HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Coyotes 3 Oilers 2 SHOOTOUT

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Smartguy

vCash: 580
We cant blow a two goal lead when battling for a spot in the tight western conference playoff run.... Oh wait

Old
03-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Perfect_Drug

vCash: 500
super lame way to lose

Old
03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
MessierII

Why do we always sit back when we get up by 2? We've lost so many games this year like that.

Old
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
Ray Whitney owns us....every time

Old
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
at least the nuge got a point.

right?....right?

Old
03-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
super lame way to lose
Meh, we had better quality chances smith made some great saves, RNH crossbar, 1 petry mistake and its tied

Old
03-18-2012, 10:08 PM
SilverHaireDevil

sucks, oh well at least the flames lost to the jackets

Old
03-18-2012, 10:09 PM
oilersfan11

Just 10 games to go.

OilersPredators
OilersLightning
OilersPanthers
OilersBlue Jackets
StarsOilers
KingsOilers
OilersDucks
OilersKings
DucksOilers
OilersCanucks

Old
03-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
at least the nuge got a point.

right?....right?

Unfortunately, he did not.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:11 PM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKY D ELEPHANT View Post
agreed, he makes one nice play and people think he's our next #1.
One nice play? He has had about 20 excellent games going into tonight and has been our best defenseman along with Smid so i have no idea what you're talking about.
He had a tough game tonight, big fn deal.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:12 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Ray Whitney owns us....every time
The sad part was, we owned him at one time but the coach back then didn't see him as a good player and got rid of him.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Yeah. We saw the good, bad and ugly from Petry tonight. This is why I don't refer to him as a top pairing Dman like some people around here like to. He's come a long way since the start of the season but he still has a lot to learn before he will be a true top pairing guy on a playoff team.
Precisely. A lot of counting eggs before they're hatched. A year ago we don't even know if Petry will be an NHL player. Now that few months with all the acolades.

Brutal decisions by him tonight. Also getting owned in the OT period and resulting in the penalty.

As for Torres of course I'm going to be talking about this. Anybody on this board STILL prefer a plug like Eager over Torres?

You guys know who you are. fess up.

Torres with 14goals and counting despite getting bottom minutes and less than 11/night. This would still be a 20 goal scorer with any kind of minutes.

Finally, anybody else watch how Torres braces for hits along the boards and never gets badly drilled or hurt? Should be required watching for our entire club. The Oilers were trying to run Torres tonight and couldn't hurt him at all.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Smartguy

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
One nice play? He has had about 20 excellent games going into tonight and has been our best defenseman along with Smid so i have no idea what you're talking about.
He had a tough game tonight, big fn deal.
Finally someone said it, petry has been one of our best defenseman this year by far and his good plays outweigh the bad ones this year by far, he's young and going to make mistakes and have a bad game it happens. Some fans need to give the guy a break

Old
03-18-2012, 10:14 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Precisely. A lot of counting eggs before they're hatched. A year ago we don't even know if Petry will be an NHL player. Now that few months with all the acolades.

Brutal decisions by him tonight. Also getting owned in the OT period and resulting in the penalty.

As for Torres of course I'm going to be talking about this. Anybody on this board STILL prefer a plug like Eager over Torres?

Torres with 14goals and counting despite getting bottom minutes and less than 11/night. This would still be a 20 goal scorer with any kind of minutes.

Finally, anybody else watch how Torres braces for hits along the boards and never gets badly drilled or hurt? Should be required watching for our entire club. The Oilers were trying to run Torres tonight and couldn't hurt him at all.
Torres was brutal in his final year here.

I guess he picked tonight as his one game in 10 to show up.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:15 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Haha, the first time we hear Torres' name at all in 4 games against Phoenix this year and guess who shows up?

Raise your hand if you're surprised.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Torres was brutal in his final year here.

I guess he picked tonight as his one game in 10 to show up.
Torres was recovering from injury in his final year here. He's better than any player we've had here in a similar capacity ever since. Theres was no reason for the trade then, and its never made sense. Torres showing it to the Rexall faithful again tonight.

Good for him.

Whats your take on Eager. Torres hits twice as much as Eager always, scores twice as much as Eager always, and is twice the player. You wanna talk invisible? I give you Eager all year.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
harpoon

Quote:
One nice play? He has had about 20 excellent games going into tonight and has been our best defenseman along with Smid so i have no idea what you're talking about. He had a tough game tonight, big fn deal.
Yup . On hfoil its more like "have one bad game and watch the fans forget everything else you've done all season long" .

Terrible boring game .
I was going to post something about Torres getting the best linemates and still being invisible all night long but thought better of it ... sure enough he scored ten minutes later .

Solid game by Dubnyk .

Quote:
I did watch Sam Gagner run over him behind the net like he was a sheet of paper .... is that what you mean ?

Old
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Torres was recovering from injury in his final year here. He's better than any player we've had here in a similar capacity ever since. Theres was no reason for the trade then, and its never made sense. Torres showing it to the Rexall faithful again tonight.

Good for him.
When did he show up the other 3 games against the Oilers? Oh wait, he didn't.

This is the first time all year I've heard his name. Not even in the Flames broadcasts did I ever hear his name.

Good for him for scoring a goal, I guess.

You're probably the only one on this entire board who wants him back.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:20 PM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

Quote:

Petry deserved the accolades, he has been playing great. Why are people getting on him for one rough game (still had a primary assist BTW)? So annoying.

Also, who cares about Torres?

Old
03-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Haha, the first time we hear Torres' name at all in 4 games against Phoenix this year and guess who shows up?

Raise your hand if you're surprised.
Well its been since last season tht he scored a hat trick against us so not much to talk about. Apparently according to your post Torres is supposed to be a goal a game or something against us on 10/mins night..

Old
03-18-2012, 10:23 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Er, did I miss a thread on Eager and Torres?

Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
When did he show up the other 3 games against the Oilers? Oh wait, he didn't.

This is the first time all year I've heard his name. Not even in the Flames broadcasts did I ever hear his name.

Good for him for scoring a goal, I guess.

You're probably the only one on this entire board who wants him back.
Which has more to do with people on this board developing a particular dislike for certain players than what said players actually bring to the table.

Citing what this board would want on this matter is specious. Pretty much everybody here, including cup of oil, felt the brule trade was a steal and Raffi junk. Pretty much everybody here felt Eager would be better.

Hows that working for ya.

Old
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Would rather see Petry on the pp than Whitney or Potter.

When Hemsky shows up like this it makes the sleepwalking games even more irritating.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Tyrolean

Ryan Whitey is too slow for the PP and Horcoff fumbled the puck and that is what ultimately led to the defeat.

Well at least it puts the screws deeper in the Flames coffin. Too bad Nuge didn't get any points but the Landeskog is pretty sure to win the Calder anyway.

You don't want the Oilers to go on a late winning streak at all so in the end it sort of worked out.

Yes, pathetic way to look at things but since you are out of the playoffs try to get the best possible draft position while gaining experience for the kids.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Petry deserved the accolades, he has been playing great. Why are people getting on him for one rough game (still had a primary assist BTW)? So annoying.

Also, who cares about Torres?
Its far too early to be calling what Petry is except our illustrious GM did that thinking that Petry is going to be an excellent and solid D for years to come. Will he?

We'll see.

heh, I care about Torres. A crowd of a few here. Never could understand the dislike for the player. He'd make us a better club. WE have about 2 players on this club that could wire that tying goal home like Torres did. How'd you like to have a guy like that on bottom six that can change the whole outcome of a game?

Closed Thread