HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Kings - Deer Ticks are Huge!

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
This.

It seems the team plays better when we're in claw-for-playoffs mode and Weber has already started to grow his beard.

This year, we're almost definitely going to make it, we've picked up some good players, and everyone is just...meh. This is one of the main reasons I'm sad Radulov isn't making it over this year; we could use a jolt of his energy.
We are definitely a more consistent team when fighting for our playoff lives, but we were also completely gassed by the time we got to the second round last season, probably because of the wear of that stretch run. Though that mentality is making the Stars, Yotes, Sharks, Kings and Avs pretty tough outs right now, who's to say what effect this stretch will have on them when the real post-season arrives.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I find it pretty funny how adamant you are being about our play when you even admitted you didn't watch the game last night. Blind homerism at its finest.
All I've seen from 101 is an unwillingness to stand on the edge of the cliff because of the last run of games. Hasn't sounded to me like he's complimenting the play of the last few games, or dismissing the mistakes made, simply that it's awfully premature to make any long-term conclusions based on the run.

Let's get off each other's backs folks, this isn't a fun place to talk hockey when we're like this, and this is my only place to hang out with other Preds fans.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:00 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I find it pretty funny how adamant you are being about our play when you even admitted you didn't watch the game last night. Blind homerism at its finest.
Please quote the "blind homerism" where I say anything positive about how we played last night, or the night prior.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

guys. we lost. we haven't played well.

please leave the discussion to this game, and not about each other.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The Wings just lost in OT to the same Sharks we did.The LA team we lost to is on a four game win streak including victories over us, the Hawks, and the Wings.

The question of who of the top teams in the West is playing in full playoff mode remains unanswered.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Please quote the "blind homerism" where I say anything positive about how we played last night, or the night prior.
As soon as you find the quote of me claiming every team around us is winning while we aren't.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
As soon as you find the quote of me claiming every team around us is winning while we aren't.
I never attributed it to you. That is a reference to this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
All the teams around us are cleaning up their games and winning. We keep getting sloppier and losing games.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I never attributed it to you. That is a reference to this statement.
Yet you keep going on and on about about other teams' records while skirting the points of my posts. Maybe you should stop quoting me if you aren't talking to me?

It's pretty frustrating that we can't say anything negative about the team without being labeled as a cliff jumper.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Yet you keep going on and on about about other teams' records while skirting the points of my posts. Maybe you should stop quoting me if you aren't talking to me?

It's pretty frustrating that we can't say anything negative about the team without being labeled as a cliff jumper.

You say we are not in playoff mode, yet when asked directly who among the top teams in the west is in truly playing playoff ready hockey .... crickets. For a team playing so poorly, we keep beating quality teams since the ASG to include all three divisional leaders in the west.

Some here see a loss and proclaim we're a one and done team ... and routinely do so. Concern about specific issues is one thing while declaring doom after every loss or subpar night is something completely different.

Even if we're playing great hockey heading into the post season, making it to the second round is a toss up for most of the West based on how tight the conference is and the dogfight first round matchups most teams can expect. As of right now it would be STL/SJ, VAN/COL, DAL/CHI, and DET/NSH. No cakewalks. The 2/7 matchup there is probably the easiest for the higher seed with the other three potential series looking to be brutally competitive.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
You say we are not in playoff mode, yet when asked directly who among the top teams in the west is in truly playing playoff ready hockey .... crickets. For a team playing so poorly, we keep beating quality teams since the ASG to include all three divisional leaders in the west.

Some here see a loss and proclaim we're a one and done team ... and routinely do so. Concern about specific issues is one thing while declaring doom after every loss or subpar night is something completely different.

Even if we're playing great hockey heading into the post season, making it to the second round is a toss up for most of the West based on how tight the conference is and the dogfight first round matchups most teams can expect. As of right now it would be STL/SJ, VAN/COL, DAL/CHI, and DET/NSH. No cakewalks. The 2/7 matchup there is probably the easiest for the higher seed with the other three potential series looking to be brutally competitive.
Again, the points of my posts have nothing to do with what other teams are doing, or who is or isn't in playoff mode. I am saying we've been inconsistent since the all star break. You or someone else brought up "playoff mode," not me.

Yes, some do see a loss and make proclamations, but that isn't what I'm doing, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. This is the first time all year where I feel uneasy with our current team. I'm not claiming the season is over, just saying we need to pull together a few solid efforts in a row to get some confidence back. Something we haven't done in a while.

There's still time to right the ship. Luckily, we have lots of playoff experience on our roster so we should be able to bring up the intensity when the time comes. Hopefully we'll see the real Weber and Suter then.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Again, the points of my posts have nothing to do with what other teams are doing, or who is or isn't in playoff mode. I am saying we've been inconsistent since the all star break. You or someone else brought up "playoff mode," not me.

Yes, some do see a loss and make proclamations, but that isn't what I'm doing, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. This is the first time all year where I feel uneasy with our current team. I'm not claiming the season is over, just saying we need to pull together a few solid efforts in a row to get some confidence back. Something we haven't done in a while.

There's still time to right the ship. Luckily, we have lots of playoff experience on our roster so we should be able to bring up the intensity when the time comes. Hopefully we'll see the real Weber and Suter then.
We're no more or less consistent than most teams around us in the standings right now. Detroit, Chicago, and the Pacific teams are all hit or miss from one night to the next. We're consistently having issues clearing the zone and missing defensive responsibilities while relatively consistently scoring 3+ per game since the ASG. The problem I see isn't inconsistency, it is consistently making the same mistakes.

For all of the issues this team has, we're a win tonight or a win in the head to head matchup from taking 4th from the Wings. Not bad for a team that is rotating wingers among the 3rd and 4th lines, lost our trade deadline center acquisition, and has been missing our #3 d-man for the past several games up to last night.

3:21pm ... first use of "playoff mode" in general and specifically in reference to the Preds.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
hockey diva

A Detroit team that is missing some key pieces and we barely beat last Saturday. I don't take their last 10 games as evidence that they are in trouble, any more than I take our last 10 games as evidence that we are fine. The Blues are firing on all cylinders. Vancouver is playing well enough to stay at the top of the West. All the Pacific teams are bearing down trying to get in. Chicago is only missing Towes otherwise they are solid and may end up only 2 points behind us after tonight.

I am not a cliff jumper or a chicken little. We are not playing well and I have a right to express my opinion on our play. I may have exaggerated somewhat. Maybe we won't be one and done but based on our play at this moment, I think we are.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
We're no more or less consistent than most teams around us in the standings right now. Detroit, Chicago, and the Pacific teams are all hit or miss from one night to the next. We're consistently having issues clearing the zone and missing defensive responsibilities while relatively consistently scoring 3+ per game since the ASG. The problem I see isn't inconsistency, it is consistently making the same mistakes.

For all of the issues this team has, we're a win tonight or a win in the head to head matchup from taking 4th from the Wings. Not bad for a team that is rotating wingers among the 3rd and 4th lines, lost our trade deadline center acquisition, and has been missing our #3 d-man for the past several games up to last night.

3:21pm ... first use of "playoff mode" in general and specifically in reference to the Preds.
Detroit has been missing some major players in their lineup (Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Howard, Franzen, Bertuzzi, etc.), yet are keeping pace with us. They outplayed us last week while icing a bunch of AHLers. We would have gotten slaughtered had they been healthy, and they will be healthy come playoff time unfortunately. The December/January Predators team could beat them in a series. Now? I don't feel quite as confident.

Chicago is in the same boat as us, I agree. Difference is they are missing their captain, but at least we have solid goaltending to give us an edge.

St Louis, well nothing needs to be said here. They are dominating.

Vancouver is in a bit of a lull, but they have sheer skill to get them by, something we don't have. They can somewhat afford to coast, and have proven in the past they can bring it once the post season starts.

LA and Dallas have improved themselves over the past few weeks. Sure it's partly due to them fighting for a playoff spot, but that makes me kind of wish we were fighting for something to give us some momentum.

All others are playing similar to us, and are likely not in good shape for the playoffs.

"We're no more or less consistent than most teams around us in the standings right now", man you sure are making me feel confident about our team . Call me crazy but this doesn't convince me that we're in good shape right now. It only takes one or two bad games to be eliminated in the playoffs. Shooting par isn't something I'm aiming for. Luckily we still have 3 weeks to aim for something better.

I'm almost always on your side of the fence, but something just isn't sitting right with me right now. I've felt it since the all star break.

Old
03-18-2012, 07:02 PM
dulzhok

Klein comes back to the lineup and look what happens

Yes, that argument is about as bad as 'blaming' the absence of Klein for our 6-2-1 record without him in the lineup.

Sure, Klein is usually a beter option than Hillen or Bouillon, but that's not saying much.

Old
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Detroit has been missing some major players in their lineup (Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Howard, Franzen, Bertuzzi, etc.), yet are keeping pace with us. They outplayed us last week while icing a bunch of AHLers. We would have gotten slaughtered had they been healthy, and they will be healthy come playoff time unfortunately. The December/January Predators team could beat them in a series. Now? I don't feel quite as confident.

Chicago is in the same boat as us, I agree. Difference is they are missing their captain, but at least we have solid goaltending to give us an edge.

St Louis, well nothing needs to be said here. They are dominating.

Vancouver is in a bit of a lull, but they have sheer skill to get them by, something we don't have. They can somewhat afford to coast, and have proven in the past they can bring it once the post season starts.

LA and Dallas have improved themselves over the past few weeks. Sure it's partly due to them fighting for a playoff spot, but that makes me kind of wish we were fighting for something to give us some momentum.

All others are playing similar to us, and are likely not in good shape for the playoffs.

"We're no more or less consistent than most teams around us in the standings right now", man you sure are making me feel confident about our team . Call me crazy but this doesn't convince me that we're in good shape right now. It only takes one or two bad games to be eliminated in the playoffs. Shooting par isn't something I'm aiming for. Luckily we still have 3 weeks to aim for something better.

I'm almost always on your side of the fence, but something just isn't sitting right with me right now. I've felt it since the all star break.
St Louis is enjoying a relatively easy schedule right now. Columbus twice, Carolina, and Tampa in their last five.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
A Detroit team that is missing some key pieces and we barely beat last Saturday. I don't take their last 10 games as evidence that they are in trouble, any more than I take our last 10 games as evidence that we are fine. The Blues are firing on all cylinders. Vancouver is playing well enough to stay at the top of the West. All the Pacific teams are bearing down trying to get in. Chicago is only missing Towes otherwise they are solid and may end up only 2 points behind us after tonight.

I am not a cliff jumper or a chicken little. We are not playing well and I have a right to express my opinion on our play. I may have exaggerated somewhat. Maybe we won't be one and done but based on our play at this moment, I think we are.
Three teams in the conference have a better record than us over the past ten games ... five league wide if you want to look to the east. We played well against Detroit until we did our usual let up with a lead. It's the same thing we did against the Yotes. Luckily, we got away with it those games.

Zone clears, defensive assignments, playing with intensity for 60mins to include with a lead ... the big areas that need addressing. All mental.

Old
03-18-2012, 07:54 PM
predfan98

i just must be dense, cause i don't know what this has to do with hockey..

Old
03-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

“We have to be a lot better. We expect to compete with the best. But I don’t think we are where we should be. We need to make sure we are more consistent and play with a better effort,” Weber said.

Guess Weber needs to step away from the cliff as well.

Old
03-19-2012, 05:19 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
“We have to be a lot better. We expect to compete with the best. But I don’t think we are where we should be. We need to make sure we are more consistent and play with a better effort,” Weber said.

Guess Weber needs to step away from the cliff as well.
Nothing in his quote says a thing about gloom, doom, or that the team is done ... i.e. the cliff. Nice to see Weber using the word "we" since his play is among the group needing the most improvement in quality and consistency.

Old
03-19-2012, 06:01 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

All I know is we got a win and confirmation that Rads is coming back in the same night. You guys (and gal) can pick it apart all you want, but I'm loving this. Can't wait for the rest of this season and the playoffs are gonna be insane!!!

Old
03-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Game over, next game already complete, I don't see this discussion honestly heading anywhere positive, thread closed...

Closed Thread