HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

My series of moves...

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 08:46 AM
camboy

vCash: 500
My series of moves...

I have proposed these potential moves before, but still think they are realistic improvements for the Oilers.

Comrie and a 3rd for Marleau
Horcoff and Chimera for Brown and Delmore
Isbister for Vishnevski

What the Oilers get: A big front line center who allows Smyth to move back to wing and can also convert some of Hemsky's passes. In Brown we get a solid 2nd line center with playmaking ability and excellent face off skills. Delmore gives the Oilers a power play point man (while Bergeron develops) and Vishnevski is a physical top four D man(an upgrade on Cross and a fellow countryman for Semenov). The Oilers would be trading away 6.2 mil in salary(assuming Comrie makes around 3 mil) and would be taking back 6.2 mil in salary.

Line up:

Smyth Marleau Hemsky
York Brown Dvo
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Stoll Laraque
extras: Salmo, Sarno, Rita

Brewer Staios
Smith Vishnevski
Cross Semenov/Delmore
extras: Bergeron, Ferguson

So, what do you all think? Is this a reasonable improvement for the Oilers?

Old
11-16-2003, 09:24 AM
zamboni

Delmore is a healthy scratch already for Buffalo and would get boo'd out of Edmonton after one shift.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Asiaoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Delmore is a healthy scratch already for Buffalo and would get boo'd out of Edmonton after one shift.
The Sharks would be idiots to trade Marleau for Comrie even though I would love the trade as an Oiler fan. Why would you trade a big offensive center for a small offensive center? Makes no sense from a sharks perspective.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:48 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
The Sharks would be idiots to trade Marleau for Comrie even though I would love the trade as an Oiler fan. Why would you trade a big offensive center for a small offensive center? Makes no sense from a sharks perspective.
Because Comrie has shown a nack for scoring when it is important (game winners) and because Comrie is younger and has already posted a better season, and would have posted another if not for injury.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:39 AM
camboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni

I am thinking that Buffalo and Lindy Ruff are not a good match for Delmore's talents. He was far from a healthy scratch in Nashville where he scored 18 and 16 goals the last two years. I think the only reason they traded him was to make room for Zidlicky. The Oilers need a PP guy to stand at the point and fire shots on net. BIG TIME!

Old
11-16-2003, 10:45 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
Because of the Third Round Pick!! Duh.

:p

Closed Thread