HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose in shootout. Get a Point. Everyone is pissed.

Old
03-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
You know why Gill and Gaustad got better return than Kostitsyn and Cammy? Because GM's arent affraid to pay a little more not to get a lazy bum like the last 2.

Nobody wanted Cammy and nobody wanted Kostitsyn., get over it people.
Hmmm, actually yes, at least 2 teams wanted those players seeing how they got traded. So already, you're wrong.
And they didn't give us 7th rounders for them, they gave valuable assets in return. The discussion is that we probably could have gotten more.

I also don't care if 28 other teams are after Gaustad, paying a 1st round pick for him is just way too much.

And if you're of the mold of people that think any professional athlete that reaches elite level in this world can actually be lazy, then you really don't know the definition of laziness.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
You know why Gill and Gaustad got better return than Kostitsyn and Cammy? Because GM's arent affraid to pay a little more not to get a lazy bum like the last 2.

Nobody wanted Cammy and nobody wanted Kostitsyn., get over it people.
I have no idea how people know those things. Would be true if we'd know that both of those guys were offered to everybody. And that the only thing we got from teams were 2nd round picks. That way, you'd know for sure. No reason for Gauthier to not pick a better draft pick than the one offered. But how do you know Gauthier was just not evaluating Geoffrion and 2nd as a much better return? How about Bourque, Holland and 2nd? How about Gauthier receiving 5ish offers, yet, decided to go with what he thought to be better packages?

I feel that the "nobody wanted" or the "he had to go" and "addition by substraction" are just ways to make us feel better. I mean, at one point, those statements might be just as false as the "we could've gotten way more".

Personnally, if I'm a GM in the league, I see the trades the Habs makes, I see the number of players that ended up better players once they left, and I'd be real tempted to deal with the Habs. Of course, there might be a limit to what you can do. If you have a team who is already close to the cap, you still have 6M$/year to give to Cammy. See, I will believe that other players weren't traded....and it can't always mean that they everybody who weren't traded were not in demand.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Okay, so he has poor technique in his stride, In other words? Very well. But does that prevent him from being one of if not the fastest skaters on the team? Subban has flaws but why the **** are people on him abotu his skating now like Shabitue.

come on, really? Jump off a bridge.
You either have major reading comprehension issues or are trying to pick fights for no reason.

Never did I say that Emelin was faster than Subban, he's not. He's a more fluid skater (which others have agreed with). I'm not putting down Subban in anyway, he's still a better dman and more skilled than Emelin. His skating stride is just not as fluid or nice to look at than Emelin - not sure why that's such a huge deal.

Here are the numbers that you wanted though...

Try to be less "in your face" in the future.

Edit: Just re-read your post. Telling me to jump off the bridge and now you're proven wrong...ahhhhh as Price the Nice would say: "Casse!"

PS: Not sure why me saying that those players are faster than Subban (my 3rd favorite player on this team btw) was such a bad thing. Just because Subban is not as fast as Cole, Patches, Gomez, Eller; doesn't mean he's a bad player. Being argumentative is one thing, but being a complete homer and not keeping an open mind that other players on this team or in the league might be better at 1 thing than one of your favorite players is foolish.

Last edited by Shabutie: 03-18-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Emelin is faster than P.K and a better player

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Andros777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Emelin is faster than P.K and a better player
I agree.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:22 PM
coolasprICE

there is nobody on this team that can skate with the puck from 1 end to the other faster than Subban.

Most players fall in the same range speed wise -- what separates PK's speed is game time situation.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
there is nobody on this team that can skate with the puck from 1 end to the other faster than Subban.

Most players fall in the same range speed wise -- what separates PK's speed is game time situation.
Why is everyone getting so defensive about Subban? Jesus christ, someone brought up that they thought Subban was one of the most fluid skaters in the league - I brought up an opinion that others agreed with, which should have no bearing on how good of a player Subban is. He's effective, but his skating stride isn't the prettiest to look at. Does that mean he's slower than Emelin? No, does it mean that he can't bring the puck in the zone as well as Emelin can? No...

Also, the guy in your avatar is just as effective as Subban at bringing the puck from end to end.

More than ever, I can see why people hate arguing with Hab fans.

Old
03-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Yeah but if Emelin always had the puck he could do the same

Emelin is faster than Subban and just better at scoring goals, because he always has chances with Plekanec on the PK.

Old
03-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Yeah but if Emelin always had the puck he could do the same

Emelin is faster than Subban and just better at scoring goals, because he always has chances with Plekanec on the PK.
I think you mean Gomez right?

(if you're going to troll do it right)

On a serious note, I would like to see Emelin tried on the PP. Give Campoli's spot to him and see how he does for the remainder of the season. Not like we'd be losing anything.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I think you mean Gomez right?

(if you're going to troll do it right)

On a serious note, I would like to see Emelin tried on the PP. Give Campoli's spot to him and see how he does for the remainder of the season. Not like we'd be losing anything.
How can one possibly troll with Gomez?

And I agree, Emelin should see PP time. His offensive game is underrated by the coaching staff.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I also don't care if 28 other teams are after Gaustad, paying a 1st round pick for him is just way too much.
That's why it didn't happen.

It was Gaustad + 3rd for a first. Basically the price was Gaustad for a second but Nashville had run out of seconds.

Not really sure why people keep saying 'omg Gaustad was traded for a first' without mentioning any of that.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
windycity

i laughed when I saw the thread title, too true

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:53 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife