HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predictions for rest of season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
  #51
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,378
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
I admit that my frustration level is much higher due to the way everything is happening...if they were just a mid-seed team all year i.e they stayed around the 4,5,6 seed area...then I'd probably be fine w that.

I think the fact that we've gotten teased the way we have...being in 1st for so long you begin to start to dream big even if your mind tells you it really cant happen. "Hey you know, maybe we ARE this good!". Then they come back to the pack, you see the flaws you felt were there all along...and reality gives you a big punch to the face. It would be a huge dissapointment to me to be in 1st for as long as we have been (including have a double digit point lead) and then end up losing it in the final 10 games.
It's the old "tease and scare" tactic, only in a safer way this year. Last year: Dropped in the standings to like 10th, then stole 8th at the last game. This year: Scare us all to death and win 1st by 1 point.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
  #52
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
He hasn't been that good. Ill give you guys some good offense and a little above average D without Pronger. But Richards and Carter were pretty stellar, dunno why you'd can that. Either way, for the time being we are superior and anything said otherwise is again, irrelevant.
Like I said.. You haven't watched our D or what it can do. In yoru memory you have 5 regular season wins against team that iced 7 rookies and Shelley with some ****** goaltending for the most part.. Playing healthy Flyers won't be easy playoff run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Edit: I don't think Grossman came from the Carter and Richards trade..
LA 2nd was traded for Grossmann. So he is a part of overall package

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
  #53
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,378
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Like I said.. You haven't watched our D or what it can do. In yoru memory you have 5 regular season wins against team that iced 7 rookies and Shelley.. Plying healthy Flyers won't be easy playoff run

Doesn't make a full excuse... ever hear of up the Ante?

LA 2nd was traded for Grossmann.
In the end you gave that up for him.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
  #54
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,153
vCash: 50
If we remain in first: I expect a 4 or 5 game series against whoever sneaks in.
If we drop to 4/5th: I expect a 6 or 7 game win against the Flyers.
If the Flyers take first and we play Pittsburgh.........God help us.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
  #55
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,378
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
If we remain in first: I expect a 4 or 5 game series against whoever sneaks in.
If we drop to 4/5th: I expect a 6 or 7 game win against the Flyers.
If the Flyers take first and we play Pittsburgh.........God help us.
^Unlikely. Flyers can't catch Pitts in 10 games. Pitts is too good. Us and Pitts will continue to go back and forth for 1st. Eventually we'll be screwed by them though

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:27 PM
  #56
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
seriously?!?!? we had a great season despite what is going down now. But in all honesty, there is no way we could start to believe that a team with it's bottom two line pairing of Feds-Boyle-Prust and MZA-Mitchell-Rupp and an off season from Dubi and now A.A. out bring us to the promised land!!!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
  #57
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 6,025
vCash: 50
I say we'll fall to 4th and play Philly.
If we beat them we likely play Boston in the second round.

If we stay in 1st place, we would likely play New Jersey in the second round.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
  #58
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,378
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
I say we'll fall to 4th and play Philly.
If we beat them we likely play Boston in the second round.

If we stay in 1st place, we would likely play New Jersey in the second round.
all the reason why we need better scoring to stay up here comfortably

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:15 PM
  #59
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Humble predictions..

1.we somehow remain in first place..

2. We bow out in the Second round after loosing 4-2 in games..

3. We loose one important player to long term injury, I'm thinking Gaborik.

4. Kreider is not coming before the summercamp..

5. Mza get's sent down before the play of's starts..despite being one of the teams best players..

6. Scott follows mza to AHL..

7. Boyle is traded in the summer..

8. Feds will not get another contract..

9. We sign an elite player and trade for some new guys..

10. I'm all wrong, tired and drunk..and everything is going to go our way..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:25 PM
  #60
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
If Anisimov isn't out long term like people are suggesting, then they can finish with more points than my 5-3-3 prediction. I would like to see lines of something like this:

Hags-Richie-Gabby
Zuke-Stepan-Cally
Dubi-Artie-Mitchell
Feds-Boyle-Prust

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
  #61
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
It's once thing to argue and proving me wrong. Another thing is to run your mouth for the hell of it.Flyers did not trade Carter and Richards for Bryzgalov. TheyHomer traded both because he did not think we could winwith both. GM decision. We'll see how it'll play out

Flyers received Simmonds, Couturier, Schenn, Voracek and Grossmann for Carter and M.Richards.

Bryzgalov has been good since All Star break. A little longer 4-5 games
Why are you even here? This isn't the Flyers board. If you wanna come here and talk about the Rangers you're more than welcome but don't ****in come here and argue with us.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:29 PM
  #62
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,378
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Why are you even here? This isn't the Flyers board. If you wanna come here and talk about the Rangers you're more than welcome but don't ****in come here and argue with us.
Dunno why but it seems to happen with the flyers and devils fans here. They come and complain. Oh well. us>Them. hell us>everyone.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:30 PM
  #63
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Ugh this is such bull.. I honestly don't see us going past the first round with the scoring problems we have. It feels terrible to have to rely on your goalie standing on his head in order to get through the playoffs and that's most likely what's going to have to happen. I wish Kreider would suck up his pride and just PLAY in the NHL already, lol. All kidding aside... it really sucks that we don't have one more offensive juggernaut on this team that can snipe us some playoff wins. Blocking shots doesn't get you to the cup..

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:30 PM
  #64
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Why are you even here? This isn't the Flyers board. If you wanna come here and talk about the Rangers you're more than welcome but don't ****in come here and argue with us.
Are you a moderator?

Plenty of NY Rangers fans come to Flyers boards... Are you insecure?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:31 PM
  #65
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Ugh this is such bull.. I honestly don't see us going past the first round with the scoring problems we have. It feels terrible to have to rely on your goalie standing on his head in order to get through the playoffs and that's most likely what's going to have to happen. I wish Kreider would suck up his pride and just PLAY in the NHL already, lol. All kidding aside... it really sucks that we don't have one more offensive juggernaut on this team that can snipe us some playoff wins. Blocking shots doesn't get you to the cup..
That's what everyone says, but I place recent struggles 100% on the defense.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
  #66
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
That's what everyone says, but I place recent struggles 100% on the defense.
Well it's most likely parts or both the offense and defense. But more scoring can sometimes make up for defensive lapses ya know?

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
  #67
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Are you a moderator?

Plenty of NY Rangers fans come to Flyers boards... Are you insecure?
I don't think your opinion is wanted or needed here.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
  #68
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't think your opinion is wanted or needed here.
If my opnon is unwanted here mods will remove me or ban me. I do not think YOU should be able to tell HF memebrs what to post and what not to post.

or am I insulting you?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
  #69
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
If my opnon is unwanted here mods will remove me or ban me. I do not think YOU should be able to tell HF memebrs what to post and what not to post.

or am I insulting you?
Dude you can post whatever you want I don't understand why it's such a big problem... who the fck cares, guys? Seriously.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
  #70
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
If my opnon is unwanted here mods will remove me or ban me. I do not think YOU should be able to tell HF memebrs what to post and what not to post.

or am I insulting you?
Yeah I think it's very insulting to come onto another team's board and outline how difficult it's gonna be for them to beat your team.

It's one thing to enter another team's board in good faith. You came in here to primp up the Flyers and start an argument.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:43 PM
  #71
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 500
I still think we win the division.

__________________
WIN NOW
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:46 PM
  #72
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Dude you can post whatever you want I don't understand why it's such a big problem... who the fck cares, guys? Seriously.
That's what I thought? heh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's one thing to enter another team's board in good faith. You came in here to primp up the Flyers and start an argument.
I came in good faith and told you that you are not going to beat healthy Flyers in 5 games especially when Bryzgalov settle down. I guess you did not want to hear it? Sorry about that.

You are insulted?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:51 PM
  #73
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
I came in good faith and told you that you are not going to beat healthy Flyers in 5 games especially when Bryzgalov settle down. I guess you did not want to hear it? Sorry about that.

You are insulted?
I really don't want to discuss anything with a Flyers fan on our board. There's a reason teams have their own boards separate from the main board.

I can't believe you felt the need to come here and point out that the Flyers are healthy and Bryzgalov is playing well. I really don't care.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:52 PM
  #74
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I really don't want to discuss anything with a Flyers fan on our board.
good. Feel free to put me on ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I can't believe you felt the need to come here and point out that the Flyers are healthy and Bryzgalov is playing well. I really don't care.
Now you are just cracking me up. Are you serious? lol







Rhetorical question...

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
  #75
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Last night we looked good . I honestly think going forward the team would be better off going with more skill , trading chances for a larger part of the season and then come The last 1/4 of the season tightening up and playing a more trapping playoff style game .
Playing 82 games like it's a game 7 worked for awhile but the injuries we get every year popped up again only a little later . Th players not injured are playing like they are worn out and ultra banged up .
I think th NYR have actually looked good playing a more open style last few games . ( NYI , Car and even yesterday we put a lot of rubbe on Varly

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.