knew it!
We should have made "A Call to Nail" avatar with AJ on it.