HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sooooo sick of hearing about 1994

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
SAvery16*

vCash: 500
Sooooo sick of hearing about 1994

Lets face it.

This team is choking. We are going to go from Presidents Cup to 4th or 5th seed in span of a week and a half.

I blame the 1994 season for this collapse. The Rangers have to hear about it everday from the media/ownership, and read about it all over the garden.

IMO this love affair with this championship needs to end... I was five years old when it happen. I could give two *****!!!! The Rangers given me nothing during my lifetime, and this stupid championship is nothing more than a slap in my face--I bet if you asked the players away from the camera they would say the same thing.

Get Mark Messier out of the organization... Stop honoring Brian Leetch, Adam Graves, and Mike Richter... The players don't want these guys around, and neither do I!!!!

Old
03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I agree. It's time to win another cup.

This is usually the case though win your team doesn't win a lot.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 152
Agreed. Tear down their numbers from the rafters!!

Old
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
IMO this love affair with this championship needs to end... I was five years old when it happen. I could give two *****!!!! The Rangers given me nothing during my lifetime, and this stupid championship is nothing more than a slap in my face--I bet if you asked the players away from the camera they would say the same thing.

Get Mark Messier out of the organization... Stop honoring Brian Leetch, Adam Graves, and Mike Richter... The players don't want these guys around, and neither do I!!!!
How about you grow up and respect players that brought this organization greatness. Stop honoring them? Yeah, let's honor 6 goal Brandon Dubinsky and AHL defensemen like Stu Bickel instead

Old
03-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
It all makes sense now. We don't need tighter defense or secondary scoring. We just need to erase an 18 year old memory from our thoughts, then the Conference is ours.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
It all makes sense now. We don't need tighter defense or secondary scoring. We just need to erase an 18 year old memory from our thoughts, then the Conference is ours.
don't forget the legends in the rafters... they arent that important, right?

Old
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...465&highlight=

03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Forget the conference! The Cup is a guarantee!

Old
03-18-2012, 06:01 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Hahahahaha!

I wish they'd talk more about Sidney Crosby at the Garden instead! I want them to hang his number in the MSG rafters even though he will probably retire in Pittsburgh.

03-18-2012, 06:02 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Old
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Lets face it.

This team is choking. We are going to go from Presidents Cup to 4th or 5th seed in span of a week and a half.

I blame the 1994 season for this collapse. The Rangers have to hear about it everday from the media/ownership, and read about it all over the garden.

Kind of. Its more of the Pens and Flyers winning every night for why its gotten so close.

Yeah, we'll probably end up the 4 seed, and sadly.. maybe even 5th.

But what the hell does 94 have to do with anything?

Old
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
JT Kreider

Good idea, terrible execution.

From a fans perspective, I agree that MSG ownership shoves 1994 down our throats every single game. You can't go a single broadcast with it being mentioned somehow.

Even when you go to MSG to attend a game, its 1994 this, 1994 that.

From a players perspective it should serve as a form of motivation and a reminder of what being a winner in this city means, and what it means to be a New York Ranger.

From a media perspective, well thats their ****** job. The hockey media in NY is really not that big of a "pressure cooker" in comparison to the other O-6 teams.

First we complain that the Rangers don't get enough attention (which is probably true). Then we complain when the media, who are always looking to stir the pot, bring attention to the greatest accomplishment this organization has experienced in the last 70 YEARS.

#bi-polar

Old
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Kind of. Its more of the Pens and Flyers winning every night for why its gotten so close.

Yeah, we'll probably end up the 4 seed, and sadly.. maybe even 5th.

But what the hell does 94 have to do with anything?
Don't you realize 94 is the reason why the Penguins won 11 in a row and the Flyers have won 8 of 10 and gotten points in 9 of their last 10?

Old
03-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Fanned On It

LOL this thread is ********... If anything honoring those legends is something that the current NYR should use to motivate them. Every time they look up in those rafters they should be encouraged and believe that it IS possible for them to win and go all the way.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
ck20

vCash: 1050
Shouldn't feed the trolls.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
JT Kreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
LOL this thread is ********... If anything honoring those legends is something that the current NYR should use to motivate them. Every time they look up in those rafters they should be encouraged and believe that it IS possible for them to win and go all the way.
Yeah, you'd like to think that this is a very tough team mentally. If they're going to succumb to the pressure of a 15 year championship drought, then this team was never as good as we/they thought.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

The comparisons were just ridiculous and stupid, but I doubt it affects the players. This looks to me like trying to find an excuse for has simply been poor execution.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:30 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Too bad the OP has no recollection of 1994 because he was 5. Too bad he still has the mentality of a 5 year old. He is still stuck at 5. The Rangers of 1994 saw their lead shrink at this point in the season. The Hawks came into the Garden on a Friday night and they smacked the Rangers around. A week earlier,the Rangers were outclassed in Detroit. The Rangers went 2-4-2 and then won 2 straight. 4-4-2. Then they played a horrible game on a Sunday afternoon game on ABC in Winnipeg. 4-5-2. The panic set in. Same old Rangers. The Devils were within striking distance. The Rangers righted the ship and won 5 straight games including a huge game in NJ. The Rangers clinched the Presidents Trophy on April 8,1994. Same day Kurt Cobain was found dead.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Too bad the OP has no recollection of 1994 because he was 5. Too bad he still has the mentality of a 5 year old. He is still stuck at 5. The Rangers of 1994 saw their lead shrink at this point in the season. The Hawks came into the Garden on a Friday night and they smacked the Rangers around. A week earlier,the Rangers were outclassed in Detroit. The Rangers went 2-4-2 and then won 2 straight. 4-4-2. Then they played a horrible game on a Sunday afternoon game on ABC in Winnipeg. 4-5-2. The panic set in. Same old Rangers. The Devils were within striking distance. The Rangers righted the ship and won 5 straight games including a huge game in NJ. The Rangers clinched the Presidents Trophy on April 8,1994. Same day Kurt Cobain was found dead.
Kurt won us the Presidents trophy!

Old
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
JT Kreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Harsh bro, Harsh.

While we are at it:

In 1994, didn't the Rangers start the season in Europe? (same as bos, chi and pitt in their cup winning years.)
In 1994, didn't the Rangers deal with Chicago at the trade deadline? (oh, that explains the Scott addition??)
In 1994, wasnt there about to be a new CBA negotiated?
In 1994, didnt the Rangers send 4 players to the ASG, and wasnt a Ranger named All-Star game MVP?

Old
03-18-2012, 06:37 PM
chosen

Quote:
Lets face it.

If not sarcastic, you're scaring me.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

I would think a 23 year old isn't so stupid. But this is the same guy behind the Brad Richards Sucks thread, so it doesn't take me by surprise.

Closed Thread